Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old August 5th, 2008, 09:53 AM   #1
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Default Re: Galactica continuation movie Questionnaire.

I still think there is a chance for a movie. Glen Larson has got the movie rights to BSG.
I'm hopeful that there will be one.

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #2
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

Me to.
I remember a time when I would check the sites every day for news but I now realize I put to much faith in the suites having some smarts. Turns out they still don't have much of a clue.

Maybe someday.
OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:53 PM   #3
JSC1
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by monolith21 View Post

I think Tom DeSanto is the best bet. He's the only one showing active interest, and the only one who has demonstrated that he has the will to stick with it. I cannot see a possible way around that being the best option.

And he still maintains his interest if his ComicCon 2008 appearance is any indication. It has shown he hasn't given up.

His idea would need to be tweaked as some things probably wouldn't work anymore.
One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.-William Hartnell, Doctor Who-The Dalek Invasion of Earth
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #4
KJ
Strike Leader

Yeah, but who besides DeSanto is a great film producer and also loves classic BSG and would produce the hell out a continuation movie, but hasn't spoken up yet?

Thats the REAL question, Tom DeSanto out of 250 million Americans and out of plenty hollywood producers isn't alone or the only one out there who would do a BG continuation some needed justice and service, is he.

KJ
Old October 8th, 2008, 08:13 AM   #5
JSC1
Warrior

There are still some continuation possibilities. J.J. Abrams' approach to Star Trek is an example. Not in it being a prequel, but recasting the familiar roles with new actors and having one original actor to bridge the gap. A'la time travel.

A continuation could be done with the original cast recast, and have one original cast member go back via the Ship of Lights. The theme would probably be a 'Turn Left' approach compared to when the originals turned right so to speak.

Some probably would not have considered this approach then due to Richard Hatch's efforts. But now, the idea doesn't seem so bad.

As Spock once said 'There are always possibilities'.
One day, I shall come back, yes I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.-William Hartnell, Doctor Who-The Dalek Invasion of Earth
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #6
monolith21
Squadron Leader

I'd rather see a next generation type version than one that recasts the characters. I agree that there are plenty of others that would step up to make the continuation if if came to them. However Tom isn't waiting for it to come to him. He's doing what he can to make it happen. I'll stick with someone who is proactive any day of the week. I think Tom is the best hope not only to get this thing done, but to do it right.

Not much has changed from 2003 when we were all fired up. Tom pretty much said that until Gino was off air, it was the only game in town. I think he'll wait to make his move until after Gino is off the air.

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 11:10 AM   #7
KJ
Strike Leader

So its, safe to say that Larson would go with DeSanto and that they've already met and discussed BSG being on the big screen besides just simply appearing at anniversary BSG cons in the past then.

Fair enough.

Still, they could at least inform the fans around the globe evey now and then via some new news. And lt us know to keep the fires going for BG, cos we all know the revival took time to "stoke" its fires and alert everyone to Galactica once again.

KJ
Old October 11th, 2008, 11:45 PM   #8
monolith21
Squadron Leader

I completely agree. It would be nice to hear something preferably followed by some visible movement to make it happen. On a separate note, now that the sci fi channel won't be an issue I'd like to see the Colonial Fan Force back in action!

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2008, 10:51 AM   #9
KJ
Strike Leader

True.

I've miss, chatting with Commander Taggart, and his CFF was quite worthy in getting alot of things moving within BSG fandom when the time was right.

I still think its cause isn't dead yet. Instead of petitioning a Second Coming backing, it could very easily support a desanto effort. Or at least try and petition for a supposed "Battlestar Galactica" uncut (with restored and remastered deleted scenes) Remastered Special Edition on say a; HD DVD-Blu-Ray re-release of the entire series.

Can't see why not, seeing as Star Trek TOS and Red Dwarf have done so?

Yeah i'd be happy too to see CFF back, if they provided everybody with updates on all things classic BG related.

KJ
Old October 14th, 2008, 10:18 AM   #10
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kingjason View Post
So its, safe to say that Larson would go with DeSanto and that they've already met and discussed BSG being on the big screen besides just simply appearing at anniversary BSG cons in the past then.

Fair enough.

Still, they could at least inform the fans around the globe evey now and then via some new news. And lt us know to keep the fires going for BG, cos we all know the revival took time to "stoke" its fires and alert everyone to Galactica once again.

KJ
I can't wait to see it on the big screen.
Yes. I agree let's keep those fires going!

Battlestar Earth admin
Old October 14th, 2008, 10:24 AM   #11
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by monolith21 View Post
I'd rather see a next generation type version than one that recasts the characters. I agree that there are plenty of others that would step up to make the continuation if if came to them. However Tom isn't waiting for it to come to him. He's doing what he can to make it happen. I'll stick with someone who is proactive any day of the week. I think Tom is the best hope not only to get this thing done, but to do it right.
I like the next generation idea.
Wouldn't it be awesome to see Dirk Benedict back as Starbuck?
Not to mention there are still quite a few of the actors for the original characters to lead the next generation in a BSG movie.
That would be AWESOME

Battlestar Earth admin
Old October 14th, 2008, 10:26 AM   #12
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kingjason View Post
True.

I've miss, chatting with Commander Taggart, and his CFF was quite worthy in getting alot of things moving within BSG fandom when the time was right.

I still think its cause isn't dead yet. Instead of petitioning a Second Coming backing, it could very easily support a desanto effort. Or at least try and petition for a supposed "Battlestar Galactica" uncut (with restored and remastered deleted scenes) Remastered Special Edition on say a; HD DVD-Blu-Ray re-release of the entire series.

Can't see why not, seeing as Star Trek TOS and Red Dwarf have done so?

Yeah i'd be happy too to see CFF back, if they provided everybody with updates on all things classic BG related.

KJ
Why not do both?
We can have a TOS BSG remastered DVD and a movie.

Battlestar Earth admin