Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old August 17th, 2004, 10:44 AM   #1
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Love Stinks Stories...

OK, here is the thread to post your best Love Stinks stories about relationships gone bad. Give us the story of where love really put you over the barrel...

Here is one of mine that went through three women!!!! I'll post it over a couple of posts)

Woman #1: I was living in Boston awhile back when I started getting kind of flirty with a shot girl at a bar I frequented a lot (she came around and sold liquor shots). Well, one thing led to another and we began seeing each other before my time in Boston ended. I was scheduled to leave to another state at the end of a couple more months.

I left and continued to talk with her on the phone. She planned a week-long trip to visit me in early August because she really wanted to get away from work, etc. etc...so it was all set. I was looking forward to it as well. Funny thing is, the last thing she told me on the phone was for me not to meet any women!

I was working as a musician at the time and we were at a conference-type thing where there were high school kids preparing for college and all that kind of stuff. Well anyway, some of their counselors were college-aged students.

Woman #2: One of the counselors was a cute girl who was just about to graduate from college. Sure enough, I met her! We start hitting it off and I'm feeling very torn about this. I realize that the first woman is way over there in Boston and we probably have no chance at a continuing relationship beyond her visit in just a couple of weeks. But here I am now getting involved deeper and deeper with this second girl!!!

After a week, I was in so deep with the new girl that I had to call the first girl and actually tell her NOT to come visit me!!! It was bad. I felt like a big jerk and it is the only time I have ever dumped a girlfriend. She was very upset and realized that I had indeed met someone else. I had to fess up to the truth. It got so bad that she had already paid for her non-returnable tickets halfway across the country! Believe it or not, I actually sent her around $500 of my own money to repay her the cost of the tickets so she would not come see me!!!! Crazy....

Well, woman #1 being over with, I began my new relationship with woman #2. We lived about 350 miles away from each other and we spoke quite a lot on the phone. Several weeks later, I wanted to go visit her. I made plans to fly up there and she would meet me at the airport. I get there and nobody shows up! I call her at her house and there's no answer. I finally get an old high school buddy of mine who lived in that city to take me to his place. Over the entire 3 day weekend, I called her house probably 100 times getting no answer!

On Sunday, I pack up and fly back to my house very dejected that I had not even heard from her, let alone see her. Finally, a day or two later, I got in touch with her and she said that she had to go on an emergency trip to another city with her family and she never called me or told me or anything! Needless to say, I was a bit perturbed at her excuse.

Over the next several weeks, the phone conversations got pretty bad. It seemed as if she didn't hardly care anymore. Something just switched off. I had pretty much decided that it was over between us. I hardly talked to her anymore and I thought that was that.

(continued in next post)

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2004, 10:56 AM   #2
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Woman #3: On a road trip to play in Chicago a couple of weeks later, I stopped off in the same city where woman #2 was and stayed for one night at my high school friend's place as a stop on our long journey to Illinois. It was this one night where I met another girl at a party and we hit it off right away. I started calling her as well and we started something as well over the phone at first. Well, this one was totally different. I did go visit her and she was there and we had the time of our lives over the following several months!

One of those days, we had gone to church together and lo and behold do I see woman #2 (remember, they lived in the same city)! I pretend not to see her and she does not approach me. I left and went back home once the weekend ended.

Sure enough, the very next day I get a call out of the blue from woman #2! She had not called me for almost 3 months and all of a sudden, she says that she was not thinking straight and she wanted to see if we could get back together and give it another try!!! Talk about a total reversal. This time I was in the driver's seat...

I told her that I had been blown off and I was moving on and had gotten over her already. She said that she had not had that time and wanted me back. I was already very seriously involved with woman #3 by this time (it had been almost 4 months now) and I was not going to give her up. I told woman #2 sorry, but it was too late.

I had really been through the ringer over the past half year and had all kinds of experiences with all three of these women...I got out of the first relationship to be with the second. The second blows me off and I find the third and the long and short of it is that later that year, I married woman #3 and we have three beautiful daughters and we are having a great life together!!!!!

I guess I needed to go through those other experiences to get to my wife. If those things had not happened how and when they did, I might not have been able to meet my wife and been available to woo her...

Love stunk, but in the end, it came out smelling like roses!!!

Now let's hear your sad sack stories...

Old August 17th, 2004, 12:17 PM   #3
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Actually I only had one really BAD relationship. I met what I thought was a
wonderful guy. Can we say NOT!!!???

When I first met him he was really, really, really nice and charming .......too charming
but being YOUNG and DUM I didn't see that at the time.

He took me out a couple of times and on the third date he started to set all of these
Ultimatums ........I told him NO I would only Sleep with someone IF they truely wanted
a relationship with me. HE screamed at me and made all sorts of false accusations
about me being a tease. He even accused me of dressing like a WH##E (fill in the
blanks) if you have any doubts.

First of all my blouses covered me completely as did all of my clothes. None of my
clothes {even though they were nice} could come close to fitting his wild accusations.
I told him NO ......the relationship IF we ever had one .............was OVER now and
forever. And I left him and walked home. It was a good TWO MILES.

He never even called me to see if I made it home safely. The next day he called
begging me to forgive him and asked to meet at a coffee bar just a block from where
I lived. STUPID ME I agreed. I walked over to the coffee bar .......he walked
in and once again gave me more ORDERS. I refused. He told me he would never
let me go. I told him he didn't have a choice I would NOT be controlled by anyone.

This Happened in the 1980's .........THIS PSYCHOTIC JERK has been stalking me
everysince. And get this inspite of the fact that this man has threatened my life...
stood outside of my apartment window holding a steak knife .......the POLICE
refused to even take a report. "THEY" said I should SLEEP with him and then
he would leave me alone. Oh they told me that under no circumstances was
I a PRIORITY ............AND YES .........he is still stalking me.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2004, 12:34 PM   #4
bsg1fan1975
Major

oh no Shining! (((((((((((((((sis)))))))))))))))))))

well all three of the guys I dated before my hubby Supreme Idiots, must have inhabited the same village.

Idiot#1: Made me drop everything at the last minute to run to his side. Dropped him after one month of putting up with his crap.

Idiot #2: This one last two weeks. Wanted me to sleep with him even though I wasn't ready. Got tired of the pressure and said "hasta la vista, bucko!"

Idiot#3: This one was a piece of work. Someone smack me for ever trying to have a relationship with this twit! Met this one through mutual friends of ours. (Big Mistake) Dated for nearly two months. The straw that broke the elephants back, might you ask? Ok, here goes. This was four years ago. At the time I was dating #3 I was planning on taking a trip to my home town to see my family that still is there. The night I told the jerk we were having a few drinks in the bar (stupid me, all he ever wanted to do was go to the bar). So I tell him that I will be away for two weeks as I had already gotten the time off from my job and couldn't cancel it. He gets mad at me and says that I can't go unless he says so. I was furious. I told him that I was going and there was nothing he could do about it. He told me, no practically shouted at me, that as long as we were seeing each other I had to follow what he said. Luckily one of my friends happen to be just walking in and heard this and went off on the guy. My friend drove me home after I told the idiot right there in front of the whole bar it was over between us. On the way home, my dear friend broke the news to me that it was good that the idiot and I had never slept together (idiot had a big mouth and had bragged to our friends that we hadn't "Done the dirty"), as he had seen the jerk out with several other women the whole time we were dating when I could not be with him like he wanted.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2004, 01:08 PM   #5
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Shiningstar, if the local police won't do anything, call the state police. Keep calling until somebody tells you what you need to know.

Have you gotten a restraining order on this guy? If he's in violation of one, the local cops have no choice but to arrest him.

Anyway, my sad story? Got hooked up with a woman I was working with who had two sons (whose father was pretty much out of the picture). She'd just broken up with her long-time boyfriend (a real slimeball).

Or so she told me.

We got along well. Her boys got along with me, too.

Clue One things weren't going as well as I thought they were was one night she was supposed to come over and she didn't show up - I had her birthday present to give her - so I went looking for her. Something told me to drive by her old boyfriend's house.

I put her present on the front seat of her car.

We didn't last too long after that......

It wasn't a whole long time after that I changed departments, then started dating another co-worker. Wound up marrying her, too. Yes, she is the justifiably famous (and destined for sainthood) Mrs. Dawg.

All worked out for the best - I was grown up enough for her by that time!

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2004, 01:12 PM   #6
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Shiningstar, if the local police won't do anything, call the state police. Keep calling until somebody tells you what you need to know.

Have you gotten a restraining order on this guy? If he's in violation of one, the local cops have no choice but to arrest him.

Anyway, my sad story? Got hooked up with a woman I was working with who had two sons (whose father was pretty much out of the picture). She'd just broken up with her long-time boyfriend (a real slimeball).

Or so she told me.

We got along well. Her boys got along with me, too.

Clue One things weren't going as well as I thought they were was one night she was supposed to come over and she didn't show up - I had her birthday present to give her - so I went looking for her. Something told me to drive by her old boyfriend's house.

I put her present on the front seat of her car.

We didn't last too long after that......

It wasn't a whole long time after that I changed departments, then started dating another co-worker. Wound up marrying her, too. Yes, she is the justifiably famous (and destined for sainthood) Mrs. Dawg.

All worked out for the best - I was grown up enough for her by that time!

I am
Dawg
I tried that dawg ......it's ok ......I have "MR CONGENIALITY" under my
thumb now .........he's squirming now ......because there's a cyber
stalking law in the works ........and I can get him BIG TIME for that
using all the other evidence I have on him ......

I'm sorry that the first one didn't work out .....but I thank God Number TWO
did You deserve the best dawg
Old August 17th, 2004, 01:13 PM   #7
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975
oh no Shining! (((((((((((((((sis)))))))))))))))))))

well all three of the guys I dated before my hubby Supreme Idiots, must have inhabited the same village.

Idiot#1: Made me drop everything at the last minute to run to his side. Dropped him after one month of putting up with his crap.

Idiot #2: This one last two weeks. Wanted me to sleep with him even though I wasn't ready. Got tired of the pressure and said "hasta la vista, bucko!"

Idiot#3: This one was a piece of work. Someone smack me for ever trying to have a relationship with this twit! Met this one through mutual friends of ours. (Big Mistake) Dated for nearly two months. The straw that broke the elephants back, might you ask? Ok, here goes. This was four years ago. At the time I was dating #3 I was planning on taking a trip to my home town to see my family that still is there. The night I told the jerk we were having a few drinks in the bar (stupid me, all he ever wanted to do was go to the bar). So I tell him that I will be away for two weeks as I had already gotten the time off from my job and couldn't cancel it. He gets mad at me and says that I can't go unless he says so. I was furious. I told him that I was going and there was nothing he could do about it. He told me, no practically shouted at me, that as long as we were seeing each other I had to follow what he said. Luckily one of my friends happen to be just walking in and heard this and went off on the guy. My friend drove me home after I told the idiot right there in front of the whole bar it was over between us. On the way home, my dear friend broke the news to me that it was good that the idiot and I had never slept together (idiot had a big mouth and had bragged to our friends that we hadn't "Done the dirty"), as he had seen the jerk out with several other women the whole time we were dating when I could not be with him like he wanted.
EWWWWWWWWWW .........I believe HERE my dear friends ...........

WE HAVE A WINNER
Old August 17th, 2004, 02:06 PM   #8
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

My sob stories...

I dated a beaver for awhile, but kissing was so painful I had to break it off. Those teeth...

Not learning from my first lesson, I fell for a walrus. Kept poking my toes with those tusks when we were dancing...

Thinking that my whole problem was "teeth", I started hanging around fish bars (no teeth). But you can guess what happened - they all drank like a - shall I say it? - fish!

So now I'm dating a stop sign. We hang out on corners and relish the control we have over others. Now that we're together I've noticed some of the No Parking Any Time signs are flirting with me big time. I've thought of going out with one, but they're only available from 3-6 AM and I'm not much of a night owl.

WHat do you all think I should do? Should I drop the stop sign? It's okay I guess, but whenever we start to get serious, all I hear is "stop! stop!". I don't know if I can take that kind of rejection...

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2004, 02:13 PM   #9
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
My sob stories...

I dated a beaver for awhile, but kissing was so painful I had to break it off. Those teeth...

Not learning from my first lesson, I fell for a walrus. Kept poking my toes with those tusks when we were dancing...

Thinking that my whole problem was "teeth", I started hanging around fish bars (no teeth). But you can guess what happened - they all drank like a - shall I say it? - fish!

So now I'm dating a stop sign. We hang out on corners and relish the control we have over others. Now that we're together I've noticed some of the No Parking Any Time signs are flirting with me big time. I've thought of going out with one, but they're only available from 3-6 AM and I'm not much of a night owl.

WHat do you all think I should do? Should I drop the stop sign? It's okay I guess, but whenever we start to get serious, all I hear is "stop! stop!". I don't know if I can take that kind of rejection...

Old August 17th, 2004, 02:23 PM   #10
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Muffit, all I can say is drop the stop and don't even think about No parking. Go with the traffic light. You'll always know what mood he's in (Go, Stop, Maybe )
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2004, 03:31 PM   #11
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel
Muffit, all I can say is drop the stop and don't even think about No parking. Go with the traffic light. You'll always know what mood he's in (Go, Stop, Maybe )
Old August 17th, 2004, 04:07 PM   #12
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

NEVER EVER DATE A GIRL THAT REMEMBERS LIVING THROUGH THE VIETNAM WAR.

I've tried it twice.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2004, 04:28 PM   #13
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g

I've tried it twice.

HUH????
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2004, 05:24 PM   #14
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:

I've tried it twice.

Uhhhhh I'll BITE ..........

WHY NOT?
Old August 17th, 2004, 07:48 PM   #15
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Just bad experiences.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2004, 07:51 PM   #16
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Just bad experiences.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{THOMAS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I can relate with that ........if you ever meet another girl like that
Suggest COUNCILLING and MOVE on.

Remember Thomas You are a fantastic Young man and
You deserve the best

Old August 17th, 2004, 09:00 PM   #17
Rowan
On Vacation...

Stinky love stories hun? well after dating for over 20 years I have way way too many of those! LOL! how many posts can you have on one thread before you reach capacity?
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2004, 04:15 AM   #18
bsg1fan1975
Major

Side note to my story about my dating experiences. Idiot #3, not only did he sneak around on me, he was divoricng his wife at the time!!!!!!!! Glad I got out of that situation when I did!

(Saw him at a local fair last year during a Charlie Daniels performance. He looked at me and smiled. Thinking that if he turned on the charm I'd run back to him. Not!!!!!! I cuddled right up to Kev and kissed him to send a clear message that it was over and I had moved on!)

Old August 18th, 2004, 10:07 AM   #19
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Muffit, how about a "Yield" sign?? Ha!!!

ANd Dawg, you were way too generous with the birthday gift after you found her car at her old boyfriend's house!!!

Old August 18th, 2004, 10:20 AM   #20
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan Force

I don't remember what it was, but I do recall it wasn't that expensive and I had no use for it myself. A hairdryer or something.....

Anyway, it was a nicely rude wake-up for her the next morning!

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:51 PM   #21
bsg1fan1975
Major

Dawg at least Mrs. Dawg got herself a winner. You should be proud to be loved by a special woman! What a gift for the lousy girl that lied to you!

Old August 18th, 2004, 01:03 PM   #22
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
I don't remember what it was, but I do recall it wasn't that expensive and I had no use for it myself. A hairdryer or something.....

Anyway, it was a nicely rude wake-up for her the next morning!

I am
Dawg
Dawg ........just remember ........the old saying

"the best revenge is living well."

and having a winner like your wife on your side ..........

I'd have to say you are living ..........very...............very .............well
Old August 18th, 2004, 01:16 PM   #23
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
Dawg ........just remember ........the old saying

"the best revenge is living well."

and having a winner like your wife on your side ..........

I'd have to say you are living ..........very...............very .............well
I agree, 100%!

I am
Dawg

My Places:

Tombs of Kobol
Old August 19th, 2004, 03:32 AM   #24
bsg1fan1975
Major

indeed!

A to those who survived the idiots and fools to find happiness elsewhere!