Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old January 11th, 2005, 12:45 PM   #1
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default TRON 2.O Killer App for XBOX

Well...lo and behold I found TRON 2.0 Killer App for Xbox at Gamestop...and I could not believe the price for a new copy ...only 20 bucks. Despite the mediocre reviews I'd read on it....I had to buy this game and see for myself.

Well...graphically and soundwise, the game is pretty nice.

The controls take some getting used to.

If you have to jump platforms at any time, the jumping is really wonky. Takes MORE getting used to.

The light cycle sequences are sweet.

There is also some good voice acting from Bruce Boxleitner, reprising his role of Alan/Tron from the original movie from 20+ years ago. Cindy Morgan (Lora/Yori) returns, but not in a reprising role...instead, she plays a program written by Alan called Me3a. (pronounced Muh-three-uh). Rebecca Romijn-Stamos (most famously Mystique from the Xmen movies) plays a rebel program who is assisting Alan and Lora Bradley's son, Jet...when he gets zapped into the computer world when Alan goes missing.

The music is straight from Wendy Carlo's beautiful electronic score written at the time of the movie, and I do believe there is some original score written in the same motif for this game.

The featured band is Breaking Benjamin, although I would still rather have Journey (as in the original film).

This game is considered a canonized sequel to the original movie. Much has happened according to the TRON 2.0 timeline...but I won't spoil it for you, as I vaguely remember it myself.

It also has many multiplayer modes for split-screen (2-4 players), system link (connecting multiple XBoxes for 2-16 players), and Xbox Live. And yes, LIGHT CYCLES is among the multiplayer games. There is also one MP game that allows you to utilize Light Cycles in a deathmatch game. WOO HOO!!!

I give this game a 7 out of 10. It is definitely no HALO or TIMESPLITTERS 2...but it is alright.

My best advice when playing this game. SAVE OFTEN! SAVE VERY OFTEN!!!

Martok