Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 23rd, 2003, 01:57 PM   #1
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Default FYI - G-80 schedule on SciFi in March

Some people here like the show, others of us were just peeved at the implication that a worse fate met Apollo than that which Starbuck suffered (for 22 yrs I thought how dare they do that to either of my heroes! Then I ran into the major bsg websites, found Hatch's books and was extremely relieved: this was only a nightmare, my heroes lived on, grew & were as wonderful as when I knew them last). So please don't flame me, I'll be taping it because I know now it was just a bad dream (therefore it can't hurt me), but also a potentially amusing one in retrospect.

Can somebody post the March rebroadcast sched. for the real BSG?? My Living Legend got messed up and I missed the middle. Thanks.

FYI, for those of you that care, or wish to deprogram the channel off your remotes these 2 days. :z:

March 7th...

11:00 AM DAYTIME ROTATION - GALACTICA 1980 GALACTICA DISCOVERS EARTH -PT 1
12:00 PM DAYTIME ROTATION - GALACTICA 1980 GALACTICA DISCOVERS EARTH -PT 2
1:00 PM DAYTIME ROTATION - GALACTICA 1980 GALACTICA DISCOVERS EARTH -PT 3
2:00 PM DAYTIME ROTATION - GALACTICA 1980 THE SUPER SCOUTS -PT 1
3:00 PM DAYTIME ROTATION - GALACTICA 1980 THE SUPER SCOUTS -PT 2

Mar. 31st...

11:00 AM DAYTIME ROTATION - GALACTICA 1980 SPACEBALL
12:00 PM DAYTIME ROTATION - GALACTICA 1980 THE NIGHT THE CYLONS LANDED -PT 1
1:00 PM DAYTIME ROTATION - GALACTICA 1980 THE NIGHT THE CYLONS LANDED -PT 2
2:00 PM DAYTIME ROTATION - GALACTICA 1980 THE SPACECROPPERS
3:00 PM DAYTIME ROTATION - GALACTICA 1980 THE RETURN OF STARBUCK

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2003, 03:16 PM   #2
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Jewels, no I won't flame you . With the advent of the remake and it being so unwatchable I'm actually a little curious to see what it was we disliked so much about G80. Hey, if curiosity killed the cat, I wonder what it would do to a daggit?

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2003, 09:07 AM   #3
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

::stick::
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2003, 10:37 AM   #4
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I liked the cycles and the helmets.

I didnt like adama with the beard tho.
and I kept waiting for starbuck and apollo to show up.
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2003, 10:43 AM   #5
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

I kept waiting for Starbuck & Apollo to show up too. And when Starbuck did show, I enjoyed seeing Dirk again but knew all hope was lost at that point. Starbuck & Apollo need each other, IMHO. Plus if both of them are there, I don't have to pick between them.
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2003, 11:17 AM   #6
guittarjedi

I have vague memories of Galactica 1980. I remember liking the first episodes. I clearly remember liking the cycles. Needless to say, I will definitely be watching and taping the show. It will definitely be an amusing trip down memory lane. Wether the show is good or bad, kudos to the Sci Fi Channel for giving us all the opportunity to decide for ourselves.
Old March 2nd, 2003, 03:16 PM   #7
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Thumbs down Arhh-huhm-ah Something Good to Say About Galactica 1980

The opening title sequence was really cool.

Jon
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2003, 05:55 PM   #8
Iknowweather66

Default I didn't get to see all of G80

Now will be my chance. I did like return of Starbuck however.
Old March 20th, 2003, 02:23 PM   #9
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Default Kids on G'80

Blame the kids on the network. They had G'80 in a primetime slot so they wanted kids involved to say that it was family viewing. The only thing that can screw up the remake is the same kind of network interference.
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2003, 02:36 PM   #10
Philloz

Default Re: Kids on G'80

Quote:
Originally posted by Guardian2
They had G'80 in a primetime slot so they wanted kids involved to say that it was family viewing.

I sat down and watched the G80 pilot, "Galactica Discovers Earth," with my 10-year-old son, who loves BSG. In the opening scene, when Dillon comes across the kids playing with the daggits, I said, "Look, multiple Muffits." He grimmaced and said, "You mean there are MORE of them?"
Old March 26th, 2003, 11:55 AM   #11
shadehntr

wishes I had my satellite again as I would watch it...
Old March 29th, 2003, 03:54 PM   #12
baafan
Shuttle Pilot

When G80 was first aired, I was thrilled because it was BSG. It had Lorne Greene. And like Jewels, I kept expecting Apollo and StarBuck to show up. Troy and Dillon were ok substitutes, but nowhere as good as Apollo and StarBuck. So my enthusiasm for the show dropped to so-so fairly quickly. I agree with Warrior that the "kids" didn't help. It made the show too juvenile for my tastes.

And the irony is that the only good episode was "The Return Of StarBuck", which was really more in the mode of BSG, not G80.
baafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2003, 12:15 PM   #13
ststeven11

Default BSG80

As a kid, I tried to watch BSG80 when it first aired. I made it to the part in the first episode when the Colonial cycles take flight, then I took flight. It was too much for even my 10 year old imagination to accept, and I never watched any of the subsequent episodes. I taped the March 7th re-broadcast of the first five episodes of BSG80 and forced myself to sit through them. I really hope there's something redeeming about today's episodes. I've heard "The Return of Starbuck" is the only saving grace of the short-lived, aborted series. I've also heard that the Cylon Super Scout from "The Night the Cylons Landed" is a nice looking ship. Here's hoping!
Old March 31st, 2003, 03:35 PM   #14
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Darn Cable!!

My cable was out for most of the day so I only was able to tape the last 2 episodes. Good thing they will run it again in April. With my luck they will probably have bad weather in the area.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote