Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old May 22nd, 2004, 12:15 PM   #1
Omega
Shuttle Pilot

Default SPOILERS: What did ya'al think of the last mission?

This post contains spoilers. If you don't want to know about the plot of the last mission, don't read it.

(Highlight below to see the post.)
What did other people think of the last mission? I for one was pretty disappointed. After the high level of difficulty of mission 13, I was expecting something a little more challenging (I played on normal mode). With maybe 4 fighters at the beginning and a few more later on, I thought this was a yawner. The main challenge was just figuring out what you were supposed to shoot, especially those first couple of targets down in the tip of the spike. Once I had that figured out, it was pretty easy. Even the missiles that the advanced base star shoots were pretty lame, since you can just keep your distance until the beam shoots, which is easy to avoid. And I was disappointed that the other base stars were just sitting there- shouldn't they join the fight from the beginning, rather than just if Erebus' cradle docks with one? The part that was the most fun was chasing after the cradle and taking out its thrusters. This one would have been a lot better if you had some harassment from raiders and had to balance fighting them, repairing, and fighting the base star. Is it better on expert mode?
[end]
Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2004, 05:27 PM   #2
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Thumbs down

I never played this mission on expert mode. I quit after the ice cube mission where I was hopelessly stuck. I started the game again only to pack the thingy up. I was to the point of spacing the thing. On the first time around I was tempted to quit but didn't hoping to play the supposed bonus mission with Starbuck and Apollo only to find out latter that it wasn't included due to time constraints.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2004, 03:09 PM   #3
Ian_W359
Warrior

Heart

I agree with Omega's post on the last mission, and in addition....

Spoiler
I think that Erebus's cradle should have been more heavily armed to make it more of a challenge to destroy before it docked with another basestar. After the manic Cylon-fest that was level 13, this was a bit of an anti-climax. As for the final FMV sequence, I expected a bit more pizazz - and got - a sly look back at what looked like a revamped Galactica (from the mini) - was the final design for the Galactica complete at the time of programming the sequence?

So now I'm playing through Expert mode to unlock the images in the extras menu.
Has anyone got all the 'Code Unlockables' yet? I've tried the codes from the website that was mentioned elsewhere in this forum, but have only unlocked about 30 of the 60 or so pictures. Are there anymore codes out there?

All the best,
Ian W359
Ian_W359 is offline   Reply With Quote