Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old July 10th, 2004, 06:54 PM   #1
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Alien contact. If...

Okay...IF you were abducted, or in any other fashion contacted by beings claiming to be alien to the Earth, and they provided you with something that convinced you they were telling the truth (ride in their Vip..uh, ship, alien technology, seeing them in their true form, whatever), would you tell people about it? Family? Friends? The press? Keep it secret? What?
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2004, 07:26 PM   #2
Archangel
Bad Email Address

I say this with all due respect...

ARE YOU NUTS!!!

Although I believe that there is life out there, I would rather live it than spend my time in a nice peaceful government-run facility with walls that are safe for bouncing off of and a cool jacket that allows you to scratch your sides.

That being said, I think I'll keep it secret.
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2004, 09:59 PM   #3
braxiss
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel
I say this with all due respect...

ARE YOU NUTS!!!

Although I believe that there is life out there, I would rather live it than spend my time in a nice peaceful government-run facility with walls that are safe for bouncing off of and a cool jacket that allows you to scratch your sides.

That being said, I think I'll keep it secret.

lol

i think that says it best
Old July 12th, 2004, 08:55 AM   #4
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

What makes you think it hasn't already happened... errrr... SECRET! I would keep it secret!

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2004, 09:26 AM   #5
repcisg
Bad Email Address

My little gray friends tell me the folks at SG1 have it all wrong!
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2004, 05:26 PM   #6
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senmut
Okay...IF you were abducted, or in any other fashion contacted by beings claiming to be alien to the Earth, and they provided you with something that convinced you they were telling the truth (ride in their Vip..uh, ship, alien technology, seeing them in their true form, whatever), would you tell people about it? Family? Friends? The press? Keep it secret? What?
Well it would depend....if my world was at stake i.e. if it were threatened because of them I would tell somehow, someway, publicly but possibly anonymously. But if I felt they were not a threat and that people from my planet would threaten their existence like in the movie ET I would protect the alien and not tell anyone. If it was simply a situation of abduction like we hear about I would probably talk to others who had claimed to have experienced the same thing. My family would not be open to anything like that so I wouldn’t bother telling them. My friends already accept that I'm a little different LOL! so they would probably be accepting of it, i.e. they would not commit me to a padded room.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2004, 07:24 PM   #7
amberstar
Strike Leader

I would only tell if I had hard evidence to prove my statement.........

If I didn't have any proof I'd just keep my big mouth shut
Old July 13th, 2004, 07:45 PM   #8
repcisg
Bad Email Address

If they proved friendly, I'd invite them over for Barberque.

If they wouldn't do that I'd ask if they know how to seperate a naked man from a leather chair without his loseing any vital components.
Old July 13th, 2004, 07:49 PM   #9
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Oy, now there's a visual I didn't need.
Old July 13th, 2004, 08:37 PM   #10
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by repcisg

If they wouldn't do that I'd ask if they know how to seperate a naked man from a leather chair without his loseing any vital components.
mmmmm maybe OWD has some ideas about that LOL!
Old July 14th, 2004, 09:08 AM   #11
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Just trying to be helpful
Old July 14th, 2004, 12:07 PM   #12
PlaidSquadron
Bad Email Address

Default It depends...

on what the aliens looked like.

If they were "bug-eyed monsters" doing unspeakable things to me, I don't think I would tell anyone.

Iff they looked like supermodels come to earth because there race is dying and they need me to help reproduce, I's shout it from the moutain tops. And then my padded cell....
PlaidSquadron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2004, 05:11 PM   #13
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaidSquadron
on what the aliens looked like.

If they were "bug-eyed monsters" doing unspeakable things to me, I don't think I would tell anyone.

Iff they looked like supermodels come to earth because there race is dying and they need me to help reproduce, I's shout it from the moutain tops. And then my padded cell....
Now why in God's name would you make option 2 public??? That would be the best one to keep quiet on.
Old July 15th, 2004, 01:03 PM   #14
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
SURRRRRRRRE I'd tell...........then I'd run like hell.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2004, 07:05 PM   #15
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel
Now why in God's name would you make option 2 public??? That would be the best one to keep quiet on.
LOL Archangel I was wondering about that too! But then I thought he probably would like to brag about it after all it's not every day a man is selected by a race looking like supermodels who see him as being the man to help them save their race through reproduction! Mind you Plaidsquadron doesn't specify whether these beings that look like supermodels are female or male? LOL!
Old July 15th, 2004, 08:26 PM   #16
Archangel
Bad Email Address

errr, Good point.
Old July 15th, 2004, 09:15 PM   #17
Rowan
On Vacation...

It would be more difficult if a woman were the one contacted to assist with the propagation thing after all how would you explain the pregnancy and the a how should I say it? Progeny? That is if they allowed you to stay on earth...they would probably take the women away. mmmm don't know if I like that idea much unless of course they are gorgeous men and very sweet.
Old July 16th, 2004, 11:16 AM   #18
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
It would be more difficult if a woman were the one contacted to assist with the propagation thing after all how would you explain the pregnancy and the a how should I say it? Progeny? That is if they allowed you to stay on earth...they would probably take the women away. mmmm don't know it I like that idea much unless of course they are gorgeous men and very sweet.
I have to agree with Rowan here.
Old July 16th, 2004, 02:19 PM   #19
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Remember "A Boy and His Dog" when they had Don Johnson strapped to the milking machine?

Also, one of the Simpsons Halloween specials had a bit with Marge being impregnated by Kang. The alien zapped her with a ray; "Is that it?" "Yes." "Well that didn't take very long."
"Are you implying something?"
Old July 16th, 2004, 03:21 PM   #20
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Marley
Remember "A Boy and His Dog" when they had Don Johnson strapped to the milking machine?

Also, one of the Simpsons Halloween specials had a bit with Marge being impregnated by Kang. The alien zapped her with a ray; "Is that it?" "Yes." "Well that didn't take very long."
"Are you implying something?"
LOL I remember those! :laugh:
Old July 17th, 2004, 07:47 PM   #21
Senmut
Strike Leader

Quote:
It would be more difficult if a woman were the one contacted to assist with the propagation thing after all how would you explain the pregnancy and the a how should I say it? Progeny? That is if they allowed you to stay on earth...they would probably take the women away. mmmm don't know it I like that idea much unless of course they are gorgeous men and very sweet.

Sexist!
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2004, 07:54 PM   #22
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Sexist!
How so?
I'm simply looking at the other side of what PlaidSquadron said:
Quote:
If they looked like supermodels come to earth because their race is dying and they need me to help reproduce, I'd shout it from the moutain tops.
Old July 23rd, 2004, 02:52 PM   #23
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
How so?
I'm simply looking at the other side of what PlaidSquadron said: