Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 28th, 2003, 12:46 PM   #1
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Default We have been categorized. (Read then write)

the following were some thoughts on the scifi bbd. that might make a difference to those who have not already written their letters. Write courteously and with your heart one last time.This is my editorial comment opinion on what's below:

(this is my interpretation): a continuation is about as likely to be in the deck AT THE MOMENT as winning a trick in Euchre with an 8.* (Euchre only uses Aces, Face Cards 9s and 10s, if I recall.) Prequel is the jack of hearts (2nd highest card) and diamonds is trump. They laid the jack of diamonds (highest card) last April. We still have the second highest card in our hand. We could win this game and start a new hand. But it will take all of us pulling together. *yes, that doesn't make me happy either, I highly prefer a continuation, but I believe in playing the game to it's conclusion. And by new hand: I have no idea what that could evolve into, only that it is a new game.

A lot of us working together can be a big enough rudder to avoid this iceberg of a remake. (Sorry, Hito & Dennis: as a remake it ain't BSG) Michael and cugel might call it Karma, but I think there are higher powers than TPTB. If you want it in BSG terms: I think the lightbeings are on our side.

Keep the faith, write politely, write your heart. Read what is below. Write. asap. Then we'll get to watch what comes next.
Jewels

Quote:
We have been categorized. (Repost) Note-original was by michaelfaries, could not locate it on the scifi board so this is as Lusitan reposted there All comments about "this board" refer to the SciFi bbd. not CF.--J.

Date: 02/28/2003

"Some folks" can do whatever they want with online feedback. And they do. "Battlestar Galactica" fans have been categorized by "some folks" in myriad ways. We're seen as divided, loudmouthed, *desperate* individuals who are:

* very few in number;
* part of fringe group or groups;
* not the key viewing audience, but still somewhat relevant (based on past support, pre-Moore, for the show's return);
* are merely whining and complaining without taking tangible action.

Original series fans are burnt out. And, sadly, it's felt that burnt-out original series fans wouldn't support the show, so they're out of the equation UNLESS THEY/WE RALLY TOGETHER.

- To the fans whom have worked for years on the revival of "Battlestar Galactica" show, it comes down (again) to whether or not you step up to the plate and hit a home run. (Home run = taking the time to write POLITE, thoughtful, courteous snail mail with friendly feedback and suggestions.)

It isn't a matter of whether or not you've written in the past, whether you signed a petition, or clamor for within this bboard. It's about your pro-active ability to send a SNAIL MAIL LETTER this week. _No_ offensive, vulgar language.

Be diplomatic, courteous and friendly, please.

Send your snail mails to:

Mr. Barry Diller
Chairman and CEO
Universal Entertainment Group
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608 USA
re: Battlestar Galactica

- To the fans who are writing in support of Ronald D. Moore, you're getting Moore's production regardless of whether you write or not. It's the direction -- and what could potentially honor the original series -- that matters right now. Whether a prequel or a remake, you have to decide what you support. The term "sidestory" ISN'T being acknowledged. It's either:

* prequel; or
* remake

And for continuation fans: You'd best start supporting the prequel. It is your LAST CHANCE to potentially get what you want, ie. reunion project. It cannot (CANNOT) happen with a remake show. There are "some folks" who don't want you to know this, because it would cause further production delays and dampen one of their many trophy projects, including: The BG remake, which they get to leave their mark on.

Some folks, too, are even scratching their heads saying "We haven't heard anything about this..." Well, to them I'd say, a *lot* happened/is still happening behind the scenes.

AND IF I WERE RONALD D. MOORE AND DAVID EICK, I'D BE FEELING LIKE I WAS IN TOM DESANTO'S SHOES ABOUT *THIS TIME* LAST YEAR. (And, btw, what happened to Tom came as a COMPLETE surprise, including the lack of a courtesy call to find out what the Hell happened. Fans and friends had to deliver the news to him, not StudiosUSA, Universal or SCI-FI.)

- To the individuals who intentionally cause friction and dischord within this bboard, including those with numerous multiple handles (and REGARDLESS of what they support)... You've done excessive damage. "Some folks" aren't changing the bboard tech to make it easier to moderate or manage disruptive behaviors, but they can make more time to critique and classify users (as a whole) based on posts here.

In summary: Please write a snail mail with support for the direction of "Battlestar Galactica." What you choose to support is your business. Me, given what I know, I'm supporting the current remake production change to a PREQUEL, plus showing support for a future, special REUNION (CONTINUATION) project.

Don't write another post here until you've written/mailed a snail mail (post office) letter. Thanks.

Michael
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2003, 03:04 PM   #2
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I wouldnt mind the story as a prequel.
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2003, 04:43 PM   #3
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

thanks Hito! the dancing guy avatar is fun, btw. Still like your Linda Park one the best: gorgeous eyes.

I just don't like it as a rewrite of the orig. premiere it feels like Titanic seeking the iceburg full steam ahead, IMO. Prequel could work.
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2003, 04:57 PM   #4
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

I'll write. I don't believe that even if there is a prequel, that here will be a continuation show. I don't see why they would compete with themselves by putting out two potentially contradictory (and by the way things are going, they would be) projects. However, I'll keep an open mind.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2003, 05:02 PM   #5
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

BTW- the 'categorization' is meaningless- regardless of how the PTB do see us, since the pro-continuation people and the PTB have apparently differeng goals, there is NO WAY they would say anything else, true or not. Think about it. If they did say "Yes, they are a large group with boycott power" that would force them to deal with us, so instead they give the impression that we are small and shrill in the hopes that we will buy it, see ourselves at a disadvantage, and react accordingly. Old trick.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote