Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 30th, 2003, 10:34 AM   #1
KJ
Strike Leader

Cool X-men 2 Thursday May 1st!

Although many places will be getting the mutant sequel May 2nd, tomorrow sees the film open up here in the old U.K. (Well at least in the London West End that is)

Alot of you BG fan have high hopes for the DeSanto produced X-men 2 sequel so i'm gonna see for myself how it is by going Thursday afternoon to see it.

Then the next two weeks waiting for the mouth watering first Matrix sequel as well

Guess the CF Bboards will be busy this weekend talking about the film and what we liked and disliked about it huh.

Whether DeSanto's pulling power will increase and give him leverage in future projects is now a sure thing being X-2 will hit it big. But what makes the BG fanbase fan, so sure he will use it to effect the remake being done by Universal's lazy ass schmoe's. Hasn't DeSanto moved on to other projects since X-men 2 yet?

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2003, 01:21 PM   #2
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Hey?

Anyone know by the way, what Tom DeSanto doing next? Bryan Singer's according to DarkHorizons is doing the "Bill Bixby biopic" rumored only of course!

I know Ron Moore maybe doing a shift at Burgerking after Carnivale? Maybe Bonnie Hammer also got a gig at Wendy's!

KJ
Old April 30th, 2003, 03:21 PM   #3
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

X-Men will be a hit. I saw the promo on HBO. I believe they were going to get the actor who plays Magneto as Adama in the DeSanto version of BG.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2003, 03:34 PM   #4
KJ
Strike Leader

WHAT Ian McKellen? no way was he the new Adama? come on him? Gandalf hasn't done TV in years what makes you think he would do a pilot.

He is a movie actor even if it was true, he wouldn't do a series no way!!! pilot maybe but not a series.

Heh i'm seeing X-Men 2 in 12 hours and counting? and the first movie on DVD in half an hour to catch up on the hold saga? (i' do the same when Matrix Reloaded blows around)

later buddy

KJ
Old April 30th, 2003, 08:06 PM   #5
LucianG
Warrior

McKellen was being considered as Adama for DeSanto's production before it was ever so rudely shelved by Ms. Hammer and Company. The discussion at the time was that he would be terminally ill or something similar and would die at the end of the mini-series so he would not be in an on-going series.

"Tilting at the SciFi windmill"
LucianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 05:17 PM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

Default X-men 2 in da house!!!

Here is the shiznit happenings!

X-Men 2

Wow what an ending! who would have thought, that the X-men would.... nah i won't spoil it for you fellow fans!

Spoiler free KJ unbias X-men 2 review

Seriously though, much better than the first movie! Unlike the first uneven film which was too short, this one has the advantage of being funnier, more draw out, more action packed film than the last one. Strong connections to the first film are made barring the fact some characters are played by different actors (Pyro and Kitty) continuing on from the previous X-Men adventure, enough references throughout were made to the last film and the comics, basically everyone who laughed got it others just enjoyed the film.

Bryan Singer, Tom DeSanto, Avi Arad along with Mr & Mrs Donner (producers) made X-2 better. Lady Deathstrike Vs Wolverine was the only thing i thought wasn't as great as people bragged on about? but thats my opinion, there is plenty of things that were on a huge scale to match or top the battles seen. The ongoing Nightcrawler intro gag was side splitting funny, as was the character himself. Mystique was my favorite and does alot more covert stuff that she did in the first film. Personally i rank her and Magneto as the best double act combo due to her fighting skills and his powers which he manipulates to incredible degree thus making them top villains and uneasy partners to tag along with.

Bryan Singer's direction is incredible, everyone's wishes of X-2 making it big are confirmed today (here in the London's West End. at least) had he done Tom DeSanto's script, no doubt he would have done something incredible too. The film introduction is great, very similar to Superman 2's invasion of the White House by the three villains although with a different story behind it (Richard Donner and wife are just two of the producers of X-men 2) Everyones gonna wish some characters were used more but with a longer running time here are too many characters to play around with, Singer had his work cut out for himself on this picture.

Much better due to longer running time, regardless of Men in Black director Barry Sonnenfeld saying a movie only works best in a 90 mins style frame. All Superhero pics should be 2 hours or more to cram all of the story, romance, adventures, action, etc. A great day out, very enjoyable, if your a comics fan you'll ask about the hold Mystique/Nightcrawler mother and son thing from the comics. Sorry folks but this adaptation doesn't cover than fact? but watch the film for sly nods to comic book trivia (not as much as Daredevil had, but enough for comic geeks to talk about)

The Good

- Opening scenes

- Mansion Invasion

- Magneto's escape (come on, thats not a spoiler and you know it!)

- Most scenes with Mystique (hey singer made her better than the comic book version FACT)

- Pyro character behavior!

- Wolverine Vs Lady Deathstrike (not my personal favorite but someone will bring it up as their farvorite so here it is)

- Jean Grey (just watch her you'll know)

- Nightcrawler (nuff said)

- William Stryker (great human villain)

- White House invasion

I'll list the bad when enough of you have seen it this weekend so we can all discuss it on the Non-Galactica forum!

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 05:58 PM   #7
KJ
Strike Leader

Default P.S.

Now that i've seen X-2.

My wish for X-3 is Bring on the JUGGERNAUT ! Hey if they can do a CGI Hulk, then Professor Xaviar's mutant hating half brother should be along for the next adventure soon? with Dark Phoenix in tow!

Other contenders are:

Proteus

Sentinal Robots

Silver Samurai

KJ