Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 21st, 2003, 08:37 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Default Wow, Even New Twilight Zone Airs Original Cast

I mean wow. This last Wednesday yet another channel (UPN I believe) honored we the fans by airing a /continuation/ of a classic Twilight Zone episode, the one in which a little boy/monster terrorizes a small town in Ohio by sending those with unhappy thoughts to the cornfield.

Not only was Billy Mumy in it, reprising his role; not only was Cloris Leachman in it, reprising her role, but if I'm not mistaken the mischievous spawn little girl is part of the family too -- Lilliana Mumy.

"V" sees it. Twilight Zone sees it. Why doesn't Uni/Sci-Fi see it? If network television realizes original cast is key to garnering an audience, shouldn't cable?

Doesn't it sometimes feel like we're being wished into the cornfield for our love and devotion thoughts of the original show?

Hoping, sincerely hoping to see the cast we love once again.

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2003, 11:47 PM   #2
Thomas P

Council of Elders
TOS Gladiator Manager

Yep, TZ was a 'throw-back' night, the two episodes were a sequel and then a redo of an actual script. Yes, little Billy has a little girl .

Unfortunately the 'It's a Good Life' episode was all too predictable, no surprises, no tension and crappy acting by all. I wanted to wish them all to the corn field! How do these writers get jobs!? In the first 7 minutes we learn that little hellion has powers - better than daddy - and she has all this anger towards him because he makes her life hard. Everyone finds out and can't wait to see her turn on her father - so of course she won't. As soon as the watch was restored I knew what would happen, geez!

I did not even bother with the remake of 'The Monsters are due on Maple Street' as the commercials practically showed everything. It was too much like the original and was probably a good episode for those who have never seen or do not recall the original (it was a first season story).

What I don't get is why they don't just go to Richard Matheson, who wrote more than a dozen TZ stories, and use his material. He was / is still a great writer and some of his stuff is as scary as ole Steven King.

TZ just aint gonna last - the Bill Mumy idea was quaint but the bulk of the series has been weak. I've tried to watch it and tune out after 10 to 15 minutes.

"That Which Does Not Kill Me Postpones The Inevitable"
Thomas P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2003, 03:29 PM   #3
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I liked the stories they had the last time they redid TZ, and most of the ones I've seen in this one are pretty good. I really wish i'd seen the Billy Mummy one, good or not.

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote