Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old April 26th, 2006, 07:47 AM   #31
cobrastrikelead
Bad Email Address

Air Wolf.
cobrastrikelead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #32
Bijou88

If you are referring to the original run of Air Wolf with Jan Micheal Vincent, I agree. The version with Barry Van Dyke was crap.
Old May 16th, 2006, 09:08 PM   #33
Cylon Number 13
Renegade Humanocylon

Star Trek (TOS)
Star Trek: Enterprise (I wanted to see the founding of the Federation)
Battlestar Galactica
Babylon 5
Space: Above & Beyond
Greatest American Hero
Amazing Spider-Man ( I agree with captmiloman. Though the effects were goofy/cheesy, I like it, and would like to see it on DVD. Plus, I would like to see them do a remake of the series, possibly in the Ultimate Spider-Man style)
V the series
The Invisible Man
7 Days
Mutant X
VR.5
Wonder Woman
The Flash
The Incredible Hulk
M.A.N.T.I.S.
Jake 2.0
The Misfits of Science
The Six Million Dollar Man
The Bionic Woman
Airwolf
Street Hawk
Viper
Knight Rider
Team Knight Rider
Voyagers (Who remembers this little time travelling series with Jon-Erik Hexum as Phineas Boggs?)
Sliders
SeaQuest DSV/SeaQuest 2032
Earth 2
The Sentinel
Blue Thunder

Those are just a few. J/K. LOL. As soon as I think of some more, I'll add them.
Cylon Number 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #34
Bijou88

Zak Adama: I remember Voyagers! It was a fun show. It was kind of a cross between Dr. Who and The Time Tunnel. It was so sad when Jon-Erik Hexum died so tragically. I hope they release this show on DVD someday.
Old May 17th, 2006, 05:41 PM   #35
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmiloman
Not a sci-fi/fantasy series, but "Moonlighting" still had life left in it, IMO. The writing on that show was the best of the best.
No way. "Moonlighting" had already died two years earlier and was begging for a mercy killing by the time its run ended. I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the last two years of its run.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 05:48 PM   #36
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou88
Zak Adama: I remember Voyagers! It was a fun show. It was kind of a cross between Dr. Who and The Time Tunnel. It was so sad when Jon-Erik Hexum died so tragically. I hope they release this show on DVD someday.
Bijou - "Voyagers" is out on DVD.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 11:17 PM   #37
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

"Voyagers" wasn't out on DVD last time I looked.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Old May 18th, 2006, 07:32 AM   #38
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
"Voyagers" wasn't out on DVD last time I looked.
You just haven't looked in the right places.

http://web-worldwide.net/pd_voyagers.cfm

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 07:53 AM   #39
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Sorry Dawg but bootleg versions of DVDs recorded off TV don't count with me! Even though I resort to them for shows that I don't think will ever get the rest of their runs put out (Dragnet, Adam-12) or shows that are endlessly delayed (Batman), the show isn't officially on DVD until the studio puts it out in my book.

Old May 18th, 2006, 10:41 PM   #40
Cylon Number 13
Renegade Humanocylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon
Sorry Dawg but bootleg versions of DVDs recorded off TV don't count with me! Even though I resort to them for shows that I don't think will ever get the rest of their runs put out (Dragnet, Adam-12) or shows that are endlessly delayed (Batman), the show isn't officially on DVD until the studio puts it out in my book.
My sentiments exactly. I want the official DVD's of the series, not something that is a bootlegged version. So, I will wait.
Cylon Number 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 11:50 PM   #41
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Even though boots are always lacking in some way, they are worth resorting to as a stopgap to just have until an official version comes out. If the show has aired in an uncut format somewhere and the boots present them that way, then I think they're worth doing. I lucked out with the entire run of "Batman" off a Canadian channel that played the episodes uncut and the person who put together the boot did a great job overall.

"Voyagers" though I think would only have aired on Sci-Fi and as we BSG fans all remember well before we got our DVDs, Sci-Fi's procedure is to hack out a lot!

Old June 7th, 2006, 10:58 PM   #42
erico
Bad Email Address

First off, I'd say that TNG was cancelled too soon, even though it had 7 years, it should have had at least a few more. It was taken off the air in its prime of ratings/viewership, to make room for the newer shows, which I never did like as well as TNG, and which never reached the same ratings.

I'd also say Firefly, my all-time favorite sci-fi show, and Dead Like Me, if you consider that a fantasy show.
erico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2006, 05:11 AM   #43
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Definately BG and Space Above and Beyond.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote