Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old November 9th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Default Evidence of Lemuria?

Hello all,

Long time no see

I know this is a few years old, but perhaps you haven't seen it...
More firm evidence that there /were/ great civilzations 10,000 years ago, maybe even the Atlantis and Lemuria of the BSG narration...

With affection,
Muffit

====

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/wor...00/1768109.stm

"The whole model of the origins of civilization with which archaeologists have been working will have to be remade from scratch..."

Another Submerged City

21-Jan-2002

The remains of a huge underwater city off the western coast of India may force historians and archaeologists to radically reconsider their view of ancient human history. It's believed that the area was submerged when ice caps melted at the end of the last ice age, 9-10,000 years ago.

Marine scientists say archaeological remains disco vered 120 feet underwater in the Gulf of Cambay off the western coast of India could be over 9,000 years old. The vast city - which is five miles long and two miles wide - is believed to predate the oldest known remains in the subcontinent by more than 5,000 years.

The site was discovered by chance last year by oceanographers from India's National Institute of Ocean Technology who were conducting a survey of pollution. Using sidescan sonar - which sends a beam of sound waves down to the bottom of the ocean - they identified huge geometrical structures at a depth of 120 feet. Debris recovered from the site - including construction material, pottery, sections of walls, beads, sculpture and human bones and teeth - has been carbon dated and found to be nearly 9,500 years old.

However, archaeologist Justin Morris from the British Museum says more work will need to be done before the site can be said to belong to a 9,000 year old civilization, since there can be errors in carbon dating. "Culturally speaking, in that part of the world there were no civilizations prior to about 2,500 BC. What's happening before then mainly consisted of small, village settlements," he says.

Strong tides make investigations in the Cambay difficult. Marine scientists led by the Madras-based National Institute of Ocean Technology are solving this problem by taking acoustic images off the sea-bed and using dredging equipment to extract artifacts.

The Indian Minister for Ocean Technology, Murli Manohar Joshi, says the images indicate symmetrical man-made structures and also a paleo-river, with banks containing artifacts, such as pottery. Carbon dating on a block of wood brought up from the depths suggests it dates back to 7,595 BC. "We have to find out what happened then ... where and how this civilisation vanished," he says.

The city is believed to be even older than the ancient Harappan civilisation, which dates back around 4,000 years and is the oldest on the subcontinent. Although Palaeolithic sites dating back around 20,000 years have been found on the coast of India's western state of Gujarat before, this is the first time that man-made structures as old as 9,500 years have been found deep beneath the ocean surface.

Marine archaeologists have used a technique known as sub- bottom profiling to show that the buildings were built on enormous foundations. Graham Hancock, author of "Fingerprints of the Gods," says, "The [oceanographers] found that they were dealing with two large blocks of apparently man made structures. Cities on this scale are not known in the archaeological record until roughly 4,500 years ago when the first big cities begin to appear in Mesopotamia. Nothing else on the scale of the underwater cities of Cambay is known. The first cities of the historical period are as far away from these cities as we are today from the pyramids of Egypt."

Hancock feels this discovery could have a major influence on our view of the ancient world. "There's a huge chronological problem in this discovery. It means that the whole model of the origins of civilization with which archaeologists have been working will have to be remade from scratch," he says.
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #2
gmd3d
Major

I will use the term "Fascinating" .. I would believe this easily there's so much we don't know . I even think that I have see something on TV a few weeks ago ... they where looking a constructs in south Atlantic or the Gulf of Mexico..
Make you think alright

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 12:44 PM   #3
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Hi, Muffit!

Miss you - good to see you!

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:59 PM   #4
gmd3d
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Hi, Muffit!

Miss you - good to see you!

I am
Dawg
Me Too hope to see you here more

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #5
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Taranis! Hi Dawg!

Thank you for remembering little old me.
I recalled some time ago folks used to post news items like this, and when I saw it I thought of y'all.

Btw, this jibes very well with additional evidence of advanced civilizations having existed then disappeared by some cataclysm, on two other continents.

In South America, there is a huge stone structure whcih could only have been fashioned by a very advanced and large culture, and has been dated numerous times to circa 10,000 years ago. Scientists have not wanted to acknowledge this since all the available info points to 5,000 years of history only. And recent exhaustive tests have shown the Sphynx in Egypt suffered considerable water damage from rainfall in its distant past. Yet no such rainfall has fallen - except 10,000 years ago. Added to that, the mysterious tiny shafts from the King and Queen's chambers in teh Great Pyramid, never pointed to their respective stellar deities any time near 5,000 years ago. However, by computer simulation, they proved they /did/ point /exactly/ to those deities -- (you guessed it) 10,000 years ago.

All of this plus India seems to point to a worldwide fairly advanced set of civilzations, all of which disappeared with nary a trace, and humanity had to start completely over - which took until 5,000 years ago to reach the same stage of science and culture. Researchers point out that the melting of teh polar ice cap may have raised sea levels and inundated all of the coastal cities (where everybody lived, mainly), causing this disaster, and covering the evidence from our eyes under hundreds of feet of ocean.

Anyway, I love this stuff, hope you all do too...

Nice to see ya's!
Muffit
Old November 9th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #6
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Hello Muffit,
You might find this site interesting as well.
http://www.atlan.org/
Whether you believe the author or not, it's....rather fascinating.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #7
Lyra
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
Hi Taranis! Hi Dawg!

Thank you for remembering little old me.
I recalled some time ago folks used to post news items like this, and when I saw it I thought of y'all.

Btw, this jibes very well with additional evidence of advanced civilizations having existed then disappeared by some cataclysm, on two other continents.

In South America, there is a huge stone structure whcih could only have been fashioned by a very advanced and large culture, and has been dated numerous times to circa 10,000 years ago. Scientists have not wanted to acknowledge this since all the available info points to 5,000 years of history only. And recent exhaustive tests have shown the Sphynx in Egypt suffered considerable water damage from rainfall in its distant past. Yet no such rainfall has fallen - except 10,000 years ago. Added to that, the mysterious tiny shafts from the King and Queen's chambers in teh Great Pyramid, never pointed to their respective stellar deities any time near 5,000 years ago. However, by computer simulation, they proved they /did/ point /exactly/ to those deities -- (you guessed it) 10,000 years ago.

All of this plus India seems to point to a worldwide fairly advanced set of civilzations, all of which disappeared with nary a trace, and humanity had to start completely over - which took until 5,000 years ago to reach the same stage of science and culture. Researchers point out that the melting of teh polar ice cap may have raised sea levels and inundated all of the coastal cities (where everybody lived, mainly), causing this disaster, and covering the evidence from our eyes under hundreds of feet of ocean.

Anyway, I love this stuff, hope you all do too...

Nice to see ya's!
Muffit
Hi Muffit,
We havent't met before, but you seem to be legendary around the fleets.
I appreciate your topic of discussion here, and totally understand the content of it, as I too, delve greatly into the realms of ancient /pre-history of our world.
Alike to Lemuria, Sri Lanka had a prehistorical lost city called, Lankapura, which was really ruled by an ancient persian people...ahhh fascinating isn't it?
Have you ever read a book called "Dead Man's Secrets" by Jonothan Gray?
And here's another you will be blown away with, is "The 12th Planet-Book 1 of the Earth Chronicles" by Zecharia Sitchin.... The bible tells of our celestial ancestors, called the Nefilim. I 'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on these.
Best Wishes!
Lyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #8
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi CBSG4ever!

Wow, that /is/ a good resource - I think I'm gonna order that book, it looks really neat. The author does have a few misquotes and ideas, but all in all it looks really interesting.

Thanks!

And hi Lt. Lyra!

It's so nice to meet you. And thank you so much for the neat resources, I will check them out for sure. The Nephilim I am aware of, if I remember right, they were half-angel, half-human, and God was not too awful happy about their mixing with the human blood-line. (That part of the Bible is kind of bizarre for me, but certainly interesting(!)). I sure appreciate your thoughts and thank you for your kindness.

With much affection to both,
Muffit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBSG4ever
Hello Muffit,
You might find this site interesting as well.
http://www.atlan.org/
Whether you believe the author or not, it's....rather fascinating.
Old November 11th, 2006, 03:29 PM   #9
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra
Hi Muffit,
We havent't met before, but you seem to be legendary around the fleets.
Lyra,

More than 'legendary', Muffit is the very soul of our Fleet. Her kindness and wisdom serve as reminders that there is goodness in all waiting to be discovered.

Now, her musings, ....... those are legendary!!

Dear Muffit,

It does my good to see you again!!

...and what's a welcome without a

(for each cheek)

and

one for "yesterday" .. one for "today" .. one for "tomorrow"
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 05:28 PM   #10
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Dear BST,

You know how to make a daggit purr
I miss you too!

Very affectionately,
Muffit
Old November 11th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #11
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

(((((((Muffit))))))
It was great to see you here again. Cool news story. I think archeologists now living are getting to work in the best time for their fields as far as discovering lost cities and ancient remanents.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 07:05 PM   #12
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Jewels!

So wonderful to see you again
And I agree, the discoveries are just beginning...

With warmest affection,
Muffit
Old November 12th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #13
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Muffit -

Nice to see your furry face again!

I remember doing some online research on the subject of Lemuria - the opening narration always made me curious about it. I don't remember much about what I found (I might have posted it here....or not). I do remember one particular website saying that it was beleived that Lemuria predated Atlantis - historically speaking.

Thanks for bringing some of the mythos back into discussion!

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2006, 11:38 PM   #14
Lyra
Bad Email Address

Muffit,

It is indeed a pleasure to be acquainted, and I love your site..I had a visit a couple of sectons ago, and I 've been maning to tell you, what a lovely and interesting site, Kudos!

Best wishes to you!!!
And may the the Lords of Kobol be with you always!
Lyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 09:14 AM   #15
amberstar
Strike Leader

((((((((Muffit)))))))))

So good to see you sweetie! Hope all is well with you.
Many thanks for the post, I agree with Taranis........ "Fascinating!"
Old November 21st, 2006, 07:43 AM   #16
cobrastrikelead
Bad Email Address

I am usually of the school of thought of, give me some hard evidence.
But if this turns out. Wow!
cobrastrikelead is offline   Reply With Quote