Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 21st, 2003, 06:01 AM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default For UK fans: Richard Hatch in film on BBC1!

THE GHOST (2000): Michael Madsen stars in the premiere of this high-kicking martial arts adventure about a beautiful but deadly female assassin who is forced to flee to America from her native China when a gangland boss orders her death. Good support comes from Chung Lai, Brad Dourif and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa. (BBC1, BBC1 NORTHERN IRELAND, BBC1 SCOTLAND, 12.40am BBC1 WALES, 1.10am).

From imdb.com:

Ghost, The (2000)
_
Douglas Jackson (I)

Writing credits
Dave Tedder

Plot Outline: A feared Chinese Tong soldier goes undercover in America as an Asian Internet bride.
User Comments: I knew I should have gone for Once Upon A Time In China II (more)
User Rating: 4.5/10 (41 votes)

Credited cast:
Michael Madsen .... Dan Olinghouse
Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa .... Chang
Chung Lai .... Jing
Richard Hatch (I) .... Edward
Brad Dourif .... Lt. Garland
Louis Herthum .... Browner
Brad Hunt (I) .... Sink
Jack Skeets Gleeson .... Smoking Man
Jeanne Chinn .... Chang's girlfriend

Also Known As:
Code of the Dragon (2001) (USA: cable TV title)
User Comments:

John Firth
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Date: 6 February 2002

Summary: I knew I should have gone for Once Upon A Time In China II

Dear, oh dear.
Quite an awful film. Michael Madsen and Brad Dourif have trouble keeping straight faces at the preposterous lines, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa resurrects his role from Showdown in Little Tokyo, Richard Hatch from Battlestar Galactica makes a fool of himself, and lots of the fights look stunt-doubled.
On the other hand, Madsen's two assistants make an entertaining double act, and the guy in the wheelchair kicked some ass, despite not having any legs. Nice!
I really should have known better than to rent this, but the cast looked good. Ah well, better luck next time.

I think I'll still watch it!

Peter
Old January 28th, 2003, 01:27 PM   #2
nextceo
Bad Email Address

Default Ahem....

Hello, just 'de-lurking' to let you know of this bit of info....

Over at the BBC's website - www.bbc.co.uk - the schedules for Friday 31 January are carrying the info for 'The Ghost' -

>Sat 1 Feb, 12:40 am - 2:00 am 80mins

A feared Chinese assassin known as The Ghost goes undercover in America, and a vicious game of cat and mouse ensues as a Hong Kong crime lords attempts to hunt down his prey. [2000]

Dan Olinghouse ...... Michael Madsen
Lt Garland ...... Brad Dourif
Jing ...... Chung Laie
Edward ...... David Hatch
Chang ...... Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa<

tee hee.... who can he be?

(A bit like Universal-Playback crediting a role in the original 'Battlestar Galactica' movie to a 'Richard Waila' on a re-release VHS .... but, nobody's perfect!)

Ian_W359
nextceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2003, 06:00 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi my UK friends,

Just popping by to say this film is worth watching. I saw it under a different name a few months back (shoot, I forget the other name). Richard shows he is in really good shape and does a nice job of acting as well.

Thanks for postng about The Ghost

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2003, 10:45 PM   #4
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

I have friends who worked on this production, so please do let us know what you thought, pro or con. I won't hold it against anyone. (Seriously!)

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2003, 03:09 PM   #5
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

I watched this film this afternoon. Then I was totally unaware of the days events, but I enjoyed the film, it's not the greatest film in the world but it wasn't a waste of my time.

Some of the camerawork was slightly out of focus and the female lead was a bit wooden. She had a really deep voice as well.

A lot of women got shot which was a bit distateful, maybe the scripwriter was going through a bad time in a relationship, I don't know.

What of Richard, he was billed third (yay!) and along with Brad Dourif was the best actor in it. Ladies, he's still in really good shape and still has the Apollo haircut!

But why his character would need an internet bride from a foreign country is beyond me!

Noble rating: 2 and a half out of 5.

Peter
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote