Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old July 5th, 2004, 09:14 AM   #1
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Default Aaadd

Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. This is how it manifests:

I decide to wash my car. As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the hall table.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the trash can under the table, and notice that the trash can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking. I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the coke a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered. I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2004, 12:59 PM   #2
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Hun... I was born "there"

That was pretty funny. And quite scary! Cause its soooo true!

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2004, 01:12 PM   #3
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

That was pretty funny! But, oh so true...... I think most of my weekends go like that! I often start one task, notice something else around the house that needs doing in the process. I move around an awful lot, but never manage to get any one thing done - unless I am doggedly focused on one task in exclusion of all else until it is completed. I went out front to mow the lawn yesterday morning. which takes all of 25-30 minutes at most - at least that was how it started out... Next thing I knew, it was 2-1/2 hours later and I had done so many other little projects in the yard, I was more than a bit knackered when I finished!

It could be a bit scary, but when you find that other people are distracted by the same things, it is a bit more bearable!

Bryan
________
LovelyWendie99
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2004, 02:17 PM   #4
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

For my response, check the 1st quote in FG's signature.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:56 AM   #5
bsg1fan1975
Major

sounds like a normal weekend at my place!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2004, 06:08 PM   #6
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo Girl
Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. This is how it manifests:

I decide to wash my car. As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the hall table.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the trash can under the table, and notice that the trash can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking. I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the coke a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered. I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!
UHHHMMMMMMMM I had days like this ........THat's why I write
everything down that I have to do for the day and just go by the
list In other words ........been there done that
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2004, 02:30 PM   #7
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I know my limitations, so when I want to remember something, I write myself a note.
My f-mom used to tease me about it, then I said, "Yeah, but when I write myself a note, I don't forget, do I?" She never teased me after that.

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2004, 08:38 PM   #8
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

I have that Attention Surplus Syndrome, know commonly as A.S.S.
Old July 12th, 2004, 12:53 PM   #9
bsg1fan1975
Major

ditto on the been there, done that. that's me when I get involved in my crafts, i set down my scissors and forget where I put them and go off looking for them and find something else that needs to be done!

Old July 12th, 2004, 12:59 PM   #10
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975
ditto on the been there, done that. that's me when I get involved in my crafts, i set down my scissors and forget where I put them and go off looking for them and find something else that needs to be done!
I've done THAt too .........only with a Difference.

I designed a necklace to keep my scissors where I could always
find them when working on my knitting or other crafts. One day
I searched for two hours to no avail trying to find my scissors.

Did I 'mention' I had them around my neck the whole time
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2004, 03:16 AM   #11
bsg1fan1975
Major

lol most of the time my scissors are either under the book or staring me right in my face!