Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old December 16th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #1
CaptainHawke
Warrior

George Lucas on Indiana Jones
Source: TV Guide
September 18, 2007

TV Guide talked to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull executive producer George Lucas about Sean Connery not returning as Indy's father and the character that has replaced his role. Here's a clip:

It's just a completely different character, so you're not invested in him in any way. The fact that that character, after the first part of the movie, isn't needed doesn't become a problem. Whereas I think with the scene we had, where [Indy] says goodbye to his dad, everybody was, "Wait a minute! Isn't he coming back?" So in the end, I think it turned out for the best. Sean just retired and he wants to stay retired, and I understand that. [Laughs] I think he just said, "Look, I've done it, I've done it." He was very tempted, you know, and we talked for a long time. But in the end, he just said, "Eh, I'm playing golf."

===============================================
Computers, Photos Stolen for New Indiana Jones
Source: Los Angeles Times
October 3, 2007

Computers and photographs for director Steven Spielberg's upcoming Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull were stolen, and DreamWorks Pictures SKG has asked local law enforcement to investigate, reports the Los Angeles Times.

"An investigation is being conducted by law enforcement," said Kristin Stark, a spokeswoman for DreamWorks.

Stark declined to say where and when the theft took place. Officials from the Los Angeles Police Department, the FBI and the Sheriff's Department could not immediately confirm that they were investigating.

Marvin Levy, Spielberg's spokesman, said the director was concerned that the thieves might be trying to sell the materials.

"We want to warn the media that anything that is offered is stolen property," Levy said. "We know it is out there."
===============================================
Man Pleads Guilty in Indiana Jones Theft
Source: The Associated Press
November 2, 2007

A man who schemed to sell stolen computers and photographs used for Steven Spielberg's upcoming Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has pleaded guilty to two felony counts, according to The Associated Press.

Roderick Davis, 37, of Cerritos pleaded guilty Thursday to receiving stolen property and commercial burglary. As part of his plea deal, he will serve two years and four months in state prison.

He would have faced at least four years in prison if convicted of the charges, the District Attorney's Office said.

Davis was arrested Oct. 4 in West Hollywood during a sting operation by detectives who learned that some of the stolen material was being offered for sale to several entertainment gossip Web sites.

They posed as potential buyers for the images and set up a meeting. When Davis arrived, they took him into custody.
Old December 16th, 2007, 06:49 PM   #2
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Meh. Lots of promises headed for the porcelain idea file cabinet, and the usual trademark thefts reported.

I just think Spielberg is burned out, and that Lucass(TM) will figure out a new ingenuous way to screw this franchise up too.

D.
Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote