Old July 10th, 2004, 05:15 AM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Default Stargate Season 8 was pretty good!

I enjoyed the season opener! I hope you guys did too.

We actually had quite a bit thrown in for two hours!

I'm going to have to write more on this... but its almost sunrise, and its been one of those bad computer nights.

So what did everyone think of it?

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2004, 02:55 PM   #2
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Liked it, even though the Carter subplot slowed it down some. Best part, O'Neill asking Teal'c about the hair.
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2004, 05:02 AM   #3
GalacticanCajun
Warrior

I really enjoyed the season 8 opener.
Old July 11th, 2004, 12:42 PM   #4
repcisg
Bad Email Address

repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2004, 12:42 PM   #5
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Most of it was good fun.
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2004, 06:37 PM   #6
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I thought the hair part was funny too!

And the way he turned Thor's lights on and off like a little kid! Oh the Asgard came close to ruing (sp?) the day they put O'Neill into one of their ships! DID THEY NOT SEE 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY???????

I did notice the Carter story was a little slow on editing. It could have felt more dramatic or speedy. But it was god to see that 5th..or was it 6th? com back. It was good to see stories extended logically. I thought the one the one thing really missing from the subplot was that the director never showed us the Replicant's love from his eyes. He told us he was in love. But dramatically...I never felt it. And I think that really hurt the subplot.

But Jack made a cool hologram. Kinda like Al in Quantum Leap!

Old July 11th, 2004, 10:24 PM   #7
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

IMHO, the programming of Sam replicator would seemingly mirror the real Sam. 5th should have downloaded enough information from Sam from the mind probes he did and observed/recorded her behavior and various voice patterns from the fantasy world he set up plus add in his own experiences. Then, if that is true, will we have an evil Sam running around? Or will the replicator Sam be too much like the real Sam (like the robots duplicates in the Tin Man and Double Jeopardy episodes). In any case it would provide interesting stories for future episodes. Just hope the writers don't do a lot of replicator story arcs and the Azgard's supply Earth with the weapon Jack made. The replicators are ok for an episode or 2 a season, but not as the main villian.

There were many funny scenes in the New Order episodes. Besides the ones mentioned in other posts, Thor peeking out from under his console after Jack zaps the replicator to dust and Jack saying "Well I had to do something". I was surprised Jack didn't take a few shots at the replicator ship before it escaped. Might have delayed the takeoff long enough to be destroyed by Thor. Dr Weir asking for/demanding Baal's territories, ships, and possessions when he was defeated with Earth's help was funny too. It was never explained how or who set off the bomb on the mothership headed to earth. The Tok'ra? or Baal?
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2004, 10:42 PM   #8
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Replicators look like Erector sets run amuck.

Quote:
It was never explained how or who set off the bomb on the mothership headed to earth. The Tok'ra? or Baal?
I thought Baal did it?

Old July 12th, 2004, 06:08 AM   #9
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
Replicators look like Erector sets run amuck.

I thought Baal did it?
I agree about the Replicators, but they are also a lot like bugs and they creep me out.

Ba'al did blow the ship up and I am glad they are using him as the villain (at least for a while) because I have a feeling he and Jack have some unresolved business. (as in a return in kind for the butt-kicking torture that Ba'al inflicted on our poor hero.)

And what's up with that Goa'uld defecting? Let's hope they do something with that subplot and don't just leave it on the back burner for eternity like they have with some other potentially cool stories. (I know, I know, so many stories, so little time, but a Goa'uld seeking asylum from the Tau'ri?!)

As for Fifth not showing much emotion, he is just a highly advanced machine. The fact that he feels anything at all is incredible. I think that he played it the way it should have been played. The emotions are new to him and he isn't quite sure how to handle them. I loved Amanda's comment in Lowdown, "He's the prettiest villain..."

As for Jack not shooting the Replicator ship, he thought Sam was on it and I don't think he could force himself to take such direct action against her. He took a chance that Fifth wouldn't go through with his threat, but direct action against someone he cares about deeply would make anyone hesitate.

I thought the exchanges between Sam and Teal's on the cargo ship were great. His one word answers to all those personal questions were so frustrating to her, but the minute he mentioned her personal life she clammed up, too.

Can you tell that I really liked this episode and I am so happy that SG-1 is back on the air for another season? And, I am willing to give Atlantis a try, so let's hope that it lves up to at least some of our expectations.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2004, 08:53 AM   #10
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I enjoyed it, but I am not quite sure where they are going with the Sam that Fifth made..... I hope the replicators don't make it to Atlantis....but they would give the Wraith a good run......
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 02:12 PM   #11
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Thumbs up

I just love it, it was a great beginning. I have to agree with the thing about Teal'c hair. That was funny and also the thing about the lights.

Quote:
And what's up with that Goa'uld defecting? Let's hope they do something with that subplot and don't just leave it on the back burner for eternity like they have with some other potentially cool stories. (I know, I know, so many stories, so little time, but a Goa'uld seeking asylum from the Tau'ri?!)
I agree with unowhoandwhy, I really love to see more about this. Is the first goaul'd in exile. They have to elaborate in that. And of course, I just love to see Steve Bacic as guest star again.

After missing half of Season 7, I'm just glad to see Stargate again. I just love this series. And I'm looking forward to see more about Ba'al, as unowhoandwhy said he and Jack definitely have unresolved business. All the thing with the replicators is looking good also, is going to be an amazing season by the looks of the premiere.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote