Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old December 15th, 2003, 04:43 PM   #1
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default New Shows on The NOT Scifi Channel

Press Release Source: SCI FI Channel
SCI FI Channel Doubles Dramatic Series Development
or SCI FI Channel Doubles NOT Science Fiction on The Scifi Channel?

SCI FI Channel, already a leader in BULLSH*T announced today that it has doubled its series development for '04-'05. YADAYADAYADAYADAYADAYADA

Ok, find the one science fiction show, it is not hard:

1.) Dead Lawyers --. Sleazy unscrupulous lawyers, come back from the dead?

2.) The Divide -- A latenight DJ, his dead twin sister, and the local coroner -- teamed up to fight crime?

3.) Legion -- a young man who sells his soul to the devil to save his daughter's life?

4.) Stargate: Atlantis -- MGM Television, Finally Science Fiction on The Scifi Channel, call the Press!

5.) Painkiller Jane SCI FI and MGM, bring to life a virtually indestructible super-heroine?

6.) Clive Barker's The Evil One – Come on, Clive Barker?

7.) Total Eclipse -- Jeremy Cross arrives at his new teaching and research position at Greylock, a beautiful and prestigious college, only to discover that the school is a nexus of the otherworldly, arcane, and supernatural? Stolen from Harry Potter

8.) Suture Girl --Gretchen Culver from "Spawn" Whacked by a serial killer, a beautiful is literally stitched back to life and imbued with special powers by gypsies?

9.) Ok A Mad Mad World or House, Reality TV but with Vampires not Dracula fans, people that drink blood, sleep in coffins, Trekkies that live it, speak Klingon, Naturist, I emailed an Elizabeth that was doing Casting, she wants guys to dangle? Various other WIERDOS! That Shannon 90210 show on steroids?

10.) Series projects currently in development include Quantum Leap, Anonymous Rex, Reveille's 1000 Days and Brother Voodoo.

The Quantum Leap crowd had a lot of “Leap On” posts, they are no longer doing those “Leap on” postings, go figure?
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2003, 06:43 PM   #2
GreggAllinson
Bad Email Address

Default Woah!

Quantum Leap's coming back? Awesome. I just hope that Sam isn't turned into a woman...
GreggAllinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2003, 06:51 PM   #3
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Woah!

Quote:
Originally posted by GreggAllinson
Quantum Leap's coming back? Awesome. I just hope that Sam isn't turned into a woman...
No Sam & yes the QL'er is a woman.
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2003, 06:57 PM   #4
callsignfalcon
Warrior

Default Gypsies?

They've really been having fun lately! Resouling a vampire(ANgel/Btvs), Getting attacked by warlocks(CHarmes), and now raising the dead! They play all the mystical fields!
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2003, 07:20 PM   #5
Starbuck
I'm 100% female

Default Re: Woah!

Quote:
Originally posted by GreggAllinson
Considering Sam is over on the Enterprise, he just might be.
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2003, 07:23 PM   #6
GreggAllinson
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Re: Woah!

Quote:
Originally posted by dvo47p
No Sam & yes the QL'er is a woman.
Well, that's OK, as long as it's another scientist and not Samantha "Sam" Beckett...

How about Dean Stockwell? Is he gonna be on the new show?
Old December 16th, 2003, 05:13 PM   #7
octagon
Shuttle Pilot

I wonder if everyone is in agreement with me that the (Not)Sci-Fi Channel is run by a lot of "Yes" people who don't do anything but take orders from their superiors at Vivendi or whoever the heck it is Vivendi has sold it to. Last I heard NBC?
octagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 06:03 PM   #8
lordpenquin
Shuttle Pilot

Considering Dean is 67 years old, they may have to bring him back as a hologram for real. They could just create a samantha "sam" character, and re-edit all his old lines. Considering QL ran for so long, they'll have to use some of the same storylines because no one has originality anymore.
Old December 16th, 2003, 08:08 PM   #9
GreggAllinson
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally posted by lordpenquin
Considering Dean is 67 years old, they may have to bring him back as a hologram for real. They could just create a samantha "sam" character, and re-edit all his old lines. Considering QL ran for so long, they'll have to use some of the same storylines because no one has originality anymore.
What're you talking about? QL only ran five years- good for an SF show, sure, but there's plenty of room for new stories, especially considering the fact that they were moving the series into a *whole* different direction in the final season with the introduction of the evil leapers and the intimation that God and the Devil were fighting each other through the leapers.
Old December 18th, 2003, 11:24 AM   #10
Quoshara
Klingon Wolf Trainer

If/when they re-do QL, I'm sure that none of the original actors will be back in their roles.... unless it is in a very minimal way.

The SCI-FI Channel is not run by "Yes" men... it is run by bean-counters. Horror shows are much less expensive, on the whole than real SF. Quantum Leap, although SF, has very few special effects (relatively speaking), and most of the sets and costumes can be pulled right out of what they have on hand. They are looking at Cheap. They don't care if it's good as long as someone watches....