Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - Finished
Notices

Old July 1st, 2009, 06:09 PM   #1
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default 3D Starbuck animation using iClone 3.2 PRO...

And now, submitted for your approval.....Starbuck on the firing range.

This is my first full on character animation with iClone 3.2 PRO. It took me about four or five hours to record the actions (I wanted to make them look as good and dynamic as possible). Voices by yours truly....sorry if my Dirk Benedict impression sucks.

I had a hella lotta fun making this video. I just know this is going to be the ticket to finally making a film version of "Dark Exodus", "Reciprocity" and especially "The Last Battlestar"!

Now, keep in mind, I'm still trying doing camera changes manually. In other words, every cut you see is a manual camera set up. iClone 3.2 PRO has the means to automate camera changes, but I haven't quite figured that part out yet. (I rather like the more hands-on approach anyways.) Also, I kept voices limited, since I do not have Crazy Talk 6, which would allow me to do lip-synched vocal performances, and create facial expression.

For my limitations, I think this turned out better than I could've hoped for. I hope you enjoy it as much as I had fun making it. (MORE ON THE WAY)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i40wJkPZNv0
Old July 2nd, 2009, 07:14 PM   #2
conconcv66
Bad Email Address

Default Re: 3D Starbuck animation using iClone 3.2 PRO...

Love it. Keep up the good work
conconcv66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:44 AM   #3
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Many thanks, concon

Final update for the night:

Have built both the chromium and Command Cylon Centurions. The chromium Centurion comes with the familiar blaster rifle and sword. The gold Command Centurion comes with a blaster pistol and sword. Both have scanner eyes that can be animated, and will go with whatever motion I assign the Centurions.

Will start on an animation tomorrow. Right now, despite my bottomless enthusiasm...I'm beat!
Old July 8th, 2009, 01:48 PM   #4
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Here are a couple of stills from my next upcoming test animation. I've seen MUCH better Cylon Centurions created and rendered in iClone 3.2 PRO, but I think my first efforts turned out rather respectable.

Whatcha think?

Fortunately, when working on REALLY big scenes, I can work in wireframe mode (like any self-respecting 3D animation/modeling app should have, and does have). For the first time, I saw my computer start to choke a little bit when setting up my next animation test....so....wireframe it is. Thankfully, since the models are already pre-rendered, it won't take the computer any time at all to re-render them for final film.