Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old June 16th, 2003, 09:43 AM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Default Suggestions? What do you wanna talk about?

A lot of us are feeliing alot of burnout and frustration. I was wondering...what else do you guys wanna talk about besides the stuff on G2003 that makes everyone ill?

What would make you all happy campers?

(BESIDES bad things happening to G2003)

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2003, 08:28 AM   #2
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

The Battlestar Galactica role playing game? I thought there was one, I really enjoy the Star Wars role playing game books and wish there was something similar for Battlestar.

Also with out the pain of viewing it and quite frankly hard to find the episode of SuperScouts:upchuck: had some "new" Viper Pilot Helmet, does any one have pics, a link to a pic?
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2003, 08:33 AM   #3
LadyImmortal
Bad Email Address

What would make ME happy?

Let's see.... a date with one of the following:

Richard Hatch
Richard Dean Anderson
(dangit, they're both taken!)
Michael Shanks...
Peter Wingfield...
(dangit, I think they're both taken too)

Uhm, ok, let's try something else.

How about my room decorated in wallpaper featuring the above five? Along with some scattered Nightwing pictures...

Mmm...

Ok, ok, so my mind is in the tank right now!

--Rhonda
LadyImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2003, 09:49 AM   #4
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Here's a thought, I've been working on new chapters for the EDF, Progress has been sloooow of late. But in my list of ideas are two events that might be of interest here and good points of discussion as most here are familiar with the story so far.

So here goes:

Event 1, the EDF finds Galactica and here fleet, just how might first contact go.

Event 2, after first contact, Admiral Lee interviews Commander Apollo. What questions would Apollo have for Lee, and what would Lee want to hear from Apollo.
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 03:02 PM   #5
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sept17th

Also with out the pain of viewing it and quite frankly hard to find the episode of SuperScouts:upchuck: had some "new" Viper Pilot Helmet, does any one have pics, a link to a pic?
http://fp.culttv.plus.com/ukculttv/galactica1980.html
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 04:29 PM   #6
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

How about what folks are doing IRL. I know that this is the BSG Discussion forum but, sometimes the best thing to do for the effort as a whole, is to step back for a moment and survey what else makes us tick. Speaking for myself, I need a little break from all the chatter regarding the Original and the Re-imagining.

I'll give this a start -- mainly I'm just trying to enjoy the newly found WARM summer temps. I don't know where they've been hiding but, they sure took their good old time getting here.

Most of the time, for my wife and I, is the typical -- go to work, come home, have dinner, check e-mail, the forums and play a few games, and try to get a few "honey-do" projects either started or completed. My daughter is done with soccer for the spring so that means that we get 1 day and 2 evenings a week back (until August). My wife and I have been slooooowly transforming our house, basically from head to toe. We've painted, replaced baseboard, stripped stained and varnished doors and woodwork, and remodeled our game room since Y2K. We've also been working outside trying to get the yard shaped up to something that WE like. (We aren't accomplished painters or carpenters or landscapers, kind of just learn as you go...and we really have learned a lot!) We've been doing little by little each year for the last 3-4 years and this seems like the year when everything will finally come together although, depending on the available funds, a couple things like new windows may have to wait until next year.

Sounds like fun, huh?

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 04:45 PM   #7
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Isn't it amazing, BST, how much you learn when you own a house?

My summer project is the deck - it was rotting when we moved in and it's still rotting. We're thinking of putting in stone or textured/dyed cement; we need to investigate that further yet (it will probably be August before any real work happens). We might go for some of that synthetic material they are making now - looks like wood, cuts like wood, but it's a composite that will last far longer than wood with less care.

Then I have to design it.....

We're thinking about building a barbecue pit at one end, too.

Next year, it's the lawn......

And I'd like to know where you're getting your warm summer temperatures. We had about a week in the 80s (a couple days into the 90s - that was unusual), but now it's low, gray-black clouds and rain. Should be nicer by the end of the week, though.

Yeah - this felt good. Thanks, BST.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 06:36 PM   #8
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Dawg,

I just saw a graphic on one of our local news stations. By this time last year, we had 18 days of 80 degrees or more. This year, 6!! Today was gorgeous, lots of sun and temps better than 85!
Hopefully, it will last for a while. We need to dry out for a little while. The ground is getting so saturated that I feel like wearing flippers instead of shoes!!

I've heard about the 'composite' decking that you mentioned and the response seems to be although I've never actually seen it. About the design, have you considered 'multi-level'. I've seen several that had a main area and then little alcoves 2 or 3 steps down, 2 or 3 steps up and some with a mixture. Really cool!!

Good luck with your project. You'll have a big smile and years of enjoyment after you're done with it!!

BST

BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 08:41 PM   #9
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

My wife's made the suggestion of multi-levels, too, and I admit the idea intrigues me - it would make the building of a barbecue a lot simpler if it was closer to ground level.

We'll have to see - we also have to consider the young racoon family currently living under the south end of the existing deck, too. (We don't plan on having them here next year).

We're off to a slow start, too - highs today in the low 60s, we should be in the mid-70s on average. They're forcasting 90 for Thursday, though, so maybe we'll have a summer after all.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote