Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old March 30th, 2005, 11:38 AM   #31
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Admin
BattlestarGalacticaClub.com

Thumbs up

Hi,

Looks like I was actually about 2/3 of the way through Halo 2, since I completed the game last night. The last level was tough, but still fun to play. I couldn't believe some of the names of the voice actors in the closing credits. Ron Perlman, Michelle Rodriguez, Robert Davi, Keith David, Orlando Jones, and others. Now I'm re-playing some of my favorite levels at higher difficulty levels.

Regards,

Nathan

StarshipTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2005, 11:41 AM   #32
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojay
While you all are playing with yourselves, I prefer on-line stuff.
Hi,

Oh no! Not that!

I actually enjoy playing the bots. Besides, I don't need yet another monthly bill by joining the Xbox Live service.

Regards,

Nathan

Old March 30th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #33
cranky1c
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarshipTrooper
I actually enjoy playing the bots. Besides, I don't need yet another monthly bill by joining the Xbox Live service.
:
....where some 12 year old with nothing else to do but practice the game can cut you to ribbons in Plank time.
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2005, 02:04 PM   #34
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

Wink

Hi,

True. But these days it seems that A.I. is smarter than some of the 12 year olds!

Regards,

Nathan

Old March 30th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #35
gmd3d
Major

Well I recently go a cheap Star Trek Elite force box set .. anyone know it its any good

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #36
cranky1c
Warrior

I liked it. It's your typical FPS, but with Borg and phasers. Worth getting if it's cheap and you like ST.
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2005, 12:42 PM   #37
Spike The Cylon
Captain

I liked it. I want to play the second one, someday.

Fleeing From The Cylon Tyranny, The Last Battlestar, Galactica, Leads a Rag-tag Fugitive Fleet On A Lonely Quest. A Shining Planet, Known As....Earth!
Spike The Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 07:24 PM   #38
braxiss
Major

just picked up starwars republic commando, so far it's pretty good and it's pretty challanging
Old April 11th, 2005, 03:14 PM   #39
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Right now, my games are too numerous to list.

But to state what's in my systems right now?

In my PS2, Timesplitters Future Perfect.

In my XBOX, DOOM 3.

In my Sony PSP, Twisted Metal: Head On

In my PC, Aliens Vs. Predator 2.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old April 11th, 2005, 04:08 PM   #40
Ian_W359
Warrior

On my systems & on my mind at the mo.....

PS2 - Star Wars Battlefront, R-Type Final, & Battlestar Galactica! (I decided last week to play it through again from the start - and I'm amazed how quickly i've ploughed through it! ) I'm also something of a retro geek and have got some of the retro compilations (Activision, Atari, Intellivision, Midway etc.)

PC - Homeworld (the original), & The Ur-Quan Masters (a PC/MAC port of the 3DO's Star Control II - http://sc2.sourceforge.net/ - I enjoyed the original Star Control on the SEGA Megadrive/Genesis, and this is just as good).

Ian W359
Ian_W359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 04:37 PM   #41
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_W359
On my systems & on my mind at the mo.....

PS2 - Star Wars Battlefront, R-Type Final, & Battlestar Galactica! (I decided last week to play it through again from the start - and I'm amazed how quickly i've ploughed through it! ) I'm also something of a retro geek and have got some of the retro compilations (Activision, Atari, Intellivision, Midway etc.)

PC - Homeworld (the original), & The Ur-Quan Masters (a PC/MAC port of the 3DO's Star Control II - http://sc2.sourceforge.net/ - I enjoyed the original Star Control on the SEGA Megadrive/Genesis, and this is just as good).

Ian W359
Star Control on Genesis was a blast!
Old April 12th, 2005, 03:39 AM   #42
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Now that I have more time, I can list all the games in my collection.

For PS and PS2 I have: MTV Music Generators 1 and 2, Red Faction, Red Faction II, SOCOM US Navy Seals, SOCOM II US Navy Seals, Timesplitters 2, Timesplitters Future Perfect, Final Doom, Medal of Honor, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Tekken 5, Tenchu Fatal Shadows, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, and Battlestar Galactica.

For XBOX, I have : Mechassault, Mechassault 2: Lone Wolf, HALO, HALO 2, Top Spin, NCAA Football 2005, Sega GT 2002, Jet Set Radio Future, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Tron 2.0 Killer App, and DOOM 3 Limited Collector's Edition.

For PSP: I have Twisted Metal: Head On

For PC: X wing Alliance, X wing VS TIE Fighter, Star Trek Bridge Commander, Silent Hill 3, Aliens Vs. Predator 2, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, and Doom Trilogy.

That's all,....for now.

Martok2112
Old April 12th, 2005, 06:13 AM   #43
Eris
Shuttle Pilot

Currently for PC - Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Currently for XBox - X-Men: Legends, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2. I'm hoping to get Jade Empire very soon!
Eris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2005, 11:41 AM   #44
Spike The Cylon
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eris
Currently for PC - Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Currently for XBox - X-Men: Legends, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2. I'm hoping to get Jade Empire very soon!
How is the Bloodlines game?

Fleeing From The Cylon Tyranny, The Last Battlestar, Galactica, Leads a Rag-tag Fugitive Fleet On A Lonely Quest. A Shining Planet, Known As....Earth!
Old April 12th, 2005, 01:01 PM   #45
Eris
Shuttle Pilot

Hey Spike! How are you feeling?

The Bloodlines game is really interesting. The graphics are amazing, the soundtrack is perfect for the game and several of the game areas are truly scary. I've been playing late at night and have jumped a couple of times because something that happened in the game startled me. The storyline is interesting and well written. Though I'm not alway satisfied with some of the dialogue choices - I sometimes feel like I'm being herded in a particular direction because the dialogue options are limited. And there are some bugs in the game, certain quests are impossible to get until you patch the game so I'd recommend patching the game before you start playing. But overall, I'd give it a 7 or an 8 out of 10.

I will stress that I might be an oddball in my game choices. I'm not a big shooter fan. I'm much happier with RPGs. I love KoTOR and KoTOR2 as well as the Baldur's Gate series. Although I do think Halo and Halo 2 have possibility...

Any recommendations on what I should play next?
Old April 12th, 2005, 03:47 PM   #46
Spike The Cylon
Captain

Quote:
Hey Spike! How are you feeling?

The Bloodlines game is really interesting. The graphics are amazing, the soundtrack is perfect for the game and several of the game areas are truly scary. I've been playing late at night and have jumped a couple of times because something that happened in the game startled me. The storyline is interesting and well written. Though I'm not alway satisfied with some of the dialogue choices - I sometimes feel like I'm being herded in a particular direction because the dialogue options are limited. And there are some bugs in the game, certain quests are impossible to get until you patch the game so I'd recommend patching the game before you start playing. But overall, I'd give it a 7 or an 8 out of 10.

I will stress that I might be an oddball in my game choices. I'm not a big shooter fan. I'm much happier with RPGs. I love KoTOR and KoTOR2 as well as the Baldur's Gate series. Although I do think Halo and Halo 2 have possibility...

Any recommendations on what I should play next?
i'm feeling better. I'm taking less meds, which is a good thing. to quote bomer form LPOTG "It beats beign dead."
I'm a huge V:TM fan, so I'm looking forward to getting the game.

Old April 12th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #47
Eris
Shuttle Pilot

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better and taking less meds. That's good news!

Please let me know how you like the game and which vampire clan you decide to play. Right now I'm playing Toreador but I'm also thinking about replaying as a Brujah and a Tremere...And I'm going to change the score to an 8 or 9 out of 10. If I'm planning on playing it again, I think it merits a higher score than I originally gave it...
Old April 12th, 2005, 04:07 PM   #48
Spike The Cylon
Captain

when I play V:TM, i always play my character, who is a Toreador, so i'll be one then too.
now if only i could drive. 2 more weeks to go before the doc will clear me to drive.

Old April 12th, 2005, 05:02 PM   #49
Eris
Shuttle Pilot

It sucks not being able to drive.

I've never played V:TM but always thought it looked interesting. I do play D&D on a regular basis and think it's a lot of fun. We are discussing playing V:TM after we finish the current adventure. After playing Bloodlines, I'm certainly leaning in that direction.
Old April 12th, 2005, 05:04 PM   #50
Spike The Cylon
Captain

Ah, D&D, haven't played that in a year. I had a theif character, who was a she, who was like a cross between Princess Leia, and Faith from Buffy.

Old April 12th, 2005, 07:52 PM   #51
Eris
Shuttle Pilot

I've played a thief twice, a barbarian, a ranger and a cleric (my current character). We generally start new characters as other people join the group or as we embark on new adventures that don't fit current levels. My favorite thief was modeled after River Tam on Firefly. So far, I've only played female characters...mostly because there are only two women in the group (myself and a friend) and my friend doesn't always play a female character. I figure I have to make sure there's adequate estrogen in the group.

Explain this cross between Princess Leia and Faith...I'm intrigued.
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:21 AM   #52
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Thumbs up

Newest Acquisitions:

XBOX: Atari Anthology

PC: Unreal Tournament 2004 Editors' Choice DVD Edition
Old April 13th, 2005, 04:30 AM   #53
Spike The Cylon
Captain

Quote:
I've played a thief twice, a barbarian, a ranger and a cleric (my current character). We generally start new characters as other people join the group or as we embark on new adventures that don't fit current levels. My favorite thief was modeled after River Tam on Firefly. So far, I've only played female characters...mostly because there are only two women in the group (myself and a friend) and my friend doesn't always play a female character. I figure I have to make sure there's adequate estrogen in the group.

Explain this cross between Princess Leia and Faith...I'm intrigued.
Well, to make a long story short, csue i'm gettign rady to go to the doc, again Alyson, my character, is of rpyal blood, but does not know it. she's has an "take no sh.." attutude, and is a natual leader. she also has dark side, so she's very bordreline like faith on buffy in the early parts of season 3.

Old April 29th, 2005, 02:16 PM   #54
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Newest acquisitions:

Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0 for GC.

Area 51 for PS2.

Star Trek Elite Force II for PC, but I need to get a new graphics card...argghhh.

You just wait, I am gonna get an uber-PC gaming rig soon!

Martok2112
Old April 30th, 2005, 03:37 PM   #55
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

Cool

Hi,

I just completed Halo 2, Unreal II, and am making steady progress with Unreal Championship. Next on my list from Walmart.com: Doom 3 Collector's Edition Xbox and Atari Anthology Xbox.

Regards,

Nathan

Old April 30th, 2005, 04:58 PM   #56
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi,

I just completed Halo 2, Unreal II, and am making steady progress with Unreal Championship. Next on my list from Walmart.com: Doom 3 Collector's Edition Xbox and Atari Anthology Xbox.

Regards,

Nathan

Nathan, you cannot go wrong with Doom 3 Collector's Ed for Xbox. It not only has Doom3 on it, but ports of Ultimate Doom and Doom II. (too bad the deathmatch in those classic games is split screen only). Doom 3 ROCKS though...and I've yet to try it online. If you like First Person Shooters, I highly recommend Timesplitters Future Perfect.

And you will love Atari Anthology. Takes me back. (If only they had included Star Wars the Arcade Game on it)

Respects,
Steve (Martok2112)
Old April 30th, 2005, 09:30 PM   #57
StarshipTrooper
Bad Email Address

Thumbs up

Hi,

That sounds awesome! I'm looking forward to the Doom 3 Collector's Edition. The Doom I and II ports certainly make it worth the extra ten bucks. The Atari Anthology looks good. It's cool that Atari Night Driver is included. But no River Raid!

I'm still debating whether to get Playboy Mansion or not. It looks good for one of the first adult games, but it's too cerebral. I play Xbox games for shoot 'em ups and action, not for contemplation and bogged-down social sims.

Regards,

Nathan

Old May 1st, 2005, 05:49 AM   #58
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi,

That sounds awesome! I'm looking forward to the Doom 3 Collector's Edition. The Doom I and II ports certainly make it worth the extra ten bucks. The Atari Anthology looks good. It's cool that Atari Night Driver is included. But no River Raid!

I'm still debating whether to get Playboy Mansion or not. It looks good for one of the first adult games, but it's too cerebral. I play Xbox games for shoot 'em ups and action, not for contemplation and bogged-down social sims.

Regards,

Nathan

Aye, River Raid won't appear there because RR was an Activision title. However, ye be in luck...there is also an Activision Anthology available, if ye have a PS2 system...which has 60 some games, including RR and RR2. Also the Activision Anth. includes some cool 80's tunes for TRUE nostalgia.

Respectfully,
Marty McKlingon
Old June 1st, 2005, 01:07 PM   #59
TopGun
Strike Leader

At the moment I've got Freelancer in my system
Old June 2nd, 2005, 10:27 AM   #60
Spike The Cylon
Captain

Wolverine's Revenge.