Old November 15th, 2008, 09:13 PM   #1
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Admin
BattlestarGalacticaClub.com

Default Star Trek Trailer Leaks Out

12:00 AM, 15-NOVEMBER-08

Star Trek Trailer Leaks Out

The second official trailer for J.J. Abrams' Star Trek hit theaters on Nov. 14 attached to Quantum of Solace, and, predictably, bootleg videos have begun popping up all over the place. Below is one of the clearer ones.

The trailer goes online at the official Star Trek site on Nov. 17 at 10 a.m. PT. Star Trek opens May 8, 2009.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=3&id=62191
StarshipTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 05:04 PM   #2
Bijou88

Default Re: Star Trek Trailer Leaks Out

I don't know. I saw it before Quantum of Solice. ( Bond as we knew him is dead.) The trailer looks action packed. However, I am really leery of reboots. Being a life-long fan of TOS, I fear that it wll be too painful for me to watch it. J.J. Adams has said this is a trek movie for people who don't like trek movies. There has been lots of statements in the press like,"this isn't your father's Star Trek." So it is clear this isn't a production that is directed towards me or other people in my age group (to be exact, 42). I've fallen off the demographic conveyor belt.
I can't dump on the movie since it won't come out until May of 2009. It might be great. However, I don't know if I will be there to see it in the theaters. By design, It's not aimed to please me. BTY, I think the "new" Enterprise looks like crap.
Old November 17th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #3
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Saw part of the trailer.
Personally, I'm not interested in seeing the movie. I don't like remakes.
I'm a big fan of the TOS series.
I watched an episode of it the other day and it's stood the test of time. My favourite episode "The Trouble with Tribbles"
Who else but Leonard Nimoy could be Mr. Spock?

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 10:49 AM   #4
gmd3d
Major

The new enterprise is crap .. seen it and hate the design ,, its been smashed by 99% of the 3d related sites I hang out .. I will be giving this movie a big mis .. if there was
Teletubbies movie's on I see that instead

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:08 AM   #5
WarMachine
Warrior

Once again, Paramount has struck out. I think they must have Skiffy's propaganda on "a certain show", to wit, that it is somehow okay and something the fans will love, when you take an iconic show and turn it inside out.

The only thing that will save this movie is if they reveal it to be the start of the "Mirror, Mirror Universe" arc.

Looks like New Voyages and Starship Exeter may just be the last, best hope for Trek fans....
Old November 24th, 2008, 06:36 PM   #6
J. Mijares
Shuttle Pilot

I'm wary of reboots too... I may have to see it just to see it though, having been a longtime fan of TOS.

Regarding the new Enterprise, I know J J Abrams wanted it to look like a blend of the TOS and Movie Enterprise, but this one is just weird-looking. It would have been better to have preserved the general design of the ship without making it a blend of two things that we've already seen before.

Still, perhaps J J Abrams can pull it off? He brought a decent story to MI3, and still had some decent action scenes as well.
J. Mijares is offline   Reply With Quote