Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 10th, 2004, 03:22 AM   #1
Lusitan

Heart Why do i need CF?

Simple. I need a place where i can talk about Galactica with fans of Galactica.
Not just fans of TOS, G80 or G2k3. Specialy those that liked G2k3.
I've been part of this fandom for 4 or 5 years now (can't remember) and i was becoming less active because i was getting tires of the same wars betwen the fans.
If i want do talk to TOS fans, i can go to CA and i'll find alot of them there, but where could i find fans of G2k3? The only ones resisting are HubcapDave and Larocque. Dennis's forum is almost deserted and i never joined MB because of some mods i don't trust. Larocque's recent problem is nothing new, i've seen it before, but it proved once again my decision on avoiding MB.
I believe CF could be the place for all fans of BSG, i just think you guys must be harder on those trying to start wars.
I liked TOS, i didn't liked G80, and i didn't found G3k2 very intresting. But i respect all of them. All had good points and bad points. I don't have a problem when someone say he didn't like this or that in TOS, as i don't have a problem saying i did enjoy the scene where the Galactica started firing all her guns in G2k3.
I want to discuss what could be improved in G2k3, The possibilities of a continuation in a movie, etc, with all Galactica fans.
Colonial Fleets is one of the best forums in the net, it should be the main place for ALL fans of Galactica.

And i'm changing my avatar also.

To all, with love. - Lusitan
Old February 10th, 2004, 05:29 AM   #2
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Lusitan. Were working on making sure the wars are behind us.

Don
Old February 10th, 2004, 05:57 AM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Lusitan! So many of us are so happy CF is back. Don and Tom have been wonderful. I think BSG fans of all walks have a bright future ahead, if things go the way they sound (I hope so!)...

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2004, 08:46 PM   #4
braxiss
Major

i'm really glad i wasn't here for "the wars" it sounds like it was pretty brutal.

all i can say is i enjoy cf and hope that all the problems are in the past

thanks to everyone that help keep cf up and running
Old February 24th, 2004, 09:13 PM   #5
larocque6689
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitan
If i want do talk to TOS fans, i can go to CA and i'll find alot of them there, but where could i find fans of G2k3? The only ones resisting are HubcapDave and Larocque.
My two favorite Universal executives after the moderators of Moist Board!

Quote:
Dennis's forum is almost deserted and i never joined MB because of some mods i don't trust.
Dennis runs a great place but runs a distant third in G2K4 traffic after CF and MB. I should really post there more.

I'm really happy CF is back in business and would like to thank Don and the gang for giving this place another shot at glory.
Old February 24th, 2004, 09:55 PM   #6
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Thanks everyone!

Me and Don are happy to give you something that makes your lives happier. One of the worries we had when we shut it down was that the fanbase was too locked in bitterness and the forums only served to provide a place to heat up the anger. But we are glad to see everyone having fun again. And we are happy to provide a place for people to have fun. And it makes us happy too.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2004, 10:56 PM   #7
Rowan
On Vacation...

I was not a member during "the war" either but have certainly read enough to get an idea. I spent a lot of time looking at various places and finally chose here. I was in desperate need of some laughter as the strain of studying was wearing me down, and have held a passion for BSG since it first aired, but never had a single soul to share it with. Here I get to share memories about TOS, explore meanings and storylines of the mini, be silly and play tag or 2 word story, offer a shoulder, a hug or listen to those who need it. celebarate successes, offer cheer, tease a little in other words In a remarkably short time I have come to feel like I found a family out there... (whom I've never met and half the time don't even know if they are male or female )

I'd like to add that despite everything I read both positive and negative (and I did read a lot of that over the last few months) What shone through for me was the profound love, loyalty and passion for Battlestar Gallactica shared by all fans.
I have sincere respect and admiration for those of you who argued with each other and came out the other side of this, "united we stand devided we fall". We are all human, filled with imperfections, forgive yourselves remember achieving good communication skills takes a lifetime of practice and is especially challenging when you can't read each others body language. Life is about learning and growing remember that "good judgement comes from experience [but] experience comes from bad judgement. Hats off for your courage, stamina, devotion and determination and remeber "never let the bastards get you down!"
Now in celebration of new beginings and fresh starts I have a poem for my soul mates

The Land of Beginning Again (aka CF)
I wish that there were some wonderful place
called the Land of Beginning Again,
Wher all our mistakes and all our heartaches
and all of our poor selfish grief
Could be dropped like a shabby old coat at the door,
and never be put on again

I wish we could come on it all unaware,
like the hunter who finds a lost trail;
And i wish that the one whom our blindness had done
The greates injustice of all
Could be at the gates like an old friend that waits
For the comrade he's gladdest to hail.

We should find all the things we intended to do
But forgot, and remembered too late,
Little duties neglected that might have perfected
the day for one less fortunate.

It wouldn't be possible not to be kind
In the Land of Beginning Again;
And the ones we misjudged and the ones who we grudged
Their moments of victory here
Would find in the grasp of our loving handclasp
More than penitent lips could explain

For what had been hardest we'd know had been best,
And what had seemed loss would be gain;
For there isn't a sting that will not take wing
when we've faced it and laughed it away;
And I think that the laughter is most whet we're after
In the Land of Beginning Again

So I wish that there were some wonderful place
Called the Land of Beginnin Again,
Where all our mistakes and all our heartaches
And all of our poor selfish grief
Could be dropped like a shabby old coat at the door,
And never be put on again. (Louisa Fletche)

And a very special thank you to the owner of CF for paying our way. You will never know how much I appreciate it.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2004, 11:57 AM   #8
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Good words and great poem Gaelen!
And I too can hardly find the words to thank Don and Tom for CF

Old February 26th, 2004, 05:22 PM   #9
JLHurley
Warrior

I'm EXTREMELY grateful for CF and its message boards, too. I feel a lot more comfortable here than at another site that I often visit but won't name. I appreciate their news section (that seems to focus solely on Moore's series) but the message board seems packed with what I consider to be rude, closed minded posters. We all have our different opinions and preferences, but we should all also be mature enough to respect one another. Nothing positive comes out of put-downs, snide remarks, insults, etc.

CF is by and large a safe haven for fans of every version of BG--and it's appreciated!
Old February 26th, 2004, 06:27 PM   #10
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Oops! And I would be awfully remiss if I did not thank WARRIOR the LONE WOLF for his inspiration, kindness and effort as well!!!