Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old April 1st, 2006, 06:48 PM   #1
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Default Ulitmate Planet Of the Apes DVD Set

I just recieved my set from Amazon.com yesterday. All the original films, the complete TV series(1974), Return To the Planet Of the Apes Animated series(1975), and Planet Of the Apes(2001). The set also a Cesaer bust. I also recently recieved the entire "Six Million Dollar Man" series on 33 DVD's including "The Six Million Dollar Man"(March, 1973), "Wine, Women, & War"(October, 1973), "The Solid Gold Kidnapping"(November, 1973), all 100 episodes(with the "Bionic Woman" crossovers), and "Return Of the Six Million Dollar Man & the Bionic Woman"(1987), "Bionic Showdown"(1989), & "Bionic Ever After?"(1994). Whew, that's gonna be a lot of time spent in front of the TV. IIRC, "Return Of the Six Million Dollar Man & the Bionic Woman" was originally intended as a TV pilot for a new series focusing on Michael Austin, Steve's son from his former wife(prior to his accident), but NBC eventually passed on the the weekly series.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 10:36 PM   #2
Galactifan
Warrior

I only picked up the extended version of "Battle for the Planet of the Apes" on DVD (I already owned the other movies). I'm curious, was the "Six Million Dollar Man" and offical DVD release or a bootleg? Are your discs in NTSC or PAL? Thanks.
Galactifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 06:31 PM   #3
Husker
Bad Email Address

I'll definitely be picking this up. Have to educate on why they're better than the remake.
Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:19 PM   #4
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactifan
I only picked up the extended version of "Battle for the Planet of the Apes" on DVD (I already owned the other movies). I'm curious, was the "Six Million Dollar Man" and offical DVD release or a bootleg? Are your discs in NTSC or PAL? Thanks.

The SMDM stuff is bootleg recorded on DVD-R's. Pretty decent quality. I believe the guy I got them from recorded them from an Australian TV station which aired them uncut. Universal needs to get on the ball and release official Region 1 sets.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2006, 10:26 PM   #5
Galactifan
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmiloman
The SMDM stuff is bootleg recorded on DVD-R's. Pretty decent quality. I believe the guy I got them from recorded them from an Australian TV station which aired them uncut. Universal needs to get on the ball and release official Region 1 sets.
Thanks for the info. I did hear that there is suppose to be an offical DVD release of the Bionic Woman coming soon.
Galactifan is offline   Reply With Quote