Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old August 19th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #1
Lighthope
Shuttle Pilot

Default The Super Scouts Part two Redux

And here is part two.

Part two of what ultimately was the death knell of Galactica 1980.

Mindful of the network's insistence the show be made more "kid friendly", they added a gaggle of children to the show and gave them super powers. After all, what kid would not want to turn invisible,leap over tall trees, and be smarter than the average bear? The problem is, kids didn't watch the show. And neither did adults, apparently.

Continuing on our course to see if any of the episodes can be saved, I present to you The Super Scouts, part one, with the following changes:

Inane Dialogue Reduced - Why does every Galactican kid (and many adults) talk as if their dialogue was written by a computer? Still, I've managed to remove the most skin-crawling examples.

Dr. Zee Zeroed Out - Even Robbie Rist apparently couldn't stand the role, and he was changed out for Patrick Stewart. Of course, not THE Patrick Stewart. A better casting decision would have been simply that white light alone.

The Super Scouts Unsupersized - Well, there was no way to eliminate them altogether, and some of them are actually quite cute. They are much more tolerable without the big "S" on their chests.

Part one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwMPwwcTnBQ

Part two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri2IPELtj9s

Part three
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYTyWqN8spA

Part four
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqQ3QzmbRj4

Pearls of Wisdom - The reason you have two ears and only one mouth is because you're supposed to listen twice as much as you speak.
Lighthope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Punisher454
Warrior Ace

Default Re: The Super Scouts Part two Redux

Very good, and not even one glimpse of Dr. Zee
Old August 21st, 2013, 02:30 PM   #3
Lighthope
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher454 View Post
Very good, and not even one glimpse of Dr. Zee
No Zee is the best Zee.

Pearls of Wisdom - ...But then I'm the guy who doesn't agree with you, so what do I know?
Old August 21st, 2013, 05:34 PM   #4
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

I haven't had time to sit and watch these yet... helping some people with a project. But want to watch through and comment back to you. Can't wait to see how it goes without Zee. Sadly couldn't cut the kids out or there would be no episode, but zero Zee is a major start!
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2013, 06:58 PM   #5
Lighthope
Shuttle Pilot

Part two gave me the most trouble so far, as I had to cut out a pretty big scene. It was all Dr. Zee and the Be Kind To Your Environment blah blah. Really slowed things down.

Always look forward to yours and everyone's comments.

Pearls of Wisdom - I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them.