Old August 25th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #2
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Awesome.

Really liked the first season but it kind of went wacky after that.

Old October 5th, 2005, 12:04 PM   #3
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4242

It's finally coming out at last on December 26. Season 1 is the only one I have any interest in (Stephanie Beacham!).
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 07:07 PM   #4
Breea
Bad Email Address

You kow watching those..it's so hard to believe that Jonathan Brandis committed
suicide...he was such a talented actor...and so young...
Breea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 11:28 PM   #5
Nezhdan
Shuttle Pilot

SeaQuest DSV was such a disappointment after Season One, it went from my favorite show to one you couldn't pay me to watch. I remember them introducing "Daggers" and thinking "Okay, that's not too bad, I can live with that, in fact, hey that's kind of neat." Then they had the boy with the gills... and a MechWarrior remote control episode, then a er... UFO?

Mark Hamill? Jeepers, it turned creepy real fast.

And yeah it's wild Jonathan did that. Sad that he felt he had such problems that only that solution would fix. He was a talented young man.
Nezhdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 06:13 AM   #6
Galactifan
Warrior

I really enjoyed SeaQuest...All seasons had good and bad things to them. Here's my take...

Season One - I liked the realistic approach that SeaQuest could actually exist in our time. Very well done stories yet lacking in action. More underwater battles needed.

Season Two - Good action but lost some of the realism. It turned more sci-fi. Dagwood the Dagger = Bad story and just plain dumb.

Season Three - New captain added (I miss Captain Bridger and I'm not alone on this). Overall season had good action but bad stories.
Galactifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 09:10 AM   #7
Bijou88

I think it is interesting that SeaQuest went along the same path as Voyage To The Bottom Of the Sea. Both shows were, at first, straight drama series. VTTBOTS was cold war action adventure while SeaQuest was science adventure. Later seasons saw a shift towards weird sci fi plots. VTTBOTS had mermaids, werewolves, Seaweed monsters and whatever they could recycle from Lost in Space. SeaQuest Got kind of goofy with giant gators and fire beathing sea worms.

As for Jonathan Brandis, the only way to describe it is pure tragedy. As a person who lost someone close to suicide, it is always a terrible waste. I only wish he found the peace in death that he could not find in life. Forgive him and realize that Jonathan was not mentally healthy. If he was mentally whole, he would have never ended his life.

Since we are on this sad topic, it should be noted that the actor, Royce Applegate, who played Chief Crockett also died tragically. He died a few years ago in a fire in his home.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 08:39 PM   #8
Tibbetts
Warrior

It sucks not having money to buy these dvds. Damn winter. Maybe in the Spring.

-Tibetts
Old March 8th, 2006, 03:05 AM   #9
TopGun
Strike Leader

I loved SeaQuest
Old July 22nd, 2006, 12:52 AM   #10
Airwolfnight
Bad Email Address

Seaquest is very cool.
Airwolfnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #11
Crashoveride
Shuttle Pilot

Default Seaquest DSV Season 2 on DVD

Any one heard if they are releasing season 2 on DVD anytime soon? I have Season 1, and wouldn't mind getting the the second one. However they can Frak the 3rd Season for sure.
Crashoveride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 04:57 PM   #12
Bijou88

I have not heard how well season 1 sold. I hope they made a nice profit from the DVD release of the show. I have been checking the site "TV shows on DVD" regulary. They are the go to site for news about TV releases. So far, there has not been any news about season 2 of SeaQuest. Universal has a tendency to release a season and wait a long time for a follow up release. "Airwolf" came out a few years ago and the new season may come out next year. Meanwhile, I patiently wait for season 2 of SeaQuest. And, if the truth be told, I wouldn't mind season 3. What can I say, I am a compleatest.
Old October 19th, 2006, 03:24 PM   #13
bionicbob
Warrior

Superman/Smallville

I hope the remaining two seasons are released on DVD too. Though I have all the episodes on home made dvds, I would prefer to have the "official" versions.

I actually prefer Season 3 of Seaquest over the previous two.

Though in reality, each season of Seaquest was like an all new, completely different show in terms of direction and storytelling...

Season One -- "the science fact" season, while had lots of interesting ideas and good characters, the stories I often found either very slow or became very cliche by the final act.

Season Two -- "the Irwin Allen" season as I call it, while the show improved its pacing and the practically all new cast was very likeable, the stories became very silly for the most part (giant alligators anyone?). Again though, alot of interesting ideas were introduced but not followed through on.

Season Three -- "the military action" season is by far my favorite. I felt the producers were finally getting it together (considering each season had almost a completely new producing and writing staff). I loved Michael Ironside as the new take charge captain, I liked the continuing storylines and the development of the 2032 world.

If any show had the potential for an "re-imagining", SeaQuest would be a great canidate. If someone could combine the best elements of all three seasons, you could come up with some good, original, engaging television.

SeaQuest fans should check out the excellent fan fiction/graphics site :

http://atlantisdsv.newcapequest.com/

bionicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 09:21 PM   #14
Tibbetts
Warrior

I've been looking for the second season, so I'm not sure if they're ever going to release. I hope so. I'd love to own all three seasons.

-Tibbetts