Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old August 24th, 2004, 01:59 PM   #1
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Default New BSG card set due in 2005 ! Any Suggestions ?

Hi all,

To those who have noticed I have posted recently, I was away on a long holiday in the sun, which aside from a close run-in with a wildfire, was very enjoyable !

Some fans collected the BSG trading card set made by Rittenhouse Archives. The set was a success and sold out. As it was officially licensed from Universal, they will know that it sold out, and there is support for the BSG TOS amongst collectors - I think that's a good signal to send....

I have heard that the second trading card set is due 2005. If so, then it would be possible to discuss it now, pass on the suggestions and very possibly influence the set. This company is EXCELLENT at listening to fans....

I'll post some of my suggestions and hopefully a strong and solid BSG TOS product can be made.....
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2004, 02:02 PM   #2
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

The first card set included a nine foil card subset called 'Colonial Warriors'. The following characters where not included, so it may be nice to create a second Colonial Warriors subset :

Casseopia
Serina
Jolly
Boxey
Omega
Zac
Troy
Dillon
Jamie Hamilton

As the subsets mostly come in set of Nine, that would make a nice suggestion ?
Old August 24th, 2004, 02:04 PM   #3
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

Perhaps the 'bad guys' should also receive a special 9 card foil subset ? My suggestions for this would be :

Imperious Leader
Ovion
Lucifer
Spectre
Iblis
Cylon
Gold Cylon
Xavier
Ron Moore !!!!!!!! or perhaps Balter would be more appropriate ?
Old August 24th, 2004, 02:12 PM   #4
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

David Moss made the suggestion to me of a subset based upon the computer generated world of BSG seen in fanfilms...
Old August 24th, 2004, 02:14 PM   #5
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

I have been collecting together old photographs of the Universal Studios 'Battle of Galactica' ride. I didn't even know that it had existed until a little while ago !

Dpes anyone else have old photographs of this ride ?
Old August 24th, 2004, 02:25 PM   #6
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

I purchased the set from Rittenhouse for $19.99. It was the basic set which contained no extra cards. I am pleased with the quality of the work that went into it.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2004, 02:30 PM   #7
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

Kingfish,

It was a very good set, although after its release, people to looked closely had some comments such as a lack of Tigh cards. And 2 out of 3 of the 'Take the Celestra' cards were nearly the same.

But it was a much better set that the previous 'Dart' set, many of the cards in that made no sense !!!
Old August 24th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #8
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

The big question then is how much. I believe that the set should include more cards to deal with each episode. There weren't that many for Living legend which is one of the best episodes made during the shows first season.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2004, 02:47 PM   #9
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125
Hi all,

To those who have noticed I have posted recently, I was away on a long holiday in the sun, which aside from a close run-in with a wildfire, was very enjoyable !

Some fans collected the BSG trading card set made by Rittenhouse Archives. The set was a success and sold out. As it was officially licensed from Universal, they will know that it sold out, and there is support for the BSG TOS amongst collectors - I think that's a good signal to send....

I have heard that the second trading card set is due 2005. If so, then it would be possible to discuss it now, pass on the suggestions and very possibly influence the set. This company is EXCELLENT at listening to fans....

I'll post some of my suggestions and hopefully a strong and solid BSG TOS product can be made.....
Hi ernie, glad you enjoyed your holiday.

Thanks for posting about the card set selling out, it's great news for TOS fans and validates our reasoning that the original show can still make money.

For a second set I'd like to see behind the scenes shots of the filming, model shots, rare pre-production art (not the Ralph McQuarrie stuff), like Joe Johnston's heavy chain mail Cylon designs (no one's ever seen those).

For a subset your actor suggetsions are great, but I'd like an Annie Lockhart autograph card and a Barry Van Dyke one too.

Best,

Peter
Old August 24th, 2004, 03:33 PM   #10
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

The Anne Lockhart auto card is one of those I understand has been created, and will be included in this second set. Along with various others, I suggested a Barry Van Dyke one, but who knows !

I have to say that Galactica 1980 has been accepted very well alongside the TOS when it comes to cards. Far more than in any other way I have seen....
Old August 25th, 2004, 09:34 AM   #11
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

I got the Rittenhouse set and I also caved in and got the 1980 set. They are very nice cards. Can't wait for more!!!

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2004, 10:03 AM   #12
137th Gebirg
Warrior

Another card set, eh?

As long as it doesn't have the "SketchEFX" (or however it was spelled)-style cards. Despite the quality of the work (some of it exceptionally good, some exceptionally bad), I found it frustrating that there was absolutely no way of collecting all types of cards. There were too many differences from card to card, being drawn/painted directly on by the artists. As an obsessive-compulsive collector of all things BSG, I found this exceedingly irritating . Just my $.02
Old August 25th, 2004, 10:07 AM   #13
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Yeah, the SketchEFX cards were a bad idea, I haven't got any of them but I've got ALL the others even the promo ones.

Peter
Old August 25th, 2004, 10:16 AM   #14
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

Peter,

It's no surprise that you don't have all the Sketchafex cards, since there a hundreds of different designs by the 9 artists !

I have all but a couple of promos. The Costume Cards are an excellent way of owning a small piece of the show, although it means they must have chopped up something priceless :-(
Old August 25th, 2004, 10:37 AM   #15
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Ernie, maybe you could organise a fan poll of what cards they'd like to see and then report the results back to Rittenouse.

Regards,

Peter
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote