Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 17th, 2004, 02:05 PM   #1
Hank the Tank
Shuttle Pilot

Default CASTING CALL for BSG TOS Movie: The Ladies.

Well folks, with the possiblity of a BSG-TOS Continuation Movie growing stronger & stronger, I thought it might be time to think about which actors & actresses we would like to see in the new movie. Obviously we want all surviving originals back so I only briefly mentioned them here, the ladies anyway.

This first post contains some of my actress selections for female roles in BSG movie (figures I’d start with the ladies first). I only mentioned real actress names, someone help me to give them appropriate BSG role names:

Original TOS Leading Ladies:
Maren Jensen: Haven’t seen much of her since the 1970s. Hopefully she would be open to a return.

Laurette Spang: Saw the recent picture of Laurette with her family. Casting her as Starbuck’s wife and a Colonial leader would be great.

Jane Seymour: There are rumblings that somehow Apollo’s wife Serena could be re-written (read, resurrected) back into the script. This could get interesting.

Anne Lockhart: Obviously, enough said here.

Sarah Rush: Another obviously.

EVIL CYLON “QUEENS”First a little background. Lets cut back to where Baltar was given his own Base Star to resume pursuit of the Colonials with the new Cylon intent of bringing them back alive to further the aims of the Cylon Empire. They gave him everything he needed, don’t you think that the pick of the remaining young women in the Colonies would be part of the deal. Well, we’ll add in a segment to where the Cylons round up the most desirable women left behind in the Colonies and they be brought to Baltar (all primped & beautiful of course). Obviously most would reject Baltar but they’ll be a few that consented to become Baltar’s consorts. As for the other beauties, their DNA would be appropriated by the Cylons to create those lovely female Cylons (idea shamelessly lifted the current mini-series).

Raquel Welch & Cheryl Tiegs: Both in their 60s nowadays but both can still wear low-cut blouses and even modest two-piece bikinis. Raquel has the bonus of having done some 1960s era Sci-Fi films. (Did anybody else see Raquel last week on Fox News. She's still got it).

Kim Cattrall: This 50ish beauty of Sex & The City fame would also make a killer female Cylon. Moreover, she has some Sci-Fi on her resume also, as the murderous Vulcan Starfleet officer in Star Trek VI, the Undiscovered Country.

LEADING NEW FEMALE COLONIAL WARRIORS

Cynthia Nixon (from Sex & The City): Her role as a tough female lawyer would translate nicely into a senior role in the BSG movie.

Debra Messing (from Will & Grace): Hot redhead, you got it lady.

YOUNG FEMALE COLONIAL WARRIORS, the New Generation:

Katee Sackoff (shamlessly stolen from BSG, the mini): A perfect cast for the role of Starbuck’s daughter obviously. This Warrior, in her early 20s finds herself senior to most of the Colonials and would help lead the new generation, all while being the same kick-ass fighting chick we all love now.

Kaley Cuoco (from 8 Simple Rules): This gorgeous blonde could be cast into a role of young female Colonial Warrior by day, Socialator by night. Emotionally she struggles to reconcile her two “lives” along with of course interest in one of the lead young male Colonials.

Amy Davidson (again from 8 Simple Rules): Hot redhead, cast initially as the Colonial Cadet Corps Commander at age 14 or so and soon to graduate to become a full Colonial Warrior. Yes 14 is a young age but by this time the Colonials need all the Warrior help they can get, no matter how young.

Amanda Bynes: young beautiful Colonial Warrior and rival to Kaley Cuoco’s character. Perhaps recreating the original rivalry of Maren Jensen & Laurette Spang (before they became friends late in TOS), only these two really get into it. Some “chick fights” between Amanda’s character and Kaley’s would definitely capture the young (and admittedly middle-aged) male audience.

Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen: OK this sound ridiculous on the surface but hear this one out. Initally one twin could be cast as a young female Warrior who down the line is captured by the Cylons and cloned into a evil Cylon twin. The evil twin is returned (disguised as her Colonial warrior “sister”) as a spy, while the real Warrior manages to escape and confront her Cylon clone.
Think of the possibilities.

Well that's all I can think of now but I'm sure some other female casting ideas. All welcome to post their ideas.
I'll start a thread later on male castings.

Hopefully Glen Larson and Tom DeSantos will read these ideas and maybe use a few.

Hank the Tank
The Rock Ape of the Cape

BROWNS 2004
Return to the
GLORY of 1964
Hank the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2004, 07:34 PM   #2
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

Sorry, Hank. I just can't agree with ANYTHING a Browns fan has to say. If you were, say, a Steeler fan....

Seriously, I'd have to think about this one a lot. Debra Messing in a serious role? The Olsen twins have TONS of possibilities, but I'd prefer the Coors Light twins, myself
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2004, 09:47 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Welcome to Colonial FLeets Hank!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2004, 09:56 PM   #4
JSC1
Warrior

My recomendation for Starbuck and Cassiopia's daughter is Melody Perkins. She played astronema in 'Power Rangers in Space', her alter ego Karone in 'Power Rangers Lost Galaxy' and was Margo in a 'Charmed' episode called 'the Power of Three...blondes with Jennifer Sky and Jenny McCarthy.

As for a new Athena, may I recommend Lori Loughlin, who played Becky Castopolis in Full House?
JSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2004, 09:36 AM   #5
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Hank the tank welcome to the fleets.

Second of all .............NOT THE OLSON TWINS .......................ewwwwwwww.
Sorry but they weren't that good on the acting scene in my line of thinking.
THey were so bad they put my kids to SLEEEEEEEP. :
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2004, 04:58 PM   #6
Antelope

Cynthia Nixon is hard to watch and her character from Sex in The City was the one person I wish was run over. I don't think she would help any Battlestar ratings. I would be routing for the cylons.

Kim Catral on the other hand would be a great idea to play...Cassiopeia in the event Laurette Spang did not want to do television again. If Laurette came back I could see Kim Catral play a character that is the love interest of Apollo.

If Athena has a kid let that girl that plays Lana Lane on Smallville have the spot. She has that slightly exotic look Athena had.

I'm not a big fan of bringing people back from the dead so I think Jane Seymoure needs to stay with the angels. If what I heard was true back in 1979 Serena would still be alive if Seymoure didn't want too much money then. I'm sure some of you more versed members can let me know if there is any truth to that story.

Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen would be great. Age wise they are at the right spot now to be play cadets or LTs. I could see a son of Starbuck having a thing for twins! If word leaked out there was a racey episode with one of the twins it would be good for ratings. They are both polished actors at this time and know when not to push things. They would have a long run without ruining the show financially.

If you want a young sexy girl just for ratings get Paris Hilton. I would love to see a son of Starbuck torn between a good natured olson twin and a vixen played by Paris Hilton. It would play to the new generation.
Old March 19th, 2004, 08:49 AM   #7
gmd3d
Major

antelope526 wrote

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of bringing people back from the dead so I think Jane Seymoure needs to stay with the angels. If what I heard was true back in 1979 Serena would still be alive if Seymoure didn't want too much money then. I'm sure some of you more versed members can let me know if there is any truth to that story
That's something that I dislike in many films but I could handle SERENA'S return to GALACTICA if it was done well and if anyone is going to play BOXEY or TROY if you like I would like it to be Noah Hathaway, SERENA return to the GALACTICA in RICHARD HATCHS book RESURRECTION. and she has assended into the world of the light ships an Angle if you like and she help the fleet after they have been sent back to KOBOL. ofcourse APOLLO want's he to stay with him but she can't.
That's how I would like to see it done the being back of Serena to be reunited with Apollo and Boxey played by Noah Hathaway.

WELCOME TO THE FLEET HANK

ANYWAY WHO ARE BROWN'S FOR THAT MATTER WHO ARE THE STEELERS :laugh:

potemkin the ignorant
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 11:47 AM   #8
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by potemkin72000

ANYWAY WHO ARE BROWN'S FOR THAT MATTER WHO ARE THE STEELERS :laugh:

potemkin the ignorant
American football teams. The Steelers are from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and the Browns are from Cleveland, Ohio (about 100 miles away). They are in the same conference and are bitter rivals. (The fans more than the teams.)
Old March 19th, 2004, 12:53 PM   #9
bsg1fan1975
Major

Sorry but I don't see the Olsen twins fitting in there. Nor Kate Sackoff.

I think that the girl who played Willow on Buffy would be a kickin' Athena.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 12:56 PM   #10
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975

I saw the girl who played WIllow a couple of times .........she's beautiful. I think
you're right that she would make a "KICKIN" Athena.
Old March 19th, 2004, 07:58 PM   #11
amberstar
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975

I agree too, great choice Bsg!

Amber
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 08:19 PM   #12
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank the Tank
LEADING NEW FEMALE COLONIAL WARRIORS

Debra Messing (from Will & Grace): Hot redhead, you got it lady.
Not to be rude, but are we sure she's a lady? She hasn't got any b()()bies (unless they're "innies" like a bellybutton).

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2004, 10:42 AM   #13
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
Not to be rude, but are we sure she's a lady? She hasn't got any b()()bies (unless they're "innies" like a bellybutton).
I'm not the one who's going to check but I've seen her in other roles ............
I 'think' she qualifies .........although I'm not sure I'd have in in a scifi role.
Old March 20th, 2004, 11:40 AM   #14
gmd3d
Major

oh i get it

thanks for the info warhammerdriver

potemkin no longer ignorant.
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2004, 05:26 PM   #15
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

What about Jill Hennesy (Law and Order and Crossing Jordan) and Teryl Rothery (Stargate SG1)?
Old March 22nd, 2004, 06:01 PM   #16
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhammerdriver
What about Jill Hennesy (Law and Order and Crossing Jordan) and Teryl Rothery (Stargate SG1)?
I think teryl Rothery has PROMISE.
Old March 22nd, 2004, 06:43 PM   #17
Jayworld
Warrior

Wink Connie Sellecca as Athena?

I, too, have yearned for Maren Jensen's return as Athena ever since the serious machinations of Richard Hatch's trailer were started six or more years ago. Alas, after talking in-depth with Richard, it seems so very unlikley that Maren Jensen would come back. She's been out of the business for 22 years or so, and no one really knows where she is, etc.

As of late, I thought perhaps one of my favorite actresses, Connie Sellecca, could reprise the role of Athena for the upcoming continuation movie. Ms. Sellecca, like Ms. Jensen, is dark haired and very beautiful, and has shown her wide range of talent in many mini-series, made-for-television movie dramas, comedies (Last Fling with the late John Ritter comes to mind), and series. Also, Ms. Sellecca is 49 years old, Ms. Jensen is 47, so they are very close in age...

In an added twist, there is a local actress/stage musical singer in the Dallas area, Stacy Parker, who is a DEAD RINGER for Maren Jensen, and is a wonderful talent; having appeared as the leading lady in several local musicals. I've had the privelege of seeing her perform twice. If anyone has Richard Hatch's ear, please let him know....

Thanks,
Jayworld
Jayworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2004, 06:53 PM   #18
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayworld
In an added twist, there is a local actress/stage musical singer in the Dallas area, Stacy Parker, who is a DEAD RINGER for Maren Jensen, and is a wonderful talent; having appeared as the leading lady in several local musicals. I've had the privelege of seeing her perform twice. If anyone has Richard Hatch's ear, please let him know....

Thanks,
Jayworld
Hmm.. there's a thought! If Ms. Jensen cannot be persuaded, perhaps this other person will?

Vader: *to Luke* "Ah! There is another! You have betrayed yourself! If you won't join me, maybe SISTER will!"

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2004, 01:22 PM   #19
Antelope

antelope, Jewels screwed up your post!!! SORRY!!
I went to quote you and clicked on edit accidentally and mucked your post...

you said something about Connie Sellica for Maren's Role (the age is close) and Morgan Fairchild for Cassie if Laurette was unavailable.

You had a concern about Connie out shinning Laurette (which is what I was trying to tell you not to worry about in my post).

I'm sorry I hit the wrong button and muddled your post!
Jewels
Old March 23rd, 2004, 01:30 PM   #20
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Morgan Fairchild? The poster child for plastic? No thanks! Give me Laurette any day of the week (I'd bet she'd come back for a movie or three, too).

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2004, 01:40 PM   #21
launchcruiser7
On Vacation...

Default young girls for battlestar

hillary duff as dillon starbucks/casses child crissy romono <kim possibles voice> as athenas girl amanda bines as shebas /apallos kid and the olson twins as number six one good one evil
launchcruiser7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2004, 01:41 PM   #22
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope526
Connie Seleca would be great but I fear she would overshadow Laurette Spang if she reprised her role as Cassiopeia. If Laurette did not return how about a combo of Connie Seleca as Athena and Morgan Fairchild as Cassiopeia!

Does anyone know what the ladies think about returning? I have seen a lot on the men. Obviously Anne (Sheba) is still in the business so it shouldn't be a problem. Jensen appears gone. Laurette is out of the business but appears to need things to fill her day (I bet she would come back for one movie).
Morgan Fairchild isn't that good of an actress.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 01:44 PM   #23
launchcruiser7
On Vacation...

Default must think about the kids and future

Quote:
Originally Posted by launchcruiser7
hillary duff as dillon starbucks/casses child crissy romono <kim possibles voice> as athenas girl amanda bines as shebas /apallos kid and the olson twins as number six one good one evil
needyounger people not worn out fossiles like fairchild franky muntz as bojays son pss anne/laura/ sara looks better now then they did then have anyone that wants to be in the movie play an older version of them selfs but we need to move on or we will wheelchairs in vipers haha
Old March 23rd, 2004, 02:11 PM   #24
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Morgan Fairchild? The poster child for plastic? No thanks! Give me Laurette any day of the week (I'd bet she'd come back for a movie or three, too).

I am
Dawg
My THOUGHTS exactly!

Old March 23rd, 2004, 02:40 PM   #25
Antelope

The oldster continuation dilema:

All the original cast are too old to appeal to the new generation. WE (the "old" fans) want to see them but in reality they need to have minor roles while the young blood that is their children must be the focus.

Look at Smallville:
The Dad is cool but he is there to support Clark.

The Mom is a good actress but the only swim suit shots are of Lana.

Forget the Continuation: Remake TOS season 2 with new actors and let the TOS actors have roles like:

Richard Hatch as Adama

Dirk Benedict as Colonel Tigh

Anne Lockhardt as Siress Tinia

Laurette Spang as a new Siress who Colonel Tigh falls for.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 02:54 PM   #26
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

You're trying to get me fired, aren't you, antelope?

Look - you aren't going to get teenage girls all atwitter with Hatch or Benedict, true - but nobody's calling for them to be 30 years old anymore.

They'll have children. Hot looking, 20-something children. And their friends will have children, probably all annoyingly good looking children. And all talented Viper pilots and support crew.

The new generation being mentored and encouraged by the older. As it should be.

So knock off knocking the TOS actors, OK? They aren't too old for the roles in a continuation.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2004, 03:02 PM   #27
launchcruiser7
On Vacation...

Default new blood

Quote:
needyounger people not worn out fossiles like fairchild franky muntz as bojays son pss anne/laura/ sara looks better now then they did then have anyone that wants to be in the movie play an older version of them selfs but we need to move on or we will have wheelchairs in vipers haha
just kidding about the olson twins as he runs from the angery mob yellin 1980 forever ducking the thrown objects
Old March 23rd, 2004, 04:04 PM   #28
Antelope

Dawg:

Calm down my friend! If you read my earlier post you would see that I mentioned exactly what you said. I even named some potential actors to portray their children. I even may have been the first to mention an Apollo/Sheba child in this thread.

That being said I have always said MY preferred continuation is simply to start out where TOS ended. Since that would be one day after TOS ended none of the TOS actors would be able to play their old roles. Since I would still like to see the TOS actors in available roles in such a series what roles are available? Basically only the ones I listed, Adama, Tigh, and Tinia. In those roles Hatch, Benedict, and Lockhardt would be in the mentoring roles. Maybe Terry Carter could come back as Commander Caine. New younger actors would play Apollo, Starbuck, and the rest of that generation.

Nothing says any continuation has to be 24 years in the future of TOS. Nothing says Adama has to be dead.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 04:09 PM   #29
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I'm sorry the Olsen twins ...........well ............I can't imagine them being anything
BUT the olsen twins ...........they're cute .......well behaved ................

but not that strong in the acting department.

There are plenty of YOUNG actresses who are far, far stronger then they are
or will ever be.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 04:11 PM   #30
Antelope

Quote:
just kidding about the olson twins as he runs from the angery mob yellin 1980 forever ducking the thrown objects
I'm not kidding about the Olson twins. They are the right age now to play Colonial LTs. They are actually good looking. Guess what?...

They could also finance the entire production if Larson sold them the rights.
In addition they and their family have experience in distribution that could run rings around most studios.

They also have good morals and wouldn't take the show down into a sewer. Contrary to popular belief the are fraternal not identical twins.