Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Muffit's Musings
Notices
Muffit's Musings Dedicated to our dear Muffit.
Post poetry, things of friendship and other things
that brighten your day in a personal way.

Old March 8th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #1
Jubal
Warrior

Default A white colonial warrior suit...

Now you have to understand, I have loved the colonial warrior look for a LONG time. I mean I loved it when I saw it at age 10, and now at 41 I still love it. And now I have placed an order for my own uniform set. Strangely a dream come true. I consider the colonial warrior outfit to be a tuxido of the sci-fi fandom.

I asked my wife in fun "When I die, I am torn. Should I be buried like a knight in plate maile (from my 20 years of LARPing), or as a Colonial Warrior?" (from my 30 years of being a Galactica fan).

She said "I have to be honest, I am burying you in the suit you are in (which I looked sharp in, on my way to a funeral at the time) and selling the rest of your stuff."

And have to admit, my Colonial Warrior get-up would bring in some good money after I'm gone so can't hate her for that. :P

But then we got to joking....

... what if you had a WHITE colonial warrior outfit made. All white, like in the show when they would get abducted by the angelic people.

Now being a Christian myself, and believing that you wake up again one day when Christ returns... WOULDN'T THAT BE THE ULTIMATE COSPLAY?

Get buried in a white colonial uniform, and when you get "woke up" and in the presence of God, standing amongst angels and what not, you get to relive a scene from Battlestar Galactica.

I mean seeing God and angels would be cool, but it be even more cool to be thinking at the same time "Ok, what would Apollo do?" :P
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #2
Viper 500
Shuttle Pilot

Default Re: A white colonial warrior suit...

The white suit would be cool. Maybe the big man himself will be dressed in a blue suit like Adama's.
Viper 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:05 AM   #3
Jubal
Warrior

Huh yeh! What if God looked like Adama?

(Of course if like the Vorlons of Babylon 5 and how they took the appearance of something familiar to each person, in this case I think God would look like Adama to me at least).
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #4
monolith21
Squadron Leader

Fantastic idea! Great. Now I have to make a white uniform too. lol

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:01 AM   #5
Reaper
Warrior ACE!

lol, I love the idea. I would love to have the white Uniform as well, but I seem to attract Dirt magneticlly. I know someone who got the White suit from Katarra8, but she isn't the most reliable of people to order from. At least when ordering away from ebay.

when Blackstar gets the Patterns together for the Uniform (we have access to jacket patterns, we just have to get them put online for people to download and use) I'm sure we will all be able to get these done.

Classic fan, and die hard!
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #6
Jubal
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
when Blackstar gets the Patterns together for the Uniform (we have access to jacket patterns, we just have to get them put online for people to download and use) I'm sure we will all be able to get these done.
I am all for that idea. I think the second most valuable pattern will be the tunic one of these days. If there were not so darned expensive to get made I would dismantle one and trace out the cut outs.
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #7
Reaper
Warrior ACE!

Blackstar Squadron is working on the patterns as we speak. Hopefully soon

Classic fan, and die hard!
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote