Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > New Twists On Old Episodes
Notices
New Twists On Old Episodes Share views on what changes you would make
if YOU were remaking the Original Series episodes

Old March 24th, 2010, 08:50 PM   #31
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: 03: The Lost Warrior

Yes, but...
Apollo has been conditioned by a whole lifetime at war to be perhaps what we might see as overly cautious/suspicious, regarding the Cylons. After all, Equellus is not that far from Colonial/Cylon space, as the low-warp crow flies. That, and after what's happened to him in the last few sectons, he may not be thinking at 100%.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:39 PM   #32
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Certainly his comment after Vella says "You did the right thing", "I'm not so sure" makes him realize that he hasn't approached this right. What doesn't get brought out enough and could be done in a stronger version is that he has to feel some responsibility for Bootes' death because of his cautiousness (and this might be another reason why Apollo would decide not to say anything about this experience after he gets rescued).
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 12:29 AM   #33
Senmut
Strike Leader

Good point. Essentially, he sees himself as having screwed up badly, and only pulled the fat out of the fire by ridding the place of Red-Eye.
I still wonder about Vela...
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Old June 6th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #34
LZaza
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon View Post
Certainly his comment after Vella says "You did the right thing", "I'm not so sure" makes him realize that he hasn't approached this right. What doesn't get brought out enough and could be done in a stronger version is that he has to feel some responsibility for Bootes' death because of his cautiousness (and this might be another reason why Apollo would decide not to say anything about this experience after he gets rescued).
Funny that, it always seemed to me that Apollo's biggest regret was having to reinforce to Puppus that the best way to solve a problem was through the use of violence. It was his parental instinct to teach more effective problem solving than "--or, son . . . you could shoot him".
LZaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2010, 07:21 PM   #35
LZaza
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senmut View Post
Never heard of or read any of those. Where might I find them?
Just in case you never found the Adam Stacey fics, Sen. My personal favourites are the Undefeated Trilogy.

https://www.msu.edu/user/stacey/Gala...gal-fanfic.htm

Last edited by LZaza; June 6th, 2010 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: Regret. Remorse. Relapse.
Old June 6th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #36
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

I used to know Adam quite well on the very first Galactica mailing list I was part of. He in fact was one of two inspirations to get me to write further fanfic in those early years and we even exchanged ideas way back when. Unfortunately, he dropped out of sight for a few years and when he resurfaced it was as a fan of that other entity and with no inclination whatsoever to resume his interrupted storyline since he regarded the original series as a thing to be cast aside like a childhood memory whereas that other entity was somehow the thing for the 21st century.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Old June 6th, 2010, 09:10 PM   #37
LZaza
Warrior

A shame.

He still wrote some damn fine fanfic though. Even if he lost his way somewhere beyond the heavens . . . WAY beyond the heavens, evidently.
Old September 14th, 2010, 01:21 AM   #38
Senmut
Strike Leader

Maybe he slipped into the Void, on the way back from Kobol...
Old September 18th, 2010, 12:53 AM   #39
Senmut
Strike Leader

Question...does anyone think that, before leaving Equellus, Apollo and Vela did the dirty deed? Her attitude and demeanor after he is gone is so different from what it was throught the whole ep. It's as if she has at last had some joy in her life.
Anyone?
Old September 18th, 2010, 07:37 AM   #40
LZaza
Warrior

Nah. I think if they'd made love then she would have been far more emotional about his leaving. It seemed more about "what could have been" than what was. And I think Apollo is too honourable to get involved with a woman who just lost her brother, and then fly away to rejoin the fleet.
Old September 18th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #41
Endymion
Shuttle Pilot

Maybe they did, but she knew she couldn't change him and keep him there with her. Sometimes just a memory of a great moment is enough to give life some sense. She probably thought he was a great man, but just wasn't made for her.
Endymion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #42
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

I'd say no too. Just not enough time for that to have happened.

Old September 18th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #43
Endymion
Shuttle Pilot

Yeah. I guess you're right. Too many things to put right in so little time. Maybe she was just happy to have met him, but nothing really could come out of that. Anyway, she has a new life ahead of her, and not just her but all the others that feel free, because of what he did.

Last edited by Endymion; September 18th, 2010 at 01:25 PM..
Old September 18th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #44
Endymion
Shuttle Pilot

Thank you eric for your warm welcome to the fleets.