Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old August 14th, 2003, 11:54 PM   #1
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Default Woo hoo Rocky 6

I just watched a Stallone interview on the YES Network. It's a channel dedicated to the New York Yankees.

Anyway Sly confirmed that his next project is going to be Rocky 6. MGM has approved his script and he is anxious to get started on it.

He describes the story as being loosely based on George Foreman's comback and promises the fans that Rocky will be fighting in the ring this time and not a street fight like that last movie.

That is great news and I say "Go for it!"

Maybe I am being over excited because I am italian, but never we need to support our older action stars and wish them the best of sucess.

-Ronald D. Moore-
Scooter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2003, 08:48 AM   #2
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

I also am glad Rocky is coming back. Stallone won an Oscar for the first film which was well deserved IMHO.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2003, 11:16 AM   #3
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

ROCKY SIX?????? I Loveeeeeeeeee it!
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2003, 08:04 AM   #4
une
Shuttle Pilot

Dear god, is there really a need for another Rocky movie?
HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.
Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.
HAL: It's called "Daisy."
[sings while slowing down]
HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.
une is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2003, 05:24 PM   #5
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

LOL Une .......WHy Not?
Old August 16th, 2003, 09:59 PM   #6
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Default Rocky 6 / Galactica .03

Scooter

Just wanted to know if you made it to the New York Con back at the end of June. If so, and you saw Richard's panel, I was the one with the video camera Richard asked to stand-up. Is it true Glen and Tom are talking?

Jim:colwar:
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2003, 09:35 AM   #7
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by une
Dear god, is there really a need for another Rocky movie?
I don't know Une, is there any need for a entire TV series based on Tremors?

Maybe you should be happy for the people who are excited for Rocky's return.

I will tell you what I told my friends at cylon.org..

" Rocky is one of my favorite on screen heroes of all time and you people just roll your eyeballs of this exciting announcement of Rocky 6.

I just want to point out that poking fun at Rocky is as equally distasteful.

It was Rocky who inspired me all my life to defeat the challenges in my life that had overwhelming odds against me. It was Rocky that help shape and mold me into the person I am today.

Those of you who knows me can tell you that Rocky was the main reason why I wanted to be a professional fighter."

-Ronald D. Moore-
Old August 17th, 2003, 09:55 AM   #8
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Default Re: Rocky 6 / Galactica .03

Quote:
Originally posted by dilbertman
Scooter

Just wanted to know if you made it to the New York Con back at the end of June.

The night before I was pulled over for not wearing a seat-belt.

The cop ran my license through the computer and said I had a warrant out from another town for not paying a speeding ticket.

I did in fact I pay the damn ticket but the computer said I didn't.

I was transported to that town in handcuffs and then it was a race against time to present the proper proof that I paid before they put me in the county.

I sat in a holding cell from 9:30 PM Friday night until 12:30 Saturday afternoon until my friend came in and showed them the canceled check and the receipt.

By that point I was pissed off and tired and decided to blow off the convention.

I never received an apology from any cops.

Quote:
Originally posted by dilbertman

Is it true Glen and Tom are talking?

According yo KF they are discussing and making plans for a BSG feature film, just like what Richard had stated.

Unfortunatly it is highly unlikely that will ever happen if the Sci-Fi channel's mini becomes a hit and becomes an ongoing series.

-Ronald D. Moore-
Old August 17th, 2003, 12:15 PM   #9
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Scooter

Sorry to here about your run in with the cops. Sometime time they can be real a-holes. The other day my sister locked her one year old in the car by mistake and had someone call 911 to open the car. The cops told her they would send a tow truck to open it, with no time on how long it would take for it to come. So she told them to F**k them self's and had someone brake the window out. This was on a day when it was about 100 outside.

Back to Galactica, do you know if Tom is going to be at Galacticon?

Last edited by dilbertman; August 18th, 2003 at 05:26 PM..
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2003, 12:34 PM   #10
une
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
i don't know Une, is there any need for a entire TV series based on Tremors?

Maybe you should be happy for the people who are excited for Rocky's return.

I will tell you what I told my friends at cylon.org..

" Rocky is one of my favorite on screen heroes of all time and you people just roll your eyeballs of this exciting announcement of Rocky 6.

I just want to point out that poking fun at Rocky is as equally distasteful.

It was Rocky who inspired me all my life to defeat the challenges in my life that had overwhelming odds against me. It was Rocky that help shape and mold me into the person I am today.

Those of you who knows me can tell you that Rocky was the main reason why I wanted to be a professional fighter."
I'm a fan of the Rocky series. I've liked every single one of the sequels, although Rocky 4 was somewhat out of place. But the thing is I feel that even though the sequels are for the most part are pretty fun, they all take away from the first film. The point of the first film was even though Rocky lost the big fight he gained something more important, a bit of self respect. By having Rocky come back in the sequel and beat Creed, to me, tarnished the first film. It seemed to take away from the film instead of complimenting, or adding onto it.

The same can be said of the Tremors sequels and series, all of which were fun but unnecessary.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm going to see Rocky 6 and I'm very sure that I'll enjoy it, but just like Rocky 3, my favorite of the sequels, I'll like it but think of it as a needless addition to the Rocky saga.
HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.
Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.
HAL: It's called "Daisy."
[sings while slowing down]
HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.
une is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2003, 07:12 AM   #11
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Rambo IV

Scooter I heard that Stallone is also supposed to make another Rambo flick as well.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2003, 02:35 PM   #12
Shatter
Bad Email Address

I'm a long time fan of boxing and I thought that Big George's return to the ring was very inspiring. I was whooping and cheering when Foreman knocked out Moorer in their championship fight. I think basing another Rocky movie around Foreman's comeback is an excellent premise. I've enjoyed the Rocky films, and you can bet I'll bet in line to see Rocky VI.

Last edited by Shatter; August 18th, 2003 at 03:15 PM..
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2003, 08:08 PM   #13
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Scooter I'm sorry had a run in with the cops.
They can be Real Jerks ....I bet they WOULD
apologize if you went to internal affairs and
told them you wanted to file a complaint!!!!

Also Scooter ................Don't be too sure about
the Big screen movie not being made. Stranger
things have happened.