Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 18th, 2003, 07:01 AM   #1
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Default Debunking David Eickes latest comments

David Eicke in reference to TrekLord’s poll he claims only dealt with the video game and was a miscommunication was specific to a Ron Moore prequel or re-imagining.

So I gave him the benefit of the doubt and found this old thread.

http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/brows.../5/3315/317759

It clearly states: “Production Poll” on the thread title, not “Video Game Production Poll”

Date: 01/21/2003

Dear Galacticans,

We are looking for input on which production you would prefer.

A. Ronald D. Moore Remake
B. Ronald D. Moore Prequel

Thanks once again for your participation.

Lisa

Lisa emphasized Ronald D Moore in both choices. To my knowledge Ron had nothing to do with developing the video game. So if this Poll was focused on the video game that David Eicke claims, then why wasn’t the choices?
A. Battlestar Galactica Remake
B. Battlestar Galactica Prequel

Also Treklord delcared that he/she had communication/associations with Moore. Treklord refers to his/her bosses as Martian High Command.

http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/brows.../5/3315/317156

Date: 12/30/2002

Your message has been transmitted to the Martian High Command and has mysteriously been seen by Ron Moore. If you want to confirm this, I am sure the other third parties with access to Ron Moore can get Mr. Moore to confirm that he has been receiving Martian transmissions.

Treklord referred to his bosses as the Martian Leadership and Martina High Command. Dave's handle is MartinahighCounsel. WHY chose a name so similar?

Here’s another question. The Battlestar Galactica fans won this poll with the most votes going towards a prequel. If this was indeed as intended as the direction and format of the video game, then why are the fans being fed a video
game with a younger Husker Adama based on Almos character and not the original Adama based on Lorne Green’s character?

Either way you look at this, it is more lies coming from TPTB. The next time David or anyone else comments on what was said or done by TrekLord, maybe he/they should check the archives before he/they starts spurting out more lies.

-Ronald D. Moore-
Scooter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2003, 09:27 AM   #2
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Because the poll was obviously about the production, and this redirection is an obvious attempt at a cover up? Hmm....
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2003, 09:52 AM   #3
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

I've said this a million times now:
Someone is fighting TOO HARD again. Pushed the PR past the breaking point.

Let's handwrite this round of letters and remember to be polite.
Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2003, 11:19 AM   #4
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

I still am reading the other posts from TrekLord in reference to this production poll. I can not find one statement that proves that this poll was intended for the video game and not the actual mini-series it self.

Once again I ask why isn't the video game a prequel based on the original series?

-Ronald D. Moore-
Old April 18th, 2003, 11:20 AM   #5
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Quote:
Originally posted by Micheleh
Because the poll was obviously about the production, and this redirection is an obvious attempt at a cover up? Hmm....
That is the only conclusion that I can come up with,