Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old May 24th, 2004, 09:59 PM   #1
Rowan
On Vacation...

Default Right Brain/Left Brain Challenge

Left Brain, Right Brain

While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand.

Your foot will change direction and there's nothing you can do about it.

Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:18 AM   #2
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Can you imagine a 200 question test with those colors? I took one a couple of months ago for a sheriff's dispatch agency. They time you to see how many you can get in the allotted time. It was fun for me, but you could see other people struggling over it. I finished the whole test and did very well, they were quite disappointed when I decided that their rate of pay for part-timers was too low for me to take the job. (I already work for a sheriff's department part-time and they pay $3.00 more an hour than these people did!). I like forcing my brain to do things it deosn't want to.

I've seen the right foot/hand thing before and am still completely unable to override my brain on that one, though.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:26 AM   #3
Laura

Very interesting. I have been studying handedness in very young children for some time. It is interesting that just because a child is right handed does not mean that they are right footed or that they have right eye dominance.
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:31 AM   #4
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
I like forcing my brain to do things it doesn't want to.
Me too!I love to do stuff that pushes my limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
I've seen the right foot/hand thing before and am still completely unable to override my brain on that one, though.
I was able to override my brain but I had to really focus!
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:49 AM   #5
Laura

I could over ride the brain too but it sure looked silly. Like trying to rub your tummy and pat your head at the same time.
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:55 AM   #6
Rowan
On Vacation...

Hello Laura,

Welcome to Fleets

Yes I agree it does look/feel like that, that's exactly what I was thinking of when I tried to do it.
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:01 AM   #7
Laura

Thanks for the welcome. It is interesting getting to know people.
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:11 AM   #8
Rowan
On Vacation...

Laura, I agree.

Personally I love to plumb the depths of a persons psyche, explore what makes them tick and why, it fascinates me.
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:22 AM   #9
Laura

People are interesting. I like children. Watching how their minds develop. Seeing their personalities at an early age etc.
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:27 AM   #10
Rowan
On Vacation...

When I worked as a behavioural therapist with Autistic children I was utterly absorbed and fascinated with that whole process it intrigued me immensely. How their brains processed the information. I spent hours upon hours exploring how they absorbed information and determining how to capture their interest and how best to teach the material, despite the constrains of the teaching paradigm that I was obligated to follow.
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:35 AM   #11
Laura

Yes, children are fascinating. Each one unique. They are my greatest joy. Especially the grandchildren. ( I have two and one foster grandchild) The oldest named Laura.
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:47 AM   #12
Rowan
On Vacation...

I have a passion for children, but do not have any of my own, although I wish I did. I have a profound emotional attatchment to the name Laura which goes back to my childhood.
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:49 AM   #13
Laura

Lovely name. I am very fond of it too. My daughter picked a great name for her firstborn.
Old May 25th, 2004, 12:42 PM   #14
bsg1fan1975
Major

this one really got me all mixed up!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 06:45 PM   #15
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

I was almost named Laura when I was born. Laura was what my parents were set on naming me because of their fondness for that name. Yet once I was born they named me something else instead. I'll bet you know why. Welcome to Fleets, Laura.

Rowan, I tried the right foot, number 6 experiment and I was completely surprised to find that my right foot acted contrary to my intentions not once, not 3 times, but a half dozen times, and even after then it took all I had to keep it going clockwise. Of course, it's all in the mind. Amazing.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 06:59 PM   #16
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 14th Colony
I was almost named Laura when I was born. Laura was what my parents were set on naming me because of their fondness for that name. Yet once I was born they named me something else instead. I'll bet you know why. Welcome to Fleets, Laura.
It's funny you should say that 14th I was nearly named Laura as well...Laura is a derivative of the name Elizabeth and the name my parents gave me (which I no longer use ) is also a derivative to the name Elizabeth.

Rowan, I tried the right foot, number 6 experiment and I was completely surprised to find that my right foot acted contrary to my intentions not once, not 3 times, but a half dozen times, and even after then it took all I had to keep it going clockwise. Of course, it's all in the mind. Amazing.
I know! it's very very hard to do isn't it I really have to focus very hard to do it! It is amazing how the brain works I love stuff like that!!
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:35 PM   #17
Laura

Thanks for comments on the name Laura. You have really made me feel welcome.
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:26 PM   #18
Rowan
On Vacation...

Glad to hear it Laura, because you are welcome...*especially* if your a night owl, because it gets too quiet around here late at night for my taste! LOL!
Old May 26th, 2004, 04:04 AM   #19
Laura

Not really a night owl. But I sometimes have trouble sleeping.
Old May 26th, 2004, 05:22 AM   #20
Rowan
On Vacation...

Well I identify with the not sleeping well... that works too, most often I'm here when no one else is I get lonely or bored could always use the "company" ie someone to play on the galactica cafe threads with.
Old May 26th, 2004, 06:05 AM   #21
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura
Yes, children are fascinating. Each one unique. They are my greatest joy. Especially the grandchildren. ( I have two and one foster grandchild) The oldest named Laura.
Sorry Laura I meant to ask you about your other grandchildren what are their names and how old are they if you don't mind telling us?
Old May 26th, 2004, 06:27 AM   #22
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Welcome to Fleets Laura!!!

Hey all, something interesting, if I do the foot/6 thing and move my foot clockwise, then yep, my foot changes direction. But if I start my foot CCW and draw the 6, I have no trouble with my foot changing direction -- how odd! Guess the mind can still deal with both being CCW.

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2004, 06:32 AM   #23
Laura

I love talking about them. In addition to Laura (3 years old), Benjamin (Laura's brother) is 1 year old. My foster daughter, who lost her mother to cancer when she was 6 years old, has a daughter named Andrea. (her mother's name) Andrea is 7 months old. That is all so far. I hope we have more some day.
Old May 26th, 2004, 06:34 AM   #24
Laura

Hi Muffit. I'll have to try that. Thanks
Old June 9th, 2004, 01:28 AM   #25
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

that was fun! my brain is asking what was that colorful truck that just hit it... lol jk :laugh:
DarkJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2004, 09:14 AM   #26
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

I could say the colors, with effort. But the foot/hand trick is quite beyond me. That's just weird.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2005, 12:20 AM   #27
Rowan
On Vacation...

*bump*
Old January 8th, 2005, 05:24 AM   #28
gmd3d
Major

thats intresting, and weird

"The world is my country, science my religion.”