Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 25th, 2003, 01:29 PM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default OT: Lost in Space TV Movie News

From the Sci-Fi wire:

Lost Possibly Found Again?

S.S. Wilson, co-writer of the tentatively titled Lost in Space: The Journey Home, told SCI FI Wire that the proposed Lost in Space television reunion movie and backdoor pilot might still come together, despite the death last November of original series star Jonathan Harris. "It was derailed a little bit, and we were all deeply saddened by the loss of Jonathan Harris, because he was written into it in a big way," Wilson said in an interview. "The producer there and the engine behind that project, Kevin Burns, is talking with me and my partner, Brent Maddock, about ways to revise it now to deal with the fact Jonathan is no longer here."

Wilson added, "We've got a really good take on what to do, and once Brent and I get any time at all, we're possibly going to do a revision and get it back on track. Everybody's still very excited about it. Reunion shows are very, very popular on television right now, and there's a lot of interest in it for that reason alone." Wilson said that Burns has managed to keep the original cast members interested and involved.

The proposed television movie would bring the Jupiter II crew home and, in the process, strand a new group of people in space. Wilson said that Burns came to him in part because of his work on the SCI FI Channel's upcoming original show Tremors: The Series. Burns told Wilson, "'Here's the problem: How do you find the original people and then end up lost yourself?' That was one of the bigger problems Brent and I solved in the script. But I will maintain the secrecy of that in case it ever gets made."
Old March 25th, 2003, 01:36 PM   #2
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

Default Hmmmm

LIS had it's reimagining come and go, and now there is talk of a reunion/spinoff with original cast members.

Too bad we may have to wait for this Moore travesty to pass before someone realizes the value of combining the original cast with new. Bridge the gap.

Possibly someone will wake up over at Universal, save themselves some time and money, and give us a production that keeps the original alive, reuniting us with the original characters and introducing us to the new generation.

Will they ever get it?
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2003, 01:50 PM   #3
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

I hope they get it, and quickly, David.
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2003, 01:53 PM   #4
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default I would gladly watch that

Now that I would watch!

Two-Brain
TwoBrainedCylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2003, 01:56 PM   #5
the3rdhuman
Bad Email Address

Default Sounds pretty good to me

I'd watch too.
the3rdhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2003, 02:03 PM   #6
the3rdhuman
Bad Email Address

Default Sounds pretty good to me

I'd watch too.
Old March 25th, 2003, 02:06 PM   #7
the3rdhuman
Bad Email Address

Default Sorry

Double-posting moron that I am
Old March 25th, 2003, 03:03 PM   #8
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Married With Children

Even the Bundy's got together again.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2003, 03:35 PM   #9
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

I'd definitely watch, especially if Kevin Burns is involved.

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2003, 10:23 PM   #10
sdoziernc1
Bad Email Address

Default I'd watch too

Why can't they get it right?
sdoziernc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2003, 11:19 PM   #11

Default To much time?

Quote:
Originally posted by David Kerin
LIS had it's reimagining come and go, and now there is talk of a reunion/spinoff with original cast members.

Too bad we may have to wait for this Moore travesty to pass before someone realizes the value of combining the original cast with new. Bridge the gap.

Possibly someone will wake up over at Universal, save themselves some time and money, and give us a production that keeps the original alive, reuniting us with the original characters and introducing us to the new generation.

Will they ever get it?
Some people say that a contnuation of Galactica won't work because to much time has past. But this show has been off air air for over 30 years and some still want to do a reunion/spinoff with original cast members. I will watch if it gets made. The one thing I would change is replace the robot with a Cylon.

Jim:colwar:
Old March 28th, 2003, 09:18 AM   #12
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Hey kingfish

Married With Children had a reunion movie or something? When was this. I'm a huge Married with Children fan loved those Bundy's.(No not Ted? Al people) after 11 Seasons there were going to get another season which would have pushed the series into the stratosphere (1 million an episode i heard ) but it got cancelled. Now they are back again?

Please tell me more.
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2003, 12:27 PM   #13
sdoziernc1
Bad Email Address

Default "Married...with Children"

Fox aired a "Married...with Children" reunion special on Sunday, Feb. 16 which basicallly was a filmclip retrospective. It showed all of the original cast (Ed O'Neill, Christina Applegate, Katey Segal, David Fausitino - I think that's right) sitting around discussing their memories of the original show on a set that was rebuilt to resemble the Bundys' living room. Amanda Bearse and both of the actors who played her husbands were also there. It was a one-hour discussion/clipfest that was shown in their original Sunday night at 9pm. time slot, and it got very good ratings - it was in the Top 20 for the week. The original show was cancelled because Fox made the stupid decision of putting "Married" on Saturday nights as an attempt to turn Saturday into a comedy night. It got horrible ratings - it was the only season in which Fox aired alternate programming on Saturdays other than their "Cops" and "America's Most Wanted" series. There was a huge outcry from the law enforcement community as well as viewers when those shows were taken off Saturday night. "Married" eventually landed on Monday where I think it ended.

PS. Ed O'Neill was great as Al Bundy but Joe Friday, he's not...
sdoziernc1 is offline   Reply With Quote