Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 6th, 2003, 09:17 AM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default Thoughts. Sunday, April 6, 2003.

Here we all are 25 years later.

Defeated.

A little voice inside my head keeps on saying in my head your 15 minutes are over. You’re as dead as the Dodo.

The Sci-Fi Channel, Ronald D Moore, David Eick, and indeed Universal Studios are now dancing on your grave.

Will people watch the new mini-series? I’m sure they will, initially fans of SF TV will watch anything to do with SF. If they like something they’ll stick with it.

Will people of our age range watch it? I’m sure they will. Some will like it, some; who remember TOS will be disappointed.

Will TOS fans watch it? I’m sure they will. Some WILL stick to their guns and not watch it. Some will tape it. Some, being curious, like human beings are, will tune in on the night.

Defeated?

Well are we? I mean we’ve been at this for 25 years. Keeping the show alive, shouting it out loud and proud that there was gold in them there hills!

TPTB owe us big time. Whether continuation or reimagining we paved the way.

Just as Glen A Larson paved the way for Ronald D Moore, a gifted writer who has still to create something entirely original in execution.

Twenty-five years later, there’s books to buy, and DVDS, a convention to be attended – with some surprises in store I’m sure!

And after all this is done, we’ve got us, the fans of Battlestar Galactica, who have endured the good times and the bad times and remain unbowed and unbroken.

Never surrender!

We are the best.

Regards,

Peter
Old April 6th, 2003, 08:21 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Peter:
I don't think we are defeated. I think we are still in the thick of it, outcome yet undetermined. It's still a gut thing, but no one's "officially" pulled me off sentry duty yet. That would at least take a "parent note," don't you think?

Although some fresh troops might help, the rations are getting a little thin and I'd never refuse the help of Army Rangers or either USAF, USN or RAF air support. Sentry duty sucks when others are in the battle ground. (Whoever you are: we are still here and we still believe in you)
Jewels
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2003, 10:16 PM   #3
Erzengel

Quote:
Originally posted by jewels
Peter:
I don't think we are defeated. I think we are still in the thick of it, outcome yet undetermined. It's still a gut thing, but no one's "officially" pulled me off sentry duty yet. That would at least take a "parent note," don't you think?

Although some fresh troops might help, the rations are getting a little thin and I'd never refuse the help of Army Rangers or either USAF, USN or RAF air support. Sentry duty sucks when others are in the battle ground. (Whoever you are: we are still here and we still believe in you)
Jewels
Hell Yeah! Praise the lord and past the ammunition sister!