Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old September 20th, 2004, 03:42 PM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Star Trek William Shatner gets an Emmy!!!!!

I just saw in the newspaper that ole Capt Kirk got an Emmy for Best Guest Actor, Drama Series!!!! He got it for his guest role on The Practice!

Did anyone see this? I missed it. I would have liked to seen the show or the award presentation.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2004, 05:13 AM   #2
julix
Bad Email Address

Tom,
I watched the Shat on the practice. I have watched the practice for years and got to see all of Shatners performance that year and I have to say two thumbs up......he deserved the emmy. He did a great job in part due to the character, it was perfect for him. Basically he plays Denny Crane a lawyer who has a great reputation but is really a nut job. He wins cases based o his reputation and some skill that he pulls out at the last minute. So in essence he plays a talented, egotistical nut case......Hummm......the apple didn't fall far from the tree on that one. He has a role so close to himself(so it seems-at least perception wise)that it really works. He also goes around saying "I am Denny Crane"...so many times and innappropriate times it is hilarious!!! You could almost see him in real life going around saying "I am William Shatner" Anyway he will be on the new spin off Boston Legal which is on Sunday nights so you might want to check it out. BTW my man James Spader also won an emmy for that show and he was the absolutw best!!!!!!!!!!!!(way to go James and the Shat)
julix is offline   Reply With Quote