Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 11th, 2003, 08:27 AM   #1
Dean Martin
Warrior

Default The new Cylons

I thought that the new updated Cylon design (Not the Humanoids) was pretty cool. They looked Bad ass, & had the roving eye.
Sure we only saw them briefly but I think it was one of the high points of the show.
It's also interesting that rather than have a Cylon ship piloted the whole ship is basically a cylon robot which would make sense from a technology standpoint.
Why have a ship that is piloted by automated machines when the whole ship itself could be an automated machine?
The only problem with this is that there is a diconnect in the battle scenes that could cause people to not care because they are essentially fighting drones. It would be cool if the ships could be portrayed more as 'flying cylons' and give them a bit more personality of sorts.
Dean Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2003, 09:06 AM   #2
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Yes the new cylons were very cool as were the FX, not in love with the new Basestar. Fx were the highlight
S
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2003, 10:43 AM   #3
Dean Martin
Warrior

I agree, I'm not wild about that basestar either.
Old December 15th, 2003, 06:37 PM   #4
xenagabby99
Shuttle Pilot

Default Yeah

I thought the new sleeker looking cylons were cool as heck! Although I would like to see an old fashioned cylon pop out every once in awhile. It almost seemed as if they were trying to state that newer isn't always better, especially with the newer fighters were taken down so quickly by the cylons and the older ones had to be used. So why not continue that mentality about the cylons. The new ones were excellent I'm just saying throw in an old one every now and then and you'll make fans giddy!
xenagabby99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2003, 06:43 PM   #5
Dean Martin
Warrior

well if you think about it, they have/had an old cylon already in the gift shop(?) area. Think about the episode possibilities they can make using that old cylon.
Old December 15th, 2003, 06:45 PM   #6
xenagabby99
Shuttle Pilot

Default Hmm

I never thought about that! They have many cylons on board then. HMMMM that should make things very interesting! Great point!
xenagabby99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2003, 08:05 PM   #7
callsignfalcon
Warrior

Default the new *robotic* cylons...

were awesome upgrades! Loved the gun/hand thing and the overall look!
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote