Default Majestic BSG Figure News

http://www.majesticstudiosinc.com/classicbg.html
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2005, 02:00 PM   #2
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

GREAT to see they are continueing to invest in ORIGINAL BSG merchandise.....the more companies invest in the original BSG.....the more it shows the studios that its valueable...
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2005, 10:19 AM   #3
jeditemple
Bad Email Address

I just picked up the Gold Cylon and Apollo from Tower Records. I must say that I am very pleased and will continue to support the line.
jeditemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 12:58 AM   #4
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeditemple
I just picked up the Gold Cylon and Apollo from Tower Records. I must say that I am very pleased and will continue to support the line.

I think there is a Tower Records down here in The Big Easy. If it is open now (post-Katrina/Rita) I shall have to see if they have any cool Galactica memorabilia.

martok2112
Old December 13th, 2005, 06:36 AM   #5
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Wow! That is awesome...a Starbuck and Apollo set in their white uniforms and Boomer and Athena! This is getting better all the time...

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 07:40 AM   #6
jeditemple
Bad Email Address

I was amazed at the detail put into Apollo's uniform, especially the helmet and gun. Plus they've thrown in some display stands, which is a super bonus in my book. The Cylon's sword is too short, but you really don't see it much once it's clipped onto his belt. The only thing they could have done better is have the Cylon's eye glow (like the 70's toy I used to have). I'm definitely looking forward to getting Starbuck.
jeditemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 07:53 AM   #7
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

Cool Great figures!

While I was in full BGS uniform, I was pulled aside at San Diego Comic Con in 2004 by the vice president of Majestic, who asked me to look at their protypes. I have to say that they took constructive criticism very well. They had the back of the helmets totally wrong and were missing a few small details. When I pointed this out the guy said that was the hardest part for them as they could not find any pics. I emailed him some and while I never heard back, they fixed the helmets and added the details. It is great to see that they really wanted to do it right. After all, it was only the back of the helmets that were wrong and small details.

I emailed the guys who will carry the white uniformed figures. They will be advertized starting just after the holidays (go figure) and the price has yet to be set.
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 10:17 AM   #8
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeAthena
While I was in full BGS uniform, I was pulled aside at San Diego Comic Con in 2004 by the vice president of Majestic, who asked me to look at their protypes. I have to say that they took constructive criticism very well. They had the back of the helmets totally wrong and were missing a few small details. When I pointed this out the guy said that was the hardest part for them as they could not find any pics. I emailed him some and while I never heard back, they fixed the helmets and added the details. It is great to see that they really wanted to do it right. After all, it was only the back of the helmets that were wrong and small details.

I emailed the guys who will carry the white uniformed figures. They will be advertized starting just after the holidays (go figure) and the price has yet to be set.
That is a sweet looking uniform in your avatar, btw, Athena.

One of the things I almost always hated about most sci-fi uniforms worn by fans is that they just don't seem to fit right.

Especially for Star Trek. I mean, go to a Star Trek convention (or any sci-fi convention) and about 95 percent of the fans who wear Trek outfits just seem to have the worst fitting uniforms. They're either way too big on the fan.....or worse, you see a potbelly sticking out from a rather...erk...form fitting uniform.

Your uniform seems rather nicely talored. Did you make it yourself?

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old December 13th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #9
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

Cool Thanks!

Thanks! I did make it myself and it was painstaking! I actually hate sewing but seem to do it frequently as I can't afford to pay anyone to do it for me.

It was worth the effort though. It is a lot of fun to wear.

Thanks again for the complements!
Old January 6th, 2006, 09:20 AM   #10
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

Cool Pre-Orders being taken for white uniform figures

Time and Space Toys is selling a limited edition BSG Apollo/Starbuck set with them dressed in the white uniforms. They will ship in March and are limited to 500 sets.

You can find the info here:
http://store.yahoo.com/timespacetoys/bagaapstwhun.html
Old January 28th, 2006, 12:26 PM   #11
Jayworld
Warrior

Thumbs up Majestic Figures

Actually, the $99.98 for the two figures is not bad, considering the "regular" figures retail for $39.99, plus these are limited to 500 of each figure. I have all five of the "regular" edition 12" figures from Majestic, and they are awesome. I have opened one; the Apollo figure, and for those of you that have them but still sealed, the figure is very, very similar to the 12" body style of the Dragun figures, for those of you who are 12" collectors and may be familiar with such.

The figures "click" in some of the joints, no doubt for better possibility. I could not get the viper pilots helmet to fit correctly, though, on the Apollo. Also, if you take them out of the box for display, be careful, as the wire that secures the figure inside the box literally is wrapped around the shoulders and goes inside of the shirt/tunic. You have to virtually undress the figure to get it completely out of the box.....

Jayworld
Jayworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 02:50 PM   #12
spcglider
Squadron Leader

Muffit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeAthena

I'm guessing that they based their model on the JOYRIDE figures helmets... which were horribly wrong around the back.

And jeez... couldn't find any images??? HELLOOOOOOOO???? Internet????

Really, I'm being a booger about it, but fer cryin' out loud!

I have to build odd items every day. That's my JOB. Stuff I've never seen before. Do YOU know what a SOYBEAN looks like up close? I mean REALLY close? NO? Neither did I until I did the research. And let me tell you, it's tougher to find a close-up of a healthy soybean than it is to find Battlestar Galactica reference.

But I'm emminently happy that they caught you at the Con and questioned you because that makes their image greater in my eyes. They were cool enough to know their market (US) and were willing to move on the changes that will make the product appeal to that market.

I was REALLY disappointed with the Joyride figures. So disappointed that I wrote to the company and offered to sculpt the next set and provide copious consultation. But I guess they're done with that line cuz the sales were poor. (Any wonder?)

-Gordon
Old February 1st, 2006, 08:53 AM   #13
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Wait a minute? Did you hear something about the Joyride figures? I have an order for Series 3 right now!!!

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2006, 12:53 PM   #14
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

The Joyride figures are okay for display purposes, but I really wouldn't consider them as action figures. I found a 12" cylon centurion at the local Suncoast store, but I haven't bought it yet. I'll probably order that and the Apollo figure from Amazon.com. Has anyone seen the Starbuck and Adama figures anywhere yet? I'm looking forward to collecting "dynamic trio"(Apollo, Starbuck, & Boomer).
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote