Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old November 20th, 2003, 01:47 PM   #1
Faust
Shuttle Pilot

Default What is your least favorite episode?

My least fav episode of the show would have to be the young lords. I just thought it was kind of a silly episode and why did spectre have that candy cane striped suit on? it made him look kind of fruity.
Old November 21st, 2003, 06:32 AM   #2
Trevor Angelus
Warrior

Default Don't have one

But my favorite is The Magnificent Warriors! Adama in action! Also it has all the best things that made the show great, humor, great characterization, and great character intergratition!
Old November 21st, 2003, 12:09 PM   #3
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

The Young Lords...it starts off great and tanks as soon as the kids show up. One other problem with that episode that really bugs me.

Starbuck: I can only fly dead ahead

Boomer: What luck an M class planet dead ahead
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2003, 09:43 PM   #4
amberstar
Strike Leader

I know that I'm going to get slamed for this, but mine was The Gun on Ice Planet Zero. I know a lot of people view this as an excellent episode but for me it is my least fave.
I can't pinpoint any one reson why but I've noticed every time that I watch it I fast forward through most of it.
(I do like the way it shows a deeper side to Starbuck's character, how he risks so much to save one of his men). Other than that, it just doesn't hold my attention like the other episodes do.
Old November 22nd, 2003, 05:49 AM   #5
JLHurley
Warrior

No doubt that someone's least favorite episode is also inevitably someone's favorite episode.

Although it's rather silly and I don't especially like kid-related episodes in SF, YOUNG LORDS has long been a "guilty pleasure" of mine. As for my least favorite--

I used to really dislike LOST WARRIOR but I've since warmed up to it (although it's far, far from a fave of mine), and the second hour of GREETINGS FROM EARTH makes me cringe (but there are parts of the first hour I rather like)...

...but my #1 least favorite episode is MAGNIFICENT WARRIORS. Sorry MW fans!
Old November 22nd, 2003, 06:02 AM   #6
Starbuck
I'm 100% female

Quote:
Originally posted by JLHurley
No doubt that someone's least favorite episode is also inevitably someone's favorite episode.
Tell me about! I like The Young Lords. After watching all the episodes on DVD, I find I don't dislike any of them. I even manage to get through the second hour of Greetings From Earth without throwing something at the TV. I've become mellow in my old age!
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2003, 08:30 AM   #7
amberstar
Strike Leader

I don't "dislike" any of the episodes either. Honestly I don't think that there were enough episodes of TOS.

I guess there are just some that we like more than others. My favorite would be hands down The Living Legend! I could watch that episode 24/7
Old November 22nd, 2003, 10:48 AM   #8
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Aside from the Hector/Vector singing and dance number in "Greetings From Earth"...

And aside from the joystick control during the firefight fiasco in "Take the Celestra"... (Side note: didn't Riker also do the joystick thing in "Star Trek: Insurrection"?)

I'd say: "The Magnificient Warriors." The western frontier bit was overused in "The Lost Warrior"; I didn't care for it again in "TMW."

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2003, 12:54 PM   #9
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

I enjoy them all, I think to many people bag on GFE specially the second hour because of one lousy song and dance number. GFE was an outstanding and important episode for Battlestar. Of course if Gun on Ice Planet Zero is your least favorite your just plain crazy :p
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2003, 11:49 AM   #10
Bijou88

Since Battlestar Galactica is such a finite reasource, you have to appreciate each episode as a brief visit to a fantastic universe. That said, my least favorite is "The Lost Warrior." I think they went a bit overboard with "the western in space" thing. I find the metal cowboy hats to be silly and the "uh-uh" uttered by Red-eye to be cringe inducing. The plot is a retread of "Shane." It bugs me that Lecerta doesn't really get his come-uppance at the end. Additionally, I don't like that Apollo promises to come back and visit Puppis and his mom when he knows that he will never be back to that planet again. Other than that, I can live with the episode. The second half of "Greetings From Earth" is also a long slog. In any event, the worst episode you could imagine of the original series will be infinitely better than the upcpming mini-series on the Sci-Fi Channel.
Old November 23rd, 2003, 06:10 PM   #11
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

When it was first-run I didn't care for the Ship of Lights stuff, I didn't think religion belonged in sci-fi, but have since changed my thinking.
So now I guess I'll just say whichever ep had the least ammount of Starbuck.

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2003, 08:06 PM   #12
originalsinner

Default !

My least Fave is "The Magnificent Warriors" only becouse of Brett Summers She cant act and is only good in "Match Game" GOIPZ one of the best! And Hector+Dector= Jar Jar Binkes! by George
Old November 25th, 2003, 08:20 PM   #13
amberstar
Strike Leader

LoL Sept17th... I've been accused of that before

Amber
Old November 25th, 2003, 10:26 PM   #14
dec5
Warrior

Default Hmmmm

The ones with no Maren in it.
dec5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2003, 05:36 AM   #15
Trevor Angelus
Warrior

Default In defense of GFE

Granted it was out of place in an ep of BSG, but come on the Hector and Vector dance? This was Ray Bolger and Bobby Van! 2 legends. Personally I liked it. Of course the only movies I was allowed to watch back then were from around their times, where that sort of thing was common!