Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old June 18th, 2003, 11:05 PM   #1
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Default The TV Show I'd Like To See As a Feature Film

The Six Million Dollar Man. I remember Kevin Smith wanted to do features based on the four novels which inspired the TV series. My choice to portray Colonel Steve Austin in an updated retelling of "Cyborg", Nathan Fillion(Malcom Reynolds of Firefly).
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2003, 09:13 AM   #2
jjrakman

What about Luke Wilson? If he'd comb his hair I think he could look the part of an Air Force pilot.
Old June 19th, 2003, 04:33 PM   #3
Guinan

Default The TV Show I'd Like To See As a Feature Film

Farscape.

It got yanked before they could write a decent end to the show. Fans were cheated out of the fifth season.
Old June 20th, 2003, 10:39 AM   #4
Artemis
Warrior

I would love to see Farscape on the big screen. It didn't only get cheated out of a 5th season but out of many, it could have had a long run if scifi hadn't done everything to sabotage the ratings, moving it around, splitting the season up, advertising other shows that ran at the same time on other channels.... and then pulling it.
Old June 20th, 2003, 05:14 PM   #5
Guinan

Proving once again that Bonnie hammer does not know good Sci Fi.. Has anyone seen 'Tremors'? :upchuck:
Old June 20th, 2003, 05:59 PM   #6
CommanderTaggart
Warrior

Colonial Fan ForceFounder/President
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

I'm torn... I'd like to see THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO make it to the big screen... and I understand that a project to do just that is underway. But, from what I've read, it looks like the project is going to be Disneyfied... and the protaganist will be an avid comic book fan rather than just a normal guy.

I thought it was Ralph's total lack of knowledge of comicbookdom that made his stuff so charming. The scene where the kid has to teach him how to fly is one of my most vivid memories from the series.

Though it's not exactly SciFi... I'd love to see HOGAN'S HEROES made into a feature film... though I guess there are some PC issues. I think it could be cool with the advances in special effects But I think Kevin Spacey would be a great choice for Klink. Maybe George Wendt for Shultz? Rick Moranis would have been my top choice for Carter a couple of years ago... Eddie Murphy for Kinchloe?
CommanderTaggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2003, 06:22 PM   #7
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Guinan wrote:
Quote:
Proving once again that Bonnie hammer does not know good Sci Fi.. Has anyone seen 'Tremors'?
That's one I made a specific, well-thought-out, deliberate effort to avoid.......

To answer the question, though = Six Million Dollar Man (although in today's dollars it's probably 106 million) - just campy enough to work.

Back in the 70s - this is slightly off the subject but not really - the comic book "Captain Marvel" changed it's story slightly - Captain Marvel was thrown into another dimension, and wound up being able to swap places with an earthman when the earthman slammed these two bracelets together over his head (anybody remember that?) The earthman happened to be a friend of Bruce Banner's.....

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing that made into a movie.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2003, 11:50 AM   #8
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Originally posted by Dawg
Quote:
Back in the 70s - this is slightly off the subject but not really - the comic book "Captain Marvel" changed it's story slightly - Captain Marvel was thrown into another dimension, and wound up being able to swap places with an earthman when the earthman slammed these two bracelets together over his head (anybody remember that?) The earthman happened to be a friend of Bruce Banner's.....

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing that made into a movie.
The teenager was Rick Jones, who was also Captain America's sidekick for a while.

This Captain Marvel appeared in Marvel Comics and is no way related to the original Captain Marvel now owned by DC Comics and the subject of the live action Filmation show from the 70s SHAZAM!

Regards,

Peter
Old June 24th, 2003, 02:42 PM   #9
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

I believe Adam Sandler was offered the lead role in the planned Greatest American Hero feature. I hope they get Mike Post back to write the music and Joey Scarbury to do the vocals. You can't do GAH properly without these guys involved. Here's a story idea, the aliens return to Earth and give the suit to a different character. Robert Culp needs to reprise his role as Bill Maxwell. Maybe this time, he's the head of the FBI. He hears news reports about a UFO sighting. He sees footage of the thing on the local news. I can imagine his reaction.
Old June 24th, 2003, 08:14 PM   #10
CommanderTaggart
Warrior

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

I would LOVE to see Culp come back! But they'll never do it. It would make too much sense, and please too many existing fans.

That's pretty taboo these days.

I remember reading somewhere that they were looking at Tommy Lee Jones to play Bill Maxwell.

Maybe, then, Will Smith plays Ralph?

Anyhow... everything I read suggested the movie would bear little resemblance to the original (sound familiar?). It would be a "reimagining" rather than a continuation... Ralph wouldn't even be a schoolteacher! The way I read it, he'd be some huge comic book fan!

Thing is, though, I found tons of info posted on the web in like 2000 and 2001... and little info since.

Has anyone heard anymore about this project recently? Did it get shelved?
Old June 25th, 2003, 09:54 AM   #11
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

I was thinking that Tommy Lee Jones would fit the part of Oscar Goldman in a Cyborg adaption.
Old June 25th, 2003, 04:21 PM   #12
CommanderTaggart
Warrior

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

You know, I meant it as a joke... but the more I think about it... I think I LIKE Will Smith as the new GAH!

I have systematically refused to acknowledge any suggestion that the part could ever be offered to Adam Sandler. "Happy Hinckley?" Nooooooo!!!

But, seriously... I think Will Smith would be great in the part. And he's work well with either Tommy Lee Jones OR Bill Culp! There's not much age difference between Culp and Jones, is there?

Bah... they'd pick Jones for "box office draw."

But I could see Smith now... all cocky that he didn't NEED the frickin' manual... then flying straight into the side of a building. And it would be a nice twist on the MIB dynamic because now Smith, with the powers of the suit, would have the upper hand!

But I ABSOLUTELY ADORE captmiloman's idea of a CONTINUATION with Culp! It's been 20 years since we've heard from the aliens or seen the suit (which Ralph long ago put behind him in order to focus on his career and his marriage to Pam and raising Kevin... remember Kevin?)

Culp starts hearing radio traffic about UFO sightings over the desert... and immediately heads out there... to find Smith, a young hotshot lawyer engaged to a beautiful high school special-ed teacher, standing beside his disabled BMW staring up at a hovering spacecraft as a small, alien-look box descends along a shaft of light emanating from the bottom of the ship.

A stunned Smith looks up at Culp, who just smiles as the digital tuner on the stereo of his Federal-issue 2001 Chevrolet Caprice goes crazy.

Katt could even make a cameo as a School Administrator or something.

Damn... I'm loving this! Anyone want to loan me $60-million or so to make it?
Old June 25th, 2003, 05:10 PM   #13
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

I am also a fan of WWII movies. I would like to see a big screen adaptation of Black Sheep Squadron. I loved the TV series with Robert Conrad.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2003, 12:39 PM   #14
Senmut
Strike Leader

Call me thick, but I don't see why there would be PC issues with a Hogan's Heroes movie. The folks in the original, Werner Klemperer, John Banner, Leon Askin, et al, had lost family to the Nazis, and seen their beloved Austria wrecked. The whole idea was to mock and ridicule the Germans as much as possible. Klemperer even had it written into his contract that Col. Klink could never win!
Call me insensitivem but what's to be PC about? It was the '40s, for crying out loud.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2003, 12:41 PM   #15
jjrakman

What about Rat Patrol?
Old July 14th, 2003, 07:41 AM   #16
Shatter
Bad Email Address

It would be great to see a big screen version of Black Sheep. Being a fan of some of the old western shows, I'd love to see someone make a big screen version of Paladin. I've also been a longtime fan of Get Smart. I think you could do a lot of clever things with a movie version of that series.
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2003, 08:49 AM   #17
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Default Re: The TV Show I'd Like To See As a Feature Film

Quote:
Originally posted by Guinan
Farscape.

It got yanked before they could write a decent end to the show. Fans were cheated out of the fifth season.
Giunan...you will be pleased to know that they are putting into the works; a miniseries of Farscape to give it closure...and I have a feeling that they will judge the ratings and the intrest of the people as to whether or not to bring it back......seeing the large outcry of the loyal fans. The Scapers have spent thousands and thousands of dolllars to bring it back...and I think they are being heard....and thay do need to retire Ms. Hammer.....I have seen Tremors and Scare Tactics...and you are so right....makes me want to hurl.....................

Last edited by emerita; July 21st, 2003 at 08:55 AM..
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2003, 11:54 AM   #18
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally posted by Shatter
It would be great to see a big screen version of Black Sheep. Being a fan of some of the old western shows, I'd love to see someone make a big screen version of Paladin. I've also been a longtime fan of Get Smart. I think you could do a lot of clever things with a movie version of that series.
Don Adama reprised his role as Maxwell Smart on the big screen back in 1980. The movie was titled "The Nude Bomb". It was retitled "The Return Of Maxwell Smart" when it aired on TV. Unfortunately, Barbera Feldon didn't reprise her role as 99 in this film. The actor who portrayed "the chief" had passed away at that point.
Old July 21st, 2003, 02:33 PM   #19
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Edward Platt

He was the chief on the original Get Smart TV series. The part was played by Dana Elcar in the movie titled "The Nude Bomb."
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2003, 03:50 PM   #20
Artemis
Warrior

Default Re: Re: The TV Show I'd Like To See As a Feature Film

Quote:
Originally posted by emerita
Giunan...you will be pleased to know that they are putting into the works; a miniseries of Farscape to give it closure... .................
Where did you hear this? I have been out of the loop lately, on vacation, but I was searching the savefarscape news and didn't see anything about it except a report that there was no announcement made at comiccon but the panelists were aware of 'the rumor', it didn't say what the rumor was and I was out of town and missed comiccon this year.
Figures Richard Hatch was there all 4 days this year and only one last year when I was there the whole time.
Old July 25th, 2003, 02:11 PM   #21
cobrastrikelead
Bad Email Address

Default Magnum PI or Hawii 5-0

Magnum with original cast. 5-0 done in the same style as the original. The CSI people might handle it well because there was a lot of methodology in the show. Black Sheep of course.
cobrastrikelead is offline   Reply With Quote