Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 1st, 2003, 01:49 AM   #1
SS1

Thumbs up OT I declined Star Trek:TNG DVDs

The other day my brother bought me the entire season 5 of ST: TNG on DVD from The Whiz for my birthday.

In it's day ST:TNG was my favorite show and I was pretty bummed out for a while after the final episode "All Good Things".

Eventually The X-Files got me through it.

Thank You Chris Carter!

Anyway I saw Ronald D Moore's name all over the bonus features and I couldn't bring my self to watch it.

Needless to say I thanked my brother for the wonderful thought that went into the gift but I had to ask him if he minded if I trade it in for the entire 6TH season of The X-Files and I did so.

I am not entirely sure if Moore gets a small cut in any of the DVD merchandises but I felt better knowing that Chris Carter got my money instead of Ron Moore.

Besides like I said before I couldn't bring myself to watch it anyway. Especially after reading Moore's letter to the fans. I was deeply offended. It's going to a long time before I can watch anything that spawn from Ronald D Moore past, present and future.

Note I would feel the same resentment if Chris Carter was the one reimagining BSG in this manner.

Is it normal behavior to have these feelings like these?

Last edited by Scooter2000; March 1st, 2003 at 01:58 AM..
Old March 1st, 2003, 08:43 AM   #2
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Yes. What many of these people don't understand, or choose to gloss over, is that in a media or entertainment business, your entire world is based on
acceptance. You can have the best book, screenplay, performance, whatever in the word, and if no one cares for it, it won't be successful. But no one likes to admit that they need that approval to succed. Many rely on ego to try and convince you that if you have any sense, you will support their product.

Where I'm goign with this is that in this kind of business, a good relationship with the fans- the people who give you their money for your rpoduct, directly or indirectly- is essential. It can be very damaging if the writer/ performer/ whoever basically pisses off ther supporters, because you lose support across the board. Reputation is important, and Mr. Moore is damaging his in very important areas, whether he chooses to admit it or not.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2003, 10:11 AM   #3

I dunno.

I tend to separate art from artist.

Otherwise I would enver watch anything given these dysfunctional idiots.
Old March 1st, 2003, 02:35 PM   #4
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I'd say it's normal. Most people don't separate art from artist. For instance, my mother won't watch anything with Charles Grodin in it because of a character he played in an episode of Laverne & Shirley, it's no different from someone refusing to shop in a store because they got treated rudely by someone who worked there. It's all about the customer being right, and anyone who wants to sell you something should know it.

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote