Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old November 9th, 2003, 01:55 AM   #1
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Default "I don't know who leaked it." - FELGERCARB!!

This is very, very incorrect.

Ron, you really should get your facts correct on this, lest those that know come forward to set the record straight.

Michael
:colwar:

-=-

57. CA Chat: Was the miniseries already greenlit when you leaked the draft script late last year?

Ron Moore: First, I didn't leak the script. I don't know who leaked it. I don't remember the exact sequence of events between when that script was leaked versus events on the production but I recall that the script hit the internet well after.
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2003, 02:32 AM   #2
jjrakman

Heck, let those who know come forward anyway!
Old November 9th, 2003, 02:44 AM   #3
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

its okay michael. It don't really matter.

It was kinda cool that it did happen. It let people know what's coming.

Its not cool that Moore would mislead us, but well... whatelse is new with this production.

Lets focus on getting DeSanto as much support as we can.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2003, 03:03 AM   #4
jjrakman

Good call Thomas. I mean really, now that we have the prospect of a Larson DeSanto continuation movie, who gives a rats @$$ about the mini anymore. Let it fade to where it belongs: oblivion.
Old November 9th, 2003, 06:47 AM   #5
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Why we keep wasting our time on Moore is beyond me. With the future looking bright, we have better things to do than waste our time with Ron, Apothis, and the other fools who would destroy this fanbase. We need guidance and a leader. I propose myself again to fill the vacuum.

Last edited by kingfish; November 9th, 2003 at 12:44 PM..
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2003, 09:16 AM   #6
amberstar
Strike Leader

Good call everyone, I agree that we should focus on DeSanto and Larson and forget about Moore. Wounds go deep but we can't change what Moore has done, what we can do is help pave the road to the future. Hopefully a future that will include a continuation that will live up to BSG TOS.

Kingfish, you would do well as a leader. It is a lot to take on, but if your'e willing I will help support you any way I can.
Your'e the only person that I know of that has offered to take on the lead. You are a BRAVE man

Amber
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2003, 10:14 AM   #7
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

If Mr. Moore has lied, and that can be proven even in one instance, it should. It would thereby acknowledge that he has been capable of telling less-than-the-truth. Therefore his versions of everything can be regarded as subjective and not fact. But that's only if it can be proven. Otherwise we just come back around to the whole "he said/she said/they said" process we've been enduring since the whole reimagining atrocity began.

-Edward James Olmos
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2003, 11:15 AM   #8
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

Quote:
Originally posted by AlternityOrange
If Mr. Moore has lied, and that can be proven even in one instance, it should. It would thereby acknowledge that he has been capable of telling less-than-the-truth. Therefore his versions of everything can be regarded as subjective and not fact. But that's only if it can be proven. Otherwise we just come back around to the whole "he said/she said/they said" process we've been enduring since the whole reimagining atrocity began.
I can prove it with evidence. In fact, I've kept my copy of the proof which I'm inferring to. (And Edward Havens (filmjerk.com) and other folks, who were given copies of the script in late 2002, could verify themselves, if willing.)

The question begs, it was based on a gentleman's agreement not to disclose where I got the script from for reviewing purposes. Do I now break that agreement because the Truth isn't being stated within that Q&A? Does that negate/nullify my gentleman's agreement?

I agree, too, with Jaeson (jjrakman) and Paul (kingfish) that we don't need to give this mini-series any additional attention. When I saw that false statement by Ron Moore in the Cylon.org Q&A, I felt it necessary to say something.

C'mon, Ron. I know you read the bboards. Set the record straight on the false Cylon.org Q&A answer you gave, as cited above.

Michael
:colwar:
Old November 9th, 2003, 11:58 AM   #9
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

I'm inclined to believe Moore had lied numerous times. Some are "little whites" that can be ascribed to individual interpretations. But others are major flat-out whoppers that color the whole event.

I base my belief about his professionalism based on things I've been told by several different people, including those completely removed from the BSG production. Others think he's completely 100% honest though and a heck of a guy.

So my point was, if it can be proven he's lied once, that throws everything he's ever said into question. But without the proof it's just up to everybody what they personally are inclined to believe.

-Edward James Olmos
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2003, 12:41 PM   #10
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

I agree with Thomas... at this point, it doesn't matter. We need to focus on future positives, not old deceptions.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2003, 12:50 PM   #11
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I just want to say thank you to Michael for the little bit of added info. its kinda sad to hear when someone has lied to you. But its good to know so you aren't kept being played like a fool.

Thanks Michael from me, michele (we're talking now) and all of fleets!

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2003, 05:56 PM   #12
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I'll come FORWARD alright ................as soon as
I finish :upchuck: :upchuck: :upchuck: :upchuck: :upchuck:
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2003, 08:30 PM   #13
Stray Viper
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by jjrakman
Good call Thomas. I mean really, now that we have the prospect of a Larson DeSanto continuation movie, who gives a rats @$$ about the mini anymore. Let it fade to where it belongs: oblivion.
Well said by both of you! And, with December come and gone, and the miniseries behind us, then I'll share that sentiment. Until that time, I want to continue to be the little squeaky wheel.

Now on the subject ... I always considered it strange that Moore would leak his own script, especially given uproar over the changes he was making to the BSG mythology. What could he possibly have been thinking? What advantage would there be? I've never known any other writer or producer that ever wanted their script leaked out.
Old November 11th, 2003, 09:29 AM   #14
repcisg
Bad Email Address

I've really had enough of Moore and SciFi we need to move forward.
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2003, 10:34 AM   #15
larocque6689
Warrior

Michael,

I was there at the chat when the question was asked. Actually, I was the one who asked it. This was partly in response to what I viewed as misinformation from the TrekLord entity from December of last year, where I think he flat out said that the script was published BECAUSE the miniseries had not been greenlit. I generally placed little credence in the source but felt like following it up with RDM.

RDM started composing his response... then halfway completing his sentence ("I don't know who leaked it..." decided not to finish it. I thought that was interesting. Interpret it any way you'd like.

He then started a new line stating he wasn't sure of the sequence of events but that was sure that by the time the script reached your hot little hands, the project was already greenlit.

My response to those who don't like discussing either the chat or RDM or this specific question: deal with it. The forum is called G2003 and this thread is entirely appropriate to the discussion. Excuse the combattive tone, but if you don't want to read about the mini or RDM, then don't go into the forum. It doesn't make sens to go into this froum and then say the topic shouldn't be discussed.

Thanks for the reply, Michael. And thanks for being here.

Last edited by larocque6689; November 11th, 2003 at 10:41 AM..
larocque6689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2003, 06:44 AM   #16
Trevor Angelus
Warrior

Default And Moore Called Himself A Fan Of The Series B S!

What REALLY steams me is his complacency about sex on television. He says that its okay to show it because everyone else is doing it. He even said he would rather let his kids watch that kinda trash than someone getting their brains blown out. Well WHY HAVE EITHER! Just because someone else is doing it doesn't mean you should! One thing I liked about Galactica was it's HIGH moral standards, Moore completely sullied each and every one of the characters noble aspects. Why? Because people aren't perfect? DUH! These characters gave us something to aspire to!
Another thing that he said that really yanked my chain was that he didn't want to use Athena as a pilot instead of Starbuck because it meant changing the character, AND HE DIDN'T WANT TO DO THAT? What the hell do you call making Starbuck a WOMAN?

I think Moore is deliberatly thumbing his nose at the fans because he knows there is nothing we can do and also because he wants to see if he can disturb the "calm" we have about this situation.
Old November 13th, 2003, 03:18 PM   #17
HubcapDave

Default I know I'm jumping into this late, but....

I'm going to anyway.

When I first read that question over at CA, I thought it was referring to when the script got out to the public, not when Michael, Edward and others recieved their copies for review.

Michael, I submit to you that Moore answered the way he did because he understood the question the same way I did, and does not consider that when he gave you that copy (as what seems to be the case here) that he was "leaking" it.
Old November 13th, 2003, 04:03 PM   #18
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

Would the moderators please close/remove this thread? Thank you.

Michael