Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old September 27th, 2006, 12:48 PM   #1
spcglider
Squadron Leader

Cool Buck Rogers: Journey To Oasis

I was watching the old Buck Rogers episode "Journey To Oasis" from Season 2 (the one with Mark Leonard as the head-popping embassador... hmmm... any connection to "Journey To Babel"?).

If anyone is interested in getting some really decent footage of the classic Galactica shuttle crashing on a desert planet for their fan film, THIS is the place to find it.

I was watching a few episodes and kept seeing Galactica props and stuff showing up.

The episode where Buck is being scanned by the Draconians so they can make Buck clones (called Zygots), he's being held in the chair by a strap that is buckled (ostensibly) with Count Iblis' medallion!

Of course, the Cylon hand held scanner device is seen many times over in the show. The episode where they're trying to plop a huge chunk of frozen oxygen into the atmosphere to replenish it, there's a guy in the background using it at Directorate Headquarters.

I also noticed that they were having a really fun time playing around with the clothes on the show. Wilma Deering's outfit changed almost every scene! But mostly she was in white... any combination of pieces of white spandex... tights, starfighter top with and without collar, white jacket over tights, etc. etc. etc. Towards the end of season 1 she didn't wear her standard movie starfighter gear at all. Which is sad, because I thought that was her sexiest oufit!

-Gordon
Old September 27th, 2006, 02:50 PM   #2
Bijou88

In the space vampire episode, the medallion that serves as the "crucifix" against the vorvon is really Adama's lords of Kobol medallion! It's always fun to see how they would recycle props on Buck Rogers.
Old September 27th, 2006, 04:12 PM   #3
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Jack Palance is wearing a more tattered version of Patrick MacNee's Iblis costume in his apperance, while Lloyd Bochner's Eastern Alliance uniform (minus hat) is worn by Jay Robinson in the episode where Buck is put up in a slave auction.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 06:44 AM   #4
spcglider
Squadron Leader

Has anyone taken it upon themselves to list this stuff? That'd be kinda cool to see.

-G
Old September 28th, 2006, 09:42 AM   #5
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

In a strange way it's kind of bittersweet when I see familiar Galactica props and costumes show up in BR, because it's a sad reminder of how IMO Larson wasn't doing enough of a full-court press to save Galactica at the time.

Getting a chance to go through the entire series on DVD as I did this past year, which marked the first time I'd ever seen the show, I came away feeling it was fun in spots (though I intensely disliked the second season episodes) and it was especially great to see Anne Lockhart show up in one episode. That said, I think when you compare TOS alongside BR you end up realizing what the *real* definition of so-called "cheese" is, and TOS is not the show that falls into that category.

I think the real big flaw of BR personally was not enough Ardala.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006, 01:07 PM   #6
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiIQ3rMZVYc

And the shuttle was restored from when it was last used, in that episode.

http://www.edmiarecki.com/Formatting/re06.html