Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old May 18th, 2003, 03:19 PM   #1
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Disabling The Defenses

I watched a trailer for T-3 The Rise of The machines and almost fell over when I heard a computerized voice state, "All systems have been infected." In Moore's version the Cylons via Gieus render the Colonial Fleet helpless via computer virus. How original Ron. The whole thought of pulling the plug on the colonials was probably to save money and not show a MASSIVE space battle like in Saga.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 03:48 PM   #2
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Apparently, Moore's imagination leaves a lot to be desired. His new approach is nothing but a rip-off/knock-off from other shows. How can this re-imagining be "cutting-edge", "original", and "realsitic" if his ideas are nothing more than a little from this show, a little from that show, slap it all together and whaddya have? (A pile of daggit ****, that's what!)
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 03:53 PM   #3
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

It is becoming increasingly obvious that not one plot, character or structural element in this production is original, let alone in keeping with
the original in any way.

Excerpt from the Ron Moore Guide to Remaking for Fun and Profit course:

First, pick a popular legacy show with a cult following at random to garner interest and rope in a fanbase. Then, pull out the "Remakes The EZ Way" book and turn to chapter one, "Scripting by the numbers". Using the handy tables, select one proven story arc, twelve guaranteed hooks, and a random number of well-recieved (genericized) cliches. Assemble in order, the use the handy "charachterizer" wizard to substitute names and places.

Viola! A Moore-stepiece! For guaranteed success, also refer to other helpful guides by the same author, including "Publicity: How To Turn One Voice into a Thousand", "How To Lose Friends and Alieanate Fans", and the ever popular "Smokescreens For Fun and Profit: How to bamboozle networks and investors long enough to pay off the condo in Maui".

(The preceeding is not a paid endorsement. This writer is not being compensated by Ron More, Remakes'R'Us, or it's employees, affiliates, hangers-on, associates, and amirers.*)

*Ted.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2003, 04:00 PM   #4
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Micheleh,

Your diplomatic talents are, as usual, stellar! (Cut right to the bone, didn't you?) I loved it!

I bestow, upon you, my Four-Toothy-Grin seal of approval!!

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2003, 11:17 PM   #5
Senmut
Strike Leader

Which proves my point...RDM steals other people's stuff, to keep himself employed. Period.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote