Old August 13th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #1
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default What the nomen saw...

working on a "special edition" of Saga of a Starworld, and thought I'd share a test clip.

Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvyzObI4uX0

Also, just read your list LKJ... had thought about the Baltar leaving shot. Will see what we can do, as well as the other ideas.

Thanks,

Dave
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 04:23 PM   #2
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Just amazed at all of this.....
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 06:09 PM   #3
KJ
Strike Leader

Even a interstellar Colonial Holocaust can't break a Borellian Nomen's composure they're that supercool?

(or is that some jawdropping blue/green screen pasting a known scene into a different background effect )

David Kerin..........

Fantastic, and many thanks for listening to my ideas in these fan edit discussions of yours! i'm honored. The McQuarrie Basestar is also a nice touch, guess the Cylons pulled the older Baseships out of de-commission for the full assault and all too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davd Kerin
Also, just read your list LKJ... had thought about the Baltar leaving shot. Will see what we can do, as well as the other ideas.

Thanks but hey, its your fan edit if anything i want to see stuff even i didn't mention or come up with! Long as most people who gave out an idea for your fan edit, get to see it put in there, i'd think this fanbase's love of BG is whats most important at the end of the day.

Battlestar Galactica going all "Star Wars Special Edition" without Greedo shooting first ( ) and showing George Lucas how its really done is quite enjoyable from this fan's point of view.

KJ

P.S. More ideas?

* Is it possible we can see the Vipers with different stripes besides the usual red? Blue, Green and Yellow might be nice additions to add to the CGI vipers you've put in there etc.

* The video game clips and cutscenes of the dogfights between Vipers and Raiders from the Battlestar Galactica game could be added in as "hologram's" in and around the bridge areas, whenever the Colonials and Cylons are observing a heated pitched battle?! Also add in holograms of the bridge crew, tracking ship movements in space. I know some editing programs can bend and shrink an image to fit within a scene and make it transparent etc. (Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Express Pro and Pinnacle Studio 10?)

* Can we get to see the Cylon Raider's targeting mechanism during the dogfight battle's. We've seen Colonial Viper ones, so how's about ones for the Cylon Raider's? might make the death of Zac more interesting seeing the Cylon's target him knowing they aren't going to miss. Or seeing the more aggressive Cylons in your cut being coy and targeting Vipers, Civilian ships, Battlestars, planetary cities and such with deadly accuracy with their technology and centurions that can actually shoot straight!

* Colonial shipyards in space being obliterated? Make the attack by the Cylons to be far more ruthless, by having them take out any and all installations the Colonials had? Add in many more names of Battlestars if need be (Prometheus, Helios, Nemesis, Hera, Argo, Charon and Erebus are good Battlestar sounding names you could have on the Battlestar's "name plates" once again via digital editing?), and perhaps tie-in any future fan movies you might have by making one or two Battlestars escape?
Old August 13th, 2006, 06:18 PM   #4
KJ
Strike Leader

This is no doubt going to be your biggest movie to import over for Bit-Torrenting though David?

Wonder how big a file for an extended 2 and half hour BG pliot movie will be? If you add in several deleted scenes put back into the pilot plus David Kerin's added CGI and re-edits made to Saga Of A Starworld!

Doesn't matter, cos i'm sure all and i do mean, ALL original series Galactica fans are going to want to download your special edition of Galactica when its done, without a shadow of a doubt!!!

KJ

P.S. and you were right before, do not add anything from the re-imagined series. Can't see it fitting to the original series whatsoever here. Not even in this CGI/SFX re-edited special edition Battlestar Galactica series of yours!
Old August 13th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #5
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Yes that is some tricky masking of a shot of them from the shuttle waiting area in Man With Nine Lives. They are some pretty stoic fellows.

I'm glad to try any ideas people have. Can't promise they'll all get in, but it certainly helps my brainstorming.

Currently have edited in the following deleted scenes. 1: Card game scene with Jolly back hair and all. Not as bad as I thought it would be. 2: Different Adama/Athena discussion where Adama says he wants to pass command on. 3: Apollo confronting Adama about resignation.

One problem with the resignation plotline is that there is no resolution to Adama's decision to step down. Other than again facing the danger at Carrillon and again saving the Colonial's collective arses.

Tried working in the deleted Apollo/Boxey discussion in the Land Ram scene, but Boxey's acting was not that great in the scene, and the current is a re-working of it and pretty much says the same thing.

Will update as it progresses.

Dave
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 07:28 PM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

Don't forget to add in that extended shot of Zac's Viper heading towards the Galactica, with audio sound this time!

Some of the DVD stuff needs to be added back in as it looks too beautiful to be left out at all.

KJ
Old August 13th, 2006, 07:34 PM   #7
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

OMG!

The only thing I can say about this clip is "WOW!!!"

Kudos to you for taking on such a massive project and in such AWESOME fashion!

I wonder how many new stories we could create from editing old ones? Like true, new stories.
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 04:59 PM   #8
Aussie Warrior
Warrior

That was an excellent clip, now that is what i call a colony destroying force