Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 27th, 2003, 12:15 PM   #1
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Default Is Glen back in the picture?

Found this over at Galactica 2003.

Larson Galactica Revival Update

http://www.subspacebbs.com/forums/sh...threadid=16566

Larson's Galactica and the old cast

http://www.subspacebbs.com/forums/sh...threadid=16545

Jim:colwar:

Last edited by dilbertman; April 27th, 2003 at 12:41 PM..
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 12:20 PM   #2
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

I think Glen want to be back in the picture, whether Universal lets him is another thing entirely.

From reading what he has planned, it's no better than what Moore is throwing at TOS fans IMO.

Peter
Old April 27th, 2003, 12:34 PM   #3
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Looks like crafty Milton has orchetrated a safe enviroment for Larson supporters so as to divide Continuation fans again.

Milton loathes Larson's Galactica vision, this is nothing moore than divide and conquer.

I have faith the new council will address this.
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 01:20 PM   #4
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

I posted a poll. Please vote.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 03:07 PM   #5
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Damn right it's divide and conquer. I wouldn't take any information from that source as anything less than completely biased and self serving.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 04:29 PM   #6
XANATOS

at one time i would have watched
a continuation with new
actors
BUT NOT NOW
if sfi and universal wants
a billion dollar franchise
they will give us the core fans
what we want
if they want a one airing
low profit mini and the hatered
and contempt of
pople who would
have gave them
millions they will continue
down the path they are now
going

XANATOS
Old April 27th, 2003, 07:42 PM   #7
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan Force

There are a couple of threads over at Cylon Alliance about Larson's involvement with the upcoming BSG game:

http://www.cylon.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=193

and

http://www.cylon.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=231

A question to ask is if Larson bought into the changes that makes it a prequel to the mini. If he did, he's probably no friend to us at this point.

Although I'd really hate to think that....

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 07:49 PM   #8
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan Force

Good - very happy to hear that.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 07:53 PM   #9
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally posted by Warrior
Larson ain't gonna be back in the picture.

In fact, don't you have some contact with the Larson camp, dilbertman?
I have some contact with Glen's son Chris. I asked him what he or his dad thinks of the new galactica miniseries? Also asked if Glen was going to try to make it to 25 year con for galactica this october.

This what I got back from him.

"If you are thinking of that Scifi channel series idea, it sucks. We still hope for a movie deal."

BTW, this is how Chris feels, I do not know if Glen feels the same way.

Jim:colwar:
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2003, 08:56 PM   #10
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Folks,

Glen A. Larson was personally offered again (recently) access to both BattlestarGalactica.com and BattlestarPegasus.com by myself for promoting his efforts, if he so chooses.

I'm only raising this subject since there seems to be rumoring about his potential return to the BG front. And now this thread has popped up.

While we've offered this before a few years ago, even during the times where he and Richard Hatch had opposing views on the return of this property, it remained open to him to share his points of view. The same offer was extended to both Singer/DeSanto and Eick/Moore.

It should be noted that since early 2001, our Revival sections have signaled support for Glen A. Larson as well. While this isn't a quote from the man, and only second-hand (not third-hand, or off-off-off-hand commentary) information, I understand that he liked/supported Tom DeSanto's project. I understand, too, he also felt Richard's ideas were better than what Universal had been discussing internally.

Mr. Larson is a very private man. He's a very creative individual who's very protective of his properties.

Reaching out to Mr. Larson does not guarantee -- or pretend -- to foster support for the return of Apollo, Starbuck, Tigh, etc. If Mr. Larson is indeed contemplating the return -- the continuation -- of the original Battlestar Galactica series, it would be most interesting to see.

Right now, Richard Hatch, as much as I respect the man, isn't able to bring back the show. David Eick and Ronald D. Moore are doing so. And before that, Bryan Singer and Tom DeSanto were given that task.

Let's see what transpires next. Stu Phillips will tell you: (Larson) hasn't given up hope of reviving BG. Nor has he stopped.

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2003, 09:03 PM   #11
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

Btw, someone sent me an e-mail about Larson's comments, via another individual on another bboard.

(snip) "len says "the script has to do with the return of the an old warrior"

One comment that Mr. Moore made to me last year was that Commander Cain would be returning. I imagine that is what is being referenced within that comment. I wonder if he'll follow the script plans for BG's unfilmed second season opener, though, which featured the return of Cain. The ideas within the script would fit into Moore's universe, too.

Michael
Old April 28th, 2003, 09:42 PM   #12
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
Mr. Larson is a very private man. He's a very creative individual who's very protective of his properties.
Wasn't Harlan Ellison quoted down somewhere in an article saying, Glen Larson was a hack?

Larson was creative but he sold the BG rights didn't he? How protective was he then!

The 1970's was Larson's domain. Anything that came after Knight Rider was lackluster. (i had high hopes for Highwayman series as a kid until you learn about cancelled TV shows and how the ratings and viewership works?)
I got a hell of a lot more respect for Glen Larson than i ever will for Ron Moore, Universal Studios, TPTB or Bonnie Hammer. But glen shares the blame somewhat for this since the selling of the Galactica rights.

Why keep rights to the character of Commander Cain and the storyline of his crew rather than the original show?

Say Michael, are we gonna get those second season tip bits yet? We have nothing else to discuss other than the direction of the sinking ship, us BG fans happen to be in.

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2003, 10:23 PM   #13
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Kingjason
Say Michael, are we gonna get those second season tip bits yet? We have nothing else to discuss other than the direction of the sinking ship, us BG fans happen to be in.

KJ
Yes, and I apologize for not jumping on that sooner.

I'll tend to that in the next week. Please remind me if it slips past me, particularly with everything on my (rather overflowing) plate.

Michael
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2003, 01:15 PM   #14
KJ
Strike Leader

Is Glen back in the picture?

Check this out http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/ar...1645643,58417,

Guess his old Knight Rider is viable for an update!

Hope Mike's tip bits are promising, news given to us months ago about Starbuck being a Colonel, Tigh gone without any reason? Cylon controlled Pegasus crew etc sounds like a Universal and ABC season 2 retooling job?

Mike with all the news you get, you could make a BG Scrapbook for 2003! heh. Don't worry about it, i, if not others here will remind you next week for the "unproduced season 2 lowdown".

later

KJ
Old April 30th, 2003, 01:30 PM   #15
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

The funny part is that Knight Rider is a continuation of the old premise but updated due to the fact Michael Knight will be in charge like Devon Miles(Edward Mulhare) was.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2003, 02:06 PM   #16
KJ
Strike Leader

THANK YOU KINGFISH you're a true voice of reason!

See PTB why redo Galactica. Battlestar Galactica is even more remembered than Knight Rider (o.k. Busta did the music thing so? FIRE IT UP!!!)

Ain't David Hasslehoff as old as the cast of BG now? Looks like old Hollywood politics, pay offs, and screw jobs is why we're not getting a continuation? that and Hammer's put S&M horror and bad programming into the sci-fi network.

If you've seen the ads in the U.K. version of the sci-fi Channel leather gear and rubber? bizarre european style ads and average shows only, The Lost World, Sliders midnight Twilight Zone repeats and Anime japanese cartoons make up for it?

At least we can say Knight Rider's untouched by Hammer and Moore's remake ideas.

Imagine : On his first day as new boss of F.L.A.G. Michael Knight is bitched slapped by his new protege',

K.I.T.T. is a old model in F.L.A.G.'s museam as a gift shop attraction!

Garth Knight sold out his old man for sex!

K.A.R.R. was once, a top of the line car once used by Michael Knight. now he is up for sale on Ebay?

Bonnie is a foul mouthed, bra jogging engineer, how hates her boss!

April a former F.L.A.G. member, is now a president of terrorist group selling F.L.A.G. technology to the highest bidder on ebay?

Yep Ron Moore we can envision your genius popcorn hating butt re-imagining Knight Rider alright, get back to flipping burgers boy?

KJ

Last edited by KJ; April 30th, 2003 at 02:14 PM..
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2003, 02:09 PM   #17
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Speaking of Larson projects

Tell ya what, why doesn't Ron Moore re-imagine Glen Larson's old Nightman series? Now there a re-imagining cause he might actually win!

KJ