Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 24th, 2003, 06:14 PM   #1
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Default From our Scaper Friend

Date: 04/24/2003

I was going to comment on SCIFISTAFF's

post but why bother? This board has basically gone down the toilet AND there are other Battlestar Galactica boards to continue on. What needs to be done, now, is for those fans who will NOT be watching the mini to continue to monitor this board for newbies with questions and direct them to boards with necessary information for your campaign. This is what many of us Scapers are doing. The Farscape board is troll-ridden and a few of us watch for newbies asking questions. We give them the links to find answers to their questions and to boards where they can discuss Farscape without worrying about trolls bashing their every word.
So, from a Scaper to TOS Galactica fans.....you folks have the numbers AND the spirit. SlyLie may think they've gotten the upper hand with this "announcement" but all they've done is stir the pot...and they're the ones who will cook in it.

Our Farscape allies has been at our side when we needed them the most. The ones I talked to assure me that Milton and the Moore Fans will never get support for their disgraceful actions.

They speak for most of the Scapers.

I advice that we all take the time to post a thank you message at their forums when we get a chance.

-Ronald D. Moore-
Scooter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2003, 02:09 AM   #2
Agelastus
Warrior

Good.

Additionally, for the record, I believe a Farscape revival is a must. It was the best thing on television while it was around.
Old April 26th, 2003, 05:45 PM   #3
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Neat, I'm a Scaper too and definitely we should have a revival. Farscape was awesome.

Krystal :baloon:

PS: What happen to the smilies? Most of the list are dissapearing.
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2003, 07:29 PM   #4
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Farscape was very interesting, I only saw a few episodes, and those only because of Galacticans who were scapers. But I try to tape the reruns (12-1 for those of us in the East) only thing to turn skiffy on for.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 01:05 AM   #5
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Default Jewels

Notify me when they start airing the first episode and on. I too want to check out Farscape.

-Ronald D. Moore-
Scooter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2003, 08:04 AM   #6
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Default Re: Jewels

Quote:
Originally posted by Scooter2000
Notify me when they start airing the first episode and on. I too want to check out Farscape.
Jewels you may want to shout out the start date for re-runs, like my self and Scooter there were probably a lot of Battlestar types who only caught the last few Farscape episodes. If I can catch it from begining, well it would answer alot of questions.

Gigi Edgley
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2003, 10:49 AM   #7
Artemis
Warrior

Reruns of Farscape started in early April, they are almost to the end of season one. They air sunday-thursday at midnight, kind of a slap in the face by scifi I think. 'Here we will give you the reruns you have wanted but only on late night tv.'
You can rent season 1 and 2 DVDs and season 3 is just coming out. It is worth it, I have already hooked 2 other people and now we are going to be starting a Farscape RPG adventure.
:colwar:
Old April 28th, 2003, 08:21 PM   #8
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

BattlestarGalactica.com and BattlestarPegasus.com have been -- and continue to -- host "Save Farscape" links. "Farscape" is indeed a show worth saving, worth returning to the airwaves and/or movie theaters. 'Scapers helped when they were needed. I hope this somehow has helped their efforts as well.

Scooter: Thanks for sharing that.

Michael
Old April 28th, 2003, 08:23 PM   #9
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Quote:
Originally posted by Artemis
(...) You can rent season 1 and 2 DVDs and season 3 is just coming out.
I think the ultimate slap on the face is the way SCI-FI Channel/Universal/Henson are releasing the DVDs: Bundles of episodes, not collections, a la Paramount's DVD releases of "Star Trek" (TOS). (Tsk, tsk!)

May they revisit that decision...

Michael
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2003, 09:30 AM   #10
CylonLucifer

Default The responsible parties for DVD release

I have found out that ADV Films (http://www.advfilms.com/index.asp?bhjs=0) is the group responsible for the distribution of the Farscape DVDs in the U.S. I was chatting with a Scaper the other day and he wasn't too thrilled with the way ADV was doing the releases and the fact that they hadn't made a decision to do a season 2 boxed set. He did say that Scapers had been writing ADV and politely requesting the season 2 boxed set and asking if the individual DVDs could be released on a more rapid scale, especially now that the program is in very late night reruns.
I believe he said ADVs response was "We'll consider it." or something to that effect.