Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old November 3rd, 2018, 02:25 PM   #1
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Default Lorne Greene and John Colicos audio play release

Double disc set includes The Colonial Keystone: Pennsylvania and a free bonus disc of Heart of Darkness (with Battlestar Galactica cast mate John Colicos)

OUT NOW !

For the first time ever, two rare audio plays starring Lorne Greene, of Bonanza and Battlestar Galactica fame, have been released on CD.

The Colonial Keystone tells the story of the formation of the State of Pennsylvania and was released on LP only in 1976. This is the first re-release in over 40 years and has been freshly transferred from the perfectly preserved original multi-track master tapes. The sound quality of the recording is impeccable and it sounds as if it was recorded yesterday.

A sample of The Colonial Keystone can be heard here: https://youtu.be/UvLk6j9NC0s

Also included is a free second disc (the wholesale price of the product is that of a 1 CD release) featuring a 1951 recording of the Joseph Conrad play Heart of Darkness, starring of Lorne Greene and John Colicos (who played Adama and Baltar respectively in Battlestar Galactica). The sound quality shows it???s age but has been professionally restored to the best possible fidelity.

This release features new artwork and has been approved by the Estates of Lorne Greene and John Colicos ??? namely approved by Gillian Greene and Edmund Colicos.

Gillian Greene said this of the re-release: ???It was a pleasure to have been involved in the creative process to create this re-release of two of my father???s spoken word titles, including hearing the audio and approving the new artwork. I recall the pride he had in his recordings and it???s wonderful that people can once again hear these parts of my father???s recorded legacy.???

This 2 CD release can be found on Amazon via this link: http://geni.us/Lorne

Heart of Darkness is only included on the CD edition, however, The Colonial Keystone is also available for download on iTunes: http://geni.us/LorneDig
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2018, 02:29 PM   #2
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

Default Re: Lorne Greene and John Colicos audio play release

It was my pleasure to release this 2CD set, with the kind approval of the two estates, so I hope people will check it out !!!
Old June 10th, 2019, 10:23 PM   #3
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

I just ordered a copy from Amazon! It should be interesting to hear them acting together pre-Galactica.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 05:47 PM   #4
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

Thanks Eric...every sale helps me do more of these niche products.

The 1951 recording is obviously a recording of that era of studio equipment, but if you lean in and listen closely, I got into the story and the performance.

I wanted portions of these recordings for another project, as well as releasing them intact, but more on that another time...
Old June 14th, 2019, 01:10 PM   #5
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Went through the Heart of Darkness. I have to admit I've never read it or seen "Apocalypse Now" which I know comes from it, so this was my first introduction to the story! I figured that Lorne was going to be the Kurz character and he was appropriate for it with that voice. Took me a little longer for my ear to detect John's voice in the ensemble.

Was this from a specific CBC series?
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote