Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old September 27th, 2004, 12:23 PM   #1
koenigrules
Warrior

Default HollywoodNorthReport Has Correct BSG Episode Order

The Flight Deck column of HollywoodNorthReport has the right sequence and titles of the new BSG episodes- plus photos and an upcoming Moore interview:

"HNR now has your Galactica episode guide posted. We regret that while we have all the titles for season one, we only have loglines for nine episodes, but rest assured we’ll add the remaining four as details are released.

A “first-look” picture (example below) also accompanies a number of the episode descriptions. Late next week HNR will present an exclusive post-production interview with creator/executive producer Ron Moore. Look for a large collection of new photos to accompany that interview."

http://www.hollywoodnorthreport.com/...isodeguide.php

KR
koenigrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:50 AM   #2
Antelope

The short decriptions look very good. I think we have the possibility of a good scifi show here. It definitely may be something even the purist may enjoy if they just pretend the ship is called something else.

For those looking at the similarities between TOS and Moore's version here are some possible episode similaries in theme:

Water: If this is about a water shortage in the fleet it would have a theme similar to the start of the second half of "Saga of a Star World" and the theme that starts "The Magnificient Warriors".

Bastile Day: Themes of this episode would appear to be similar to those from both "Take the Celestra" and "Gun on Ice Planet Zero".

The Hand of God: The most obvious lift. Change the Moore version description to read "basestar" instead of "base" and it could be the TV Guide one line description for the identically named TOS episode.

Act of Contrition/Kobol's Last Gleaming: Both episodes seem to take the main themes from TOS "Lost Planet of the Gods" which is drafting inexperienced pilots to fly vipers (Act of Contrition) and finding Kobol (Kobol's Last Gleaming).

For the sex versus family argument: "Tigh Me Up. Tigh Me Down" from its description looks more like an old fashion divorced couple coming together in a time of crisis story than it does a titilation episode.

I hope the episodes come out as promising as they look. At this point I think you have to be really hard headed to not see the TOS themes coming. Let's hope he does them justice. Moore either knew TOS all along (As I suspect), was a quick study on TOS after he made the mini, or has delivered a hell of a lot of coincidence.

To be honest now that I see this little peek into the show I must admit I haven't looked this forward to a new scifi show in a long time.