Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Closed Thread

Old April 4th, 2003, 05:26 PM   #31
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Hito

"And I'll say it again if this same story had been crafted as some kind of continuation scheme with your boi hatch in the lead you would go out of your way to praise it's edgyness."

I must disagree with you and this, I know Michael well enough to know that simply is not true
Steve
Old April 4th, 2003, 05:32 PM   #32
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Please Une expand, I would love to hear what you think common sense is
S:confused:
Old April 4th, 2003, 05:36 PM   #33
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Default Re: Hito??????????

Quote:
Originally posted by LordStarFyre
" And I'll say it again if this same story had been crafted as some kind of continuation scheme with your boi hatch in the lead you would go out of your way to praise it's edgyness."

Gee Hito, maybe next time you get your Knickers in a Wad over us asking about your boi moore, can i remind you about this line?

Moore aint my Boi
he is jsut the one who is at the helm of what will FINALY be a return of Galactica to the air.
If anyone was my Boi it was DeSanto so if you got some credable alternatives i'm open to hearing about them.

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelfaries

You wrote "Tom Desanto's only claim to fame at the time he was helming the continuation were Writing, Producing and Directing X-Men." To which I responded, "I disagree. Tom DeSanto's prior claim to fame before "X-Men" and "X2" was working on 'Apt Pupil.'" I answered your question. Why are you arguing back about a co-producer credit? (?)
The point that was trying to be made was that becasue moores work had been limited in the past to properties that he had not created from whole cloth.
My rebutal was that up in to that time Desanto had also not preformed creativly outside of properties that he has himself not "created"

Quote:

Let's clarify something here: The reason most hard core fans wanting him out was the lack of information about the production. Fear of the unknown was a catalyst here. We had two Hollywood A-list producers/director (DeSanto and Singer) hot on the heels of the "X-Men" who swooped in and announced a deal to do "Battlestar Galactica." Until then, fans were still pushing mainly for a Richard Hatch-oriented production. It shocked and scared a lot of folks who wondered how this BG production would turn out -- and with little detail being shared.

You had your reasons for supporting the DeSanto/Singer production when you did. Other fans needed more reasons/facts to throw their support behind it. Mr. DeSanto had a personal goal of keeping "the presents wrapped under the Christmas tree until Christmas morning when they should be unwrapped." Personally, I think a few presents needed to be unwrapped in July. And that was an issue to the fans' support.
This is why i say that the inflexibility on the part of hard core fans has kept BSG from being on the air.
The man came to you with what you wanted but u resist him for silly reasons like he Wont use the original Galactica or some of the actors wont be in it?!
That disgusted me with the entire movement.

Like I've said before.
No one is going to be able to do a contanuaiton that will satasfy every one.
It will always be some little thing to sign a petition about or write letters for.

A galactica fan with a blockbuster movie under his belt?!
So they want to hold out instead for a guy with 40 mins of footage and a few novles?!

Quote:

There were complications, as I cited before, on how the production proceeded to get where it needed to. There were numerous Catch-22 occurances. And it was understandable that many things couldn't be leaked outright, given the business dealings behind the scenes.

In the end, Mr. DeSanto's project would have likely enamored even the hard core fans. As one of them, I can say this. It stayed true to the original series; it was a riveting story; it didn't portray every character as dysfunctional; it had action, nostalgia, romance and drama.
Then fans should have gotten behind him with every bit as much fevor as they are yelling for moores head now.
If not for them holding out for 100% there would be quality Galactica in production right now!

Quote:

Yes, I would have MUCH preferred Richard's version on-screen. Yes, I prefer an original series tie-in.
Haches version Over DeSanto?!
A hand full of mins of footage over X-Men?

Richard hatch isnt even close to being as Qualified as DeSanto to bring off somthing like this.
Show me somthing to prove me wrong here?

Oh u cant the trailer still is not available to the public...

Quote:

One argument I have is: If Ronald D. Moore is an exceptional writer on work such as "Star Trek: TNG" and "Star Trek: DS9" for examples, with legacy characters, why couldn't he have written the BG original series characters? It seems to be his forte... Working with/writing for established characters. I keep hearing that from fans on both sides of the fence.
I am positive that if that is what he had been brought in to do he could have.
But i am sure no matter how sincere he or any other writer would have been in doing so you and the rest of the hard core of BSG fandom would have found some reason to crusify them.

Quote:

My "boi hatch"?

And "(I) would go out of (my) way to praise it's edgyness"?
Yeah i'm talkin about your boi, homie, compadre...

Quote:

Hito, I just lost a lot of respect for you.
It aint a thang.
Feelins been mutual.

Hey come on tell us again how u gotta stay real hush hush, but somthing big is coming in the next few days.

Quote:

If there's one thing I am, it's my own person. If Richard had delivered a sub-par script like that, filled with mostly unlikeable characters as Mr. Moore's script is, I'd let him know. I'd diplomatically state my own personal views on the matter, too, if asked. You've made some interesting judgments about my character which are your own... and quite incorrect.
So then Where *IS* his script?
Where is what he has to come to the table with?

If i gotta go see this so-called "trailer" this summer.
It had better be "Da' $**+" I mean the striaght up BOMB!

I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today -- my own government....
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~

I can hear God saying to America: “You are too arrogant! If you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power!"
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~
Old April 4th, 2003, 08:03 PM   #34
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Hito,

I'm not even going to dignify a response point by point. Instead of a friendly debate, as I'm attempting to engage with you, you keep trying to attack. Instead of counterpointing, you merely argue and provoke.

For someone who is a moderator, I'm surprised you aren't setting a better example. (?)

Michael
:colwar:
Old April 4th, 2003, 08:16 PM   #35
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

That's it. Everybody to the cafe for a drink! We be too high stress here.

*lights a bunch of lavender aromatherapy candles and gets outta here*

G'night boys.
Old April 4th, 2003, 10:36 PM   #36
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

"This is why I say that the inflexibility on the part of hard core fans has kept BSG from being on the air."

"Hito, I just lost a lot of respect for you."

Ok, folks, time out. When it's opinions on the various productions or members (to a point) that's fine, but when we start jumping on each other about it, that's not good. Let's leave off the name calling and personal judgements, shall we?
Old April 5th, 2003, 12:27 AM   #37
Cosmic Cleric

I say break out the Nerf sticks !

Old April 5th, 2003, 12:48 AM   #38
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Quote:
Originally posted by Micheleh
Ok, folks, time out. When it's opinions on the various productions or members (to a point) that's fine, but when we start jumping on each other about it, that's not good. Let's leave off the name calling and personal judgements, shall we?
Understood. Sorry, Hito. That's a genuine, sincere apology.

Michael
Old April 5th, 2003, 05:07 AM   #39
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

How about a nice game of chess LOL
S
Old April 5th, 2003, 05:54 AM   #40
une
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
une,

Would you care to expand on this statement?

(No offense, Hito!) I'd just like to hear une's point of view.

BST
Quote:
Please Une expand, I would love to hear what you think common sense is
S :confused:
Over the time I've been lurking here I've heard so many unrealistic statements, like the power of the BSG fanbase, or so many severly biased an unfair statements, anything having to do with Moore, that I've come to consider this one the most biased boards I regularly visit.

One of the few people that I've seen constantly display a non biased, realistic, opinion has been Hito. That's why I said what I said, and even now I've only had my opinions reinforced.
Old April 5th, 2003, 06:03 AM   #41
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

You must have beel lurking in a closet, Had you read all the posts from people, most here love BSG and a continuation, but the main gripe is that RDM has bastardized the show we all love. He is using the name only to gather support for something that does not resemble BSG. He should call it something else but noe BSG. Maybe BSG90310
I don't recall anybody forceing you to come here
S
Old April 5th, 2003, 06:43 AM   #42
une
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
You must have beel lurking in a closet, Had you read all the posts from people, most here love BSG and a continuation, but the main gripe is that RDM has bastardized the show we all love. He is using the name only to gather support for something that does not resemble BSG. He should call it something else but noe BSG. Maybe BSG90310
I don't recall anybody forceing you to come here
S
Congrats comrade! You get the official Une award, in the category of completely missing the point of my post.

Please point out where I wrote that people here don't love BSG. Cause I don't see it.

On the other hand, thanks for strengthing my previous viewpoint, that people here hold an unfairly biased view of Ron. Moore.
Old April 5th, 2003, 06:51 AM   #43
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

For you to interprete that way, LOL is very interesting. Your view is very narrow, you seem to interpret by your own standards which bears little resemblence to what I said, perhaps you are a graduate of the Sadam school of information. To come here and call someone comrade speaks volumes about where you are comeing from, As I said before nobody forced you to come here.
BTW how is RDM?
Old April 5th, 2003, 07:34 AM   #44
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Warrior

Star Trek fans saved the show for the entire three seasons through the use of chain letters. TOS Trek was almost cancelled in it's first season. Why they don't listen to TOS Galactica fans is beyond me.
Old April 5th, 2003, 07:43 AM   #45
une
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
For you to interprete that way, LOL is very interesting. Your view is very narrow, you seem to interpret by your own standards which bears little resemblence to what I said, perhaps you are a graduate of the Sadam school of information.
Who doesn't interpret things by their own standards. That's a pretty stupid comment.

Regardless of how I interpreted things, what you said was, "Had you read all the posts from people, most here love BSG and a continuation, but the main gripe is that RDM has bastardized the show we all love" Now I ask you, when did I say that people here don't love BSG, or when did I say that people here didn't think that Ron. Moore "bastardized" BSG?

Quote:
To come here and call someone comrade speaks volumes about where you are comeing from, As I said before nobody forced you to come here.
Your correct comrade, no one forced me to come here. I'm here of my own volation.

Quote:
BTW how is RDM?
How am I supposed to know?
Old April 5th, 2003, 07:47 AM   #46
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Pretty clear what your agenda is son and this homey is not going to play
You have a nice day
Old April 5th, 2003, 08:05 AM   #47
une
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Pretty clear what your agenda is son and this homey is not going to play
You have a nice day
Riiiight
HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.
Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.
HAL: It's called "Daisy."
[sings while slowing down]
HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.
Old April 5th, 2003, 08:11 AM   #48
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default Nice to see that

Hito's Moderating for Milty is starting to have an impact...
Old April 5th, 2003, 08:14 AM   #49
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Ouch! LOL As far as I have always thought was that this was basically a procontinuation board, that is one reason I came here in the first place.
I am sure there are boards that have different views but I have no reason to go there
S

Last edited by Stevew; April 5th, 2003 at 08:18 AM..
Old April 5th, 2003, 10:08 AM   #50
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Frankly I'm glad Hito has started showing his true character on this board by ripping into Michael and continuation fans in general. He's been jumping on my back from time to time for simply expressing opinions that he doesn't agree with. His latest one was a couple of weeks ago, so I sent him a PM saying "What's up? Why the put downs? Do you have something against me personally or something?"

He responded with a 3-part PM that got progressiviely angrier and fillled with obscenities directed not only toward me, but continuation fans in general. I then read direct excerpts from this PM in a post directed toward someone else, as if he wrote a personal manifesto against continuation fans and doles out sections of it from time to time.

He said I only wanted Hatch in charge.

False, I told him. When have I ever posted this opinion? I hadn't.

You're only complaining about sex and handjobs to get back at Moore for not doing a continuation, he told me.

False, I said. I really, actually, find sex between Cylons and humans stupid.

The agenda became clear. He doesn't know me from Adam, but he's got something against continuation fans and he's going to take it out on all of us. He's grouped us all into one category. We're all Hatch-fanatics who deserve what we're getting because we didn't back DeSanto, even though as Michael said, what we wanted was info, nothing else.

And as much as I like Hatch, I would still gladly (yes, gladly) accept a continuation that had just Starbuck and Boomer, or even just Starbuck. I've always felt this way, but I don't generally post it because I know a lot of people want Apollo in there as much as Starbuck.

As I said, it got pretty ugly, that PM, as his personality became clearer and clearer. He even got self-defensive, defending his role as moderator (even though I never questioned it) and saying how much longer he's been around than me (even though I never brought up that point either). All this defensiveness even though he was the one who had been attacking me on this forum, and not the other way around. In all honesty, he was one of those names I never even noticed before the first attack a few months ago (I generally disregard the posts with horrible spelling and formatting).

I'm glad that others are seeing the true Hito now. For the past two weeks, since he sent me that PM, I've been wondering why a moderator seemed to be stirring things up instead of smoothing things out. It still makes no sense to me, but at least maybe I'm not alone in my wondering now.

Last edited by RGrant; April 5th, 2003 at 10:11 AM..
Old April 5th, 2003, 10:16 AM   #51
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default RG

Well, I was accused of hanging on to a particular piece of Richard's Undergarments because I thought Moore is a Retard.

However, it is becoming clear that Moore has an inroad here, and any who oppose him are just looking for "70's TV and Disco hair". Funny, that's the "scripted" argument from the Moore Fan boards...
Old April 5th, 2003, 12:16 PM   #52
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
Richard Hatch

Enough. I appreciate everyone's POV, but please leave out the personal judgements and issues. Take it to PM, or contact one of the staff.
Old April 5th, 2003, 01:23 PM   #53
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I second that!
Old April 5th, 2003, 02:42 PM   #54
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
Richard Hatch

Default *******

*Several posts moved to private discussion*

Last edited by Micheleh; April 5th, 2003 at 03:43 PM..

Closed Thread