Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old November 7th, 2003, 07:15 PM   #1
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default New Ron Moore Interview

Check under interviews at http://www.cylon.org/bsg2003/remake-2003-01.html .

Two-Brain
Old November 7th, 2003, 07:39 PM   #2
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

looks like galactica2003.net company ripped off your interview as if it was their work. No credit to you.

That sucks.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2003, 07:50 PM   #3
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Yeah, pretty twisted event with this one.

Ted copied the interview, sent it to his friend Michael Hinman, who then published it on his web site. Ted then references that article as the interview, curcumventing any reference to The Cylon Alliance.

Two-Brain
Old November 7th, 2003, 08:08 PM   #4
jjrakman

Two Brained, would there be a copyright issue here?
Old November 7th, 2003, 08:13 PM   #5
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

I don't know about the legal aspects to be honest.

I just find it ironic that a short time ago Michael Hinman was tring to convince me that if we didn't want him stealing things from CA, we shouldn't do anything that people would find interesting. (That's one of his quotes on CA).

I'm amazed that there are people with such a total lack of morality out there.

Two-Brain
Old November 7th, 2003, 09:25 PM   #6
BSG_Sci_FiPulse
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
SciFiPulse.net

Yeah,

Ted has done the same with the Michael Rymer piece. I posted that earlier this week at my site and all the boards. Mike posted it at Sy Fy Portal and refered it to the source, me, and Ted has copied it over at his site and sourced it to Mike at SyFyPortal. However he has sourced the Helfer interview to me, which is at least something. But fact is if you are going to source anyone, you quote the exact source. Forinstance if I nick the Desanto thing that Peter posted here, I would include a link to the fleets and thank Peter within the text. It is a matter of ethics and a proffessional curtasy.

BTW Cylon I will be running a bit on your RH piece first chance I get, and guess what I will source to Cylon Aliance because thats where am getting my info.

Yes I know it is a shameless plug but I am the one that has to live with it.
BSG_Sci_FiPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2003, 06:23 PM   #7
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I agree with everything that's been said here.
I think that the people involved with the remake
have a complete lack of morals.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2003, 09:20 AM   #8
goldcenturian
Shuttle Pilot

Default Oh I love Ron's quote:

"...the BG universe and its premise are pretty flexible and will allow me a great deal of freedom." Ron's discussing the possibility of future eps of a series here. I find it amusing that he sees freedom there when he's already expressed his "freedom" by totally deconstructing and destroying BG only to redesign everything into his image. He defends his vision as truer to the original concept than the original show. How ridiculous! How egotistical! How sad! I wonder if he based the new sex crazed, narcissistic Baltar on himself? Reinvention of science fiction visual genre relying heavily on reality.
In my opinion, Science Fiction needs only small doses of "reality." Or at least our "reality." Chicken pies, steel, nuclear weapons, cancer, those are our reality. Unless you're setting your show on Earth inthe early twenty-first century why incorporate them inot your story?
For example, Gritty documentary style camera work should be done only on gritty documentaries. Done on a tv series or movie, it lacks professionalism I don't care who the director, writer is. Even Steven Spielberg almost lost me on Saving Private Ryan. I understand why he did those scenes the way he did, but that did not help my stomach nor my equilibrium nor my attention span. Farscape tended to use the floaty will-o-the-wisp style and tilted camera angles that immediately caused me to change the channel. That was one problem that I had with that great show. I would have put my tv on a waterbed if I felt the need to see the picture moving all of the time! It's not a clever device to ignite that inspirational "wow" effect on me. It's a distraction! STOP IT!
Hopefully, Ron's "freedom" will tank and the reinvention of the space opera will revert to people who understand how it's supposed to be done and therefore understand how to make any changes to it.
Carolyn
goldcenturian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2003, 03:38 PM   #9
Bijou88

What I found the most offensive in the interview was Moore's assertion that If the mini is successful, producers may be more willing to pay for a continuation in the future. I feel he is feeling flop-sweat and will say anything to get people to watch his mess this December. This cynical ploy made me sick to my stomach.
Old November 11th, 2003, 02:33 AM   #10
SeoulWind

They tried that line at skiffy before when they were thinking about a prequel - there were even polls and petitions on it as I recall. "Support the prequel and the continuation has a chance, otherwise it's never going to happen" was more or less the line and I'm certain they used the numbers to back the real project, the re-invention, instead. I agree - I'd say it's a pretty sad and obvious ploy to try to get the fan base to watch Moore's impending flop by raising false hopes.

Fortunately for us, we don't have to rely on Moore or skiffy or even Universal to get what we've all been yearning for and that feels very, very good!

Mark Snyder
Seoul, Korea
Old November 11th, 2003, 11:14 AM   #11
larocque6689
Warrior

At the risk of re-opening old wounds, I consider any and all discussion of "prequels" and "sidestorys" discussed at the Sciffy forum last year as a sham. I investigated the infamous TrekLord poll and the only thing I can conclude is that it had nothing in any way shape or form to do with the outcome of the RDM production. People on both sides of the miniseries aisle - from Scooter and Michael down to Milton's gang of thugs (the liars who started the poll) - were promoting it as a vehicle to get Bonnie Hammer to force RDM to change the script.

http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/brows.../5/3315/317941

I came across one post from Shawn O'Donnell which summarizes what continuation supporters were being asked.

Quote:
I have stated my firm belief that this recent poll was and is a complete sham and a very obvious ploy to deceive and manipulate the fans. I think everyone should realize that the hint of doing a continuation of the show with the original cast is the worst of lies, TPTB would never do that. It is simply a carrot offered to you in order for you to support option a or b...and lend legitimacy to this farce... Folks...please take a look at the logic of the situation, option a and b are in reality the same thing...both would feature absolutely different characters and concepts from the original and only bear the signficance of having the same name. That's where any similarity would end. It's like comparing a potato to a potato. There is no difference between a bad idea and another bad idea. How and what way would either lead to the possibility of a continuation?
To me, the TrekLord prequel poll, along with the smear/setup against James "LordStarfyre" over Baby Bamber - are the two most offensive things that stick out for me from Apothis. In addition to that, the publishing of IP addresses and posing as FBI agents is proof that the he should be permanently removed from fandom. The sooner that motherfracker is gone the better.
Old November 11th, 2003, 08:19 PM   #12
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Yes Bijou I was offended by that as well.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2003, 06:47 AM   #13
Trevor Angelus
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by shiningstar
I agree with everything that's been said here.
I think that the people involved with the remake
have a complete lack of morals.
AMEN MY FRIEND! :colwar: