Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 3rd, 2004, 07:56 AM   #1
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Default Very interesting developments....

I'm only going to say this once and i'm not about to get into a great debate or battle over it but isn't this just ironic. Fleets for the last year has been battleing to have people see the light on how the new series could eventually open doors to the old. Frankly Fleets got there ass kicked for even thinking that, were called traitors to the cause and basically labeled two faced. Ironic isn't it.

Now the decision by Richard to become a part of the new series as an actor once again stating basically what Fleets has said all along. I for one am still a huge supporter of the original and will go to any length to see it come back. If it takes a few years of this new series to get Galactica recognized so be it. Richard Hatch being on the new series goes to show you how close we truely are to getting both ends of the spectrum. I have mixed feelings about him taking a role on the new series but i will never call him a traitor for doing so. It isn't any different than what transpired for guys like Ken and myself who had a part in the FX for the new series. We chose to work and attempted to keep the spirit of the original alive in our artwork. And i think we did a pretty damn good job in that aspect.

I have a feeling with Richard's announcement here of another round of battles begining but they will not happen here. I for one hope everyone will finally open there eyes to what is happening here and it makes me even more motivated than ever to see the TOS back in some form once again.

I believe that we can coexist, it's time for all factions to lay down there arms and collectively work for each other's goals. No more clones, no more stabbing each other in the back for differing views. It's time for us to shine folks. It's there for the taking. Let's make sure that Galactica has an extremely bright future.

Don
Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:04 AM   #2
bsg1fan1975
Major

I agree Don. I have stated recently that I might give the new show a chance if the old actors are treated with respect they are due and the show is done right. Doesn't mean that I have gone over to the other side but I still hope for what we all were fighting for in the first place.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:07 AM   #3
Rowan
On Vacation...

I promise to do my best to shine Titon
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:23 AM   #4
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titon
I believe that we can coexist, it's time for all factions to lay down there arms and collectively work for each other's goals. No more clones, no more stabbing each other in the back for differing views. It's time for us to shine folks. It's there for the taking. Let's make sure that Galactica has an extremely bright future.Don
I'm not familiar with sort of ugliness has gone on in this forum in the last year since I'm a new member. I can only say though that while I remain adamant in my belief that RIchard joining this is not a good development for those who want continuation, and that the remake can not succeed if a continuation is to get started, I have no objections to "coexisting" with those who think otherwise even when maintaining my own convictions. We can have discussions on those points that we feel deeply about without any flaming, stabbing etc. and I will certainly be trying to do my part on that.
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:36 AM   #5
amberstar
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titon

I have a feeling with Richard's announcement here of another round of battles begining but they will not happen here. I for one hope everyone will finally open there eyes to what is happening here and it makes me even more motivated than ever to see the TOS back in some form once again.

I believe that we can coexist, it's time for all factions to lay down there arms and collectively work for each other's goals. No more clones, no more stabbing each other in the back for differing views. It's time for us to shine folks. It's there for the taking. Let's make sure that Galactica has an extremely bright future.

Don
Well said Don!
I agree Galactica does have a bright future if we all continue to work together and not let this fandom be torn apart from the inside. We have the chance to make our dreams a reality, we now need to "Keep the Faith" and work together.

Time to shine................... I like that!

Amber
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:44 AM   #6
CommanderTaggart
Warrior

Colonial Fan ForceFounder/President
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Agreed, Don. And I hope that fans on both sides of the aisle (regardless of where the popcorn is being served ) will agree that the CFF is providing the perfect forum for doing just that.

DeSanto and Larson are waiting to hear from us. Let's pull it together and 'Make it so.'
Old April 4th, 2004, 12:48 AM   #7
amberstar
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTaggart
Agreed, Don. And I hope that fans on both sides of the aisle (regardless of where the popcorn is being served ) will agree that the CFF is providing the perfect forum for doing just that.

DeSanto and Larson are waiting to hear from us. Let's pull it together and 'Make it so.'
I'm in complete agreement Commander! Well said
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2004, 01:15 AM   #8
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I hear and happily bow down to everyone in this thread.

I would also like to add, that me and Don have talked alot, and we have absolute faith in the old show. We believe with certainty it will be revived. Its a great show.

We've been saying it for awhile now. We believe in BG. it won't happen this year. But we believe it will happen. The story will not end until we see Galactica reach Earth. (and that 1980 thing don't count!)

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2004, 04:09 AM   #9
bsg1fan1975
Major

We all have to try for the sake of the show to get along!

Old April 4th, 2004, 05:13 AM   #10
Westy
Warrior

I know it's not the Galactica everyone wanted, but I for one think it'll be pretty awesome to see Richard Hatch playing in a substantive role in a show called "Battlestar Galactica" again. It's been 25 years, and that's 24 years too long of a wait. He won't be playing Apollo for us in this new version, but still, it's pretty darn cool for me. I also think CFF is the best thing to happen in fandom since the mini was announced, and it's heartening that both sides of fandom are actually of one mind in regards to CFF (with very few exceptions I might add). With Richard having a real role in the new BSG series, hopefully he'll bring in some of his loyal fans and keep high alot of the already considerable interest that alot of the TOS fans have in NeoGalactica. I can't think of a stronger way to show real interest in a TOS continuation than CFF combined with Richard's role in the new series.

There are those who believe, so say we all!
Westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2004, 10:42 AM   #11
nccdee
Warrior

I for one could have gone either way. One person does not make or break a show (ok, it has happened on "some" shows) but I am more concerned they focus on quality writing and great stories. I read they wanted Dirk Benedict to play the Officer on the Armistice Station, I was totally taken back and did not like the idea. Take a TOS cast members in cameo just so we can see him get killed in the first few minutes of the show? Sorry, but I don't believe this is being repectful to the actors or the fans.

RM seems to believe in story/character arch, which I like, would be welcome especially if it well written. I would not think that any producer would "ban" any actor from a show because of their prior experience with TOS, nor would I expect any actor to keep a door closed for future opportunity to be in a show. I respect Richard Hatch more since I read his letter at his website. He is still firm in his conviction about a continuation but is open to other possibilities. Good for him and good for us to see him on TV again.

As I said many times before, I like the mini and I look forward to seeing the series but my loyalty to any show is only as good as the quality writing and stories.

nccdee
nccdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2004, 10:44 AM   #12
bsg1fan1975
Major

As I see it this could go either way with Richard's participation!

Old April 5th, 2004, 03:39 PM   #13
Antelope

I would like nothing better than to watch Moore's Battlestar Galactica during its second season on Friday night sometime in 2006 and then head out on Saturday night to the theatre to see Dirk Benedict and the rest of the original crew that is still with us in the TOS continuation. I don't know if either of these two will come to be but I have hope and wish those working on both projects luck.
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:33 PM   #14
cranky1c
Warrior

And here I thought the next six months were going to be boring.

If anybody's interested, I think RH being part of neo-galactica is a good development for a few reasons. First, it gives an on-screen link between the old and new series that goes beyond name and story elements. Second, RH's on screen pressence on any BG series gives TOS a higher profile. Third, it represents a bridging of the gap that divides this deeply fractious fan base by two of the key players (RH&RDM)

Of course, this development has set off a tinderbox of tensions here and elsewhere, which I think comes as no surprise. Yet, I must say, I have only higher regard for folks like Commander Taggart, Jewels, Titon, Koenig and the CFF folks, who insist on being positive and working towards something. The future of this fan base (I hate the word fandom) is with you folks, because being for something gets you places, whereas simply being against something gets you nowhere.

Keep doing what your doing folks. My CFF check will be in the mail in the am.

Appreciatively,

C1C
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:53 PM   #15
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Thanks cranky1c. Your support means a lot.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2004, 06:57 PM   #16
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

MY Money order is already in the mail and should be there any day
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2004, 07:09 PM   #17
koenigrules
Warrior

Thank you cranky1c.
I'm going to remain focused on Galactica almost exclusively this next year- no matter what form it appears in.
Check this out. Some pretty cool merchandising with TOS is coming our way:
http://www.joyridestudios.com/bsg.asp

I started to get into Wonderfalls & Century City. Both were cancelled.
So instead of getting started on another new show, I will devote all my attention to BSG.
Take care,
KR
koenigrules is offline   Reply With Quote